We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_R View Post
    The only gear i can think of right now being hard to get as 'strict soloer', are 2 armor-pieces (from avancs/drakes and TC).

But i might have missed something (or even 'a lot' tbh, brain is a bit slow atm, 28.3 degrees C inside. Outside? Similar to at least Dantes 4'th...).

So what else is there you need to group for? What have i missed? (Just curious, no offence meant! )

Regards
    /T
    Fun is the only reason in my mind to 'team'. Nothing else matters to me. The set bonus stuff being 'gated' does not bother me at all. Gating generally useful high end stuff does.

Come to think of it, if the set bonus gear had exclusive bonuses useful for team play but otherwise no better than similar regular gear, I'd have no issue with the gating.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    then please tell me what solo content requires first agers and top tier armor and top tier jewellery
    Technically, raids don't 'require' top gear either. If raids 'required' it, nobody would be able to complete a raid to get the required gear because nobody would have the required gear.

Once you have it though, it just tends to make the raid easier.

Kinda like having the top end gear makes non-raid content easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    I like the unwelcome mat and nanu's hiding place.It's not enough reason in itself to run either BG on level T2c or even turtle over level repeatedly.

The rewards are an incentive for me forever, btw, not just at the beginning. I ran DN until the next raid came out - same with BG, OD, ToO. I ran Erebor until we beat T2 on Flight and not everybody got credit for it, at which point people quit showing up to raid at all because they were so frustrated with the RNG. It never got old getting symbols, crystals, and all the goodies that are supposed to come in the higher tiered raids.

The reason we run Rift is for nostalgia, not reward. Since it's under level it's a casual walk down memory lane rather than a challenge.

Uber armour is not passe to me. I always like to work to make my character the best she can be. If that means going into BBs which I strongly dislike, that's what I do. If it means going into raids which I love, I do that also. If it means grinding dailies solo, so be it. Last I checked though the best armour in the game hasn't been gated behind raids since level 75. At 85 we had best gear in Hytbold, superior to the T2 Erebor gear, and Horse Lords gear from landscape recipe drops. At 95 best gear was crafted. At 100 it's essence or gear obtained by the dailies in DA. Nothing drops from the raids you can't get equal or better elsewhere by way of gear and jewelry.
    So...

How many sets of BG armour do you still need? How many sets of OD armour are you stockpiling for your toons? How many scales of Draigoch can you stockpile? No one is using the Draigoch cloak as an armour piece anymore; it's a nice cloak though. One in the wardrobe and your account is set. Even if you have alts on every server at some point you will no longer "need" that armour.

But you still run the content? Why? (rhetorical question)

Maybe because you enjoy the content experience and having 99 BG chest pieces from Durchest is no longer the reason you continue to run those sequences.

You may not run Turtle or BG for those particular items (the unwelcome mat, nanu's hiding place) but if you run raid content, you are likely still running those sequences. Even though BG can be done 6man these days, it's still being run and armour is not the driving "need" for that venue. And.. I would hazard a guess that if you were lucky enough to actually win the /roll for them you wouldn't leave them in the chest to rot.

The unwelcome mat and nanu's hiding place may not be THE only items that can "tantalized and entice" players to run group content; they are examples of items that are NOT armour/weapons that players are still working on acquiring.

Armour is passé - there is some point at which the armour itself no longer drives the experience. Time to think of another item to get - maybe a totally different type of award system. The devs are good at this part - thinking up new deed sequences.

Consider as Example

A set of "goodies" labeled "desirable". These goodies are like the Server Unlocks and can be unlocked after doing something x times. But there's a rotation where older items "drop off the list" (expire) so you have to get N items done within a "time frame" for them to count. Next we put in some bonus points for T2 and T3 which extend your "expiration date some". Once you get your "ticket punched" you get a chance or barter for 1 item from the most Elite of Hobbit Present type slot machines. You spin and you use up your count. Locks and timers take care of the farming - only N points per day/week allowed. No carry over points.

You just have to find something called "desirable" and for some that would be an item like a Ginormous Shrew.... others might want something more subtle. Maybe a jet pack with 5 launches and you can get a renewable cartridge from recycling through the event sequence again.

btw: Jet Packs were uber awesome in betas.... The aerial view of Bree is pretty fantastic. You get a bit of a sense from the outpost above the Prancing Pony but if you time it right, you can double or triple punch the jet pack for an "out of world experience. Maybe Turbine could add in Jet Pack Acrobatics as a special event or contest...
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    So...

How many sets of BG armour do you still need? How many sets of OD armour are you stockpiling for your toons? How many scales of Draigoch can you stockpile? No one is using the Draigoch cloak as an armour piece anymore; it's a nice cloak though. One in the wardrobe and your account is set. Even if you have alts on every server at some point you will no longer "need" that armour.

But you still run the content? Why? (rhetorical question)
    I never needed the BG armour after the next raid came out and I got the enxt set. If you read my post I was saying DN lasted til BG came out, BG lasted til the next raid, etc. I didn't just run it in the beginning of its release, I ran it basically til the next raid came out. The rewards were still incentive, plus you could run alts through for extra fun and games.

Raiding and rewards do go together for most of us. Easier raids/tiers should have one set of rewards, with the potency or value going up with the level of challenge. Otherwise there's no reason to run. And again, titles and cosmetics just don't feel like a reward to me (or many others that I know and run with). Was I excited when I got Nanu? Yep. Would I run turtle just to get it? Nope. I haven't gotten the Unwelcome Mat yet, and I won't run BG just to get it. Put something else in BG worth running for and I'm there, same as I ran approximately 27 hours worth of OD this weekend. T1, because that's where the FA symbols have been dropping.... but yes, we ran it non-stop from morning til midnight LOL.

If I run raid content, and I do, I run where the rewards are (see OD schedule above). So no, we don't run raid content in cycles if you mean let's do BG today, OD later, ToO next. As a raider I go where the reward is and that's what I run. Spread out the rewards, make them worthwhile, and I'll run whatever I need to in order to get it - if it's worth it. If it's not, it just won't get run.

When it comes to raid chests/rewards for me server unlocks don't mean a lot as incentive, couldn't care less about cosmetic pets, housing items are nice but not enough by themselves, jet packs hold no appeal, and an extra roll in Hobbit Roulette to me is almost an insult. *shrug* You want to know what drives me? Symbols, gear that shines, crystals, combat related shinies..... provide that and I'll run it all day every day every chance I get. I had 10 characters at level cap at 85. I have 1 now at 100 and haven't started any of the few that made it to 95, because there's still no reason to level them. I keep hoping.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    then please tell me what solo content requires first agers and top tier armor and top tier jewellery
    What raid requires these?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981
    then please tell me what solo content requires first agers and top tier armor and top tier jewelry

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post

LOL so true. While OD is passé I was on a kin-march-through-Georgia-OD-wings yesterday and Durin's Bane fell in less than 10 min - maybe 5.... Lvl 95 PVP gear, L80-95 basic LM staff/book - I even forgot I had a lute slotted so I didn't have my pet buff locket equipped. We didn't even have a full group.

It was soooo awful, like doing the pie delivery in the shire but less fun - at least for the Pie Delivery you have to dance around the Hungry Hobbits.

They were farming for 1st Age Symbols and from what they said, each section drops at least 1 symbol. Rotate Leader One To The Right and go again...
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    have you tried t2 challenge raids lately cause they got buffed up quite a bit since update 14

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    LOL so true. While OD is passé I was on a kin-march-through-Georgia-OD-wings yesterday and Durin's Bane fell in less than 10 min - maybe 5.... Lvl 95 PVP gear, L80-95 basic LM staff/book - I even forgot I had a lute slotted so I didn't have my pet buff locket equipped. We didn't even have a full group.

It was soooo awful, like doing the pie delivery in the shire but less fun - at least for the Pie Delivery you have to dance around the Hungry Hobbits.

They were farming for 1st Age Symbols and from what they said, each section drops at least 1 symbol. Rotate Leader One To The Right and go again...
    again try t2 challenge raids and come back and talk to me t1 does not count in anyway

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Sounds like we've strayed far enough from the original discussion to say it is time for the thread to end.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12