We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sellswords - Posted in Bree, Archet and Combe

Cross-posted from the Roleplay forum:

As part of a project attempting to reinvigorate conflict-driven RP in Breeland on Landroval, I am recruiting sellswords for a series of DMed events involving raids, plunder, theft and brigandry.

Rhoane Commons, the last known living member of the true line of Blackthorne, is recruiting sellswords to build a warband in the north. With the aim of reclaiming the North Downs from the orcs and those masked nightmares called the Rangers of the North, her party will build a force to be reckoned with.

Will they make enemies? That remains to be seen.

Recruiting will follow the advertising IC at the Comb and Wattle. Events will follow based on numbers, schedules and interest. There will be non-combat but with an emphasis on combat, and will be against both NPCs and PCs (dependent on interest).

For more information send me a mail/PM IG. Or contact me via facebook or skype, if you have that info already.

EDIT: We have a website! Please visit our forums for more information on the upcoming Plunder events.
    http://the-hounds.enjin.com/forum/m/...post/last#last
    Last edited by Femhem; Jun 19 2014 at 01:38 AM.
    "A man can be destroyed but not defeated." - Ernest Hemingway
    Haneth ~ Rhoane ~ Nasib ~ Thyrlian ~ Lothriane
    The Hounds, The Oathsworn, Gentlemen of the Roads

I'm just posting everywhere that I'm in.

Cause I likes.

This will be fun.

AND THAT POSTER. UNF.
    [center] [b]|Faewyrn|[/b]|Captain of Rhûn||95| |Agala||Warden of Snowbourn||85| |Saelila||Huntress of Mirkwood||85| |Orronn||Champion of Women||80| [/center]
    [center] Leader of Randirheim: The Wanderer's Home on Landroval. [/center]
    [center] I BOOP YOUR NOSE. BOOP! [/center]

Post Info.

Bit of info for you.

Estorn has a Kinship dedicated to mercenaries, so if you're interested in getting as many players whom are willing to participate, I would suggest speaking to him about seeing if any of his members are willing to participate. I personally have two characters that can get involved if you would like to, as they both would have reason;

Lancastor - He IS a merchant, so if there's any supplies needed he could more than likely acquire or supply specific goods and services. More well known things that I welcome to be public knowledge is that he does have farmland and he does have a hunting lodge, so meats, grain, several kinds of produce, as well as furs and hides are easily available to be purchased.

Timore - A wanted Sellsword who would answer the call to profit. Scavenger, murderer, highwaymen, whatever the job entails he would sell his services to the bidder that's willing to accept his interest in self-service. He can come with two to five bandits(NPC) that have been roving with him for the past few years from Gondor to presently Bree region.

I can also pass this along to players I know and their Kins to possibly see about getting their involvement as well if you would like. As well while the tools I have available are limited, I can possibly help out with any concept art used for props and photo editing for promotion if it is minor and needed. I always have given my all to improve and diversify the RP possibilities on Landroval, and I am still doing so if you'd like me to hop on board the train. Below is a link to some of the stuff i've done so far if you want to view it before giving any replies:

http://incarta1.deviantart.com/gallery/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002e518f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have a Ranger that I would like to set against your sellswords. I also have a few folks I could call in to make a set of PCs to provide Drama (TM). Send a message to Calonimir in-game with more info.

The Éored of the West-Mark ~ Lore-accurate Rohirric Kinship on Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Imadwarfdude View Post
    Bit of info for you.

Estorn has a Kinship dedicated to mercenaries, so if you're interested in getting as many players whom are willing to participate, I would suggest speaking to him about seeing if any of his members are willing to participate. I personally have two characters that can get involved if you would like to, as they both would have reason;

Lancastor - He IS a merchant, so if there's any supplies needed he could more than likely acquire or supply specific goods and services. More well known things that I welcome to be public knowledge is that he does have farmland and he does have a hunting lodge, so meats, grain, several kinds of produce, as well as furs and hides are easily available to be purchased.

Timore - A wanted Sellsword who would answer the call to profit. Scavenger, murderer, highwaymen, whatever the job entails he would sell his services to the bidder that's willing to accept his interest in self-service. He can come with two to five bandits(NPC) that have been roving with him for the past few years from Gondor to presently Bree region.

I can also pass this along to players I know and their Kins to possibly see about getting their involvement as well if you would like. As well while the tools I have available are limited, I can possibly help out with any concept art used for props and photo editing for promotion if it is minor and needed. I always have given my all to improve and diversify the RP possibilities on Landroval, and I am still doing so if you'd like me to hop on board the train. Below is a link to some of the stuff i've done so far if you want to view it before giving any replies:

http://incarta1.deviantart.com/gallery/
    As for Estorn, talking to him in game right now actualy!

As for Lan, thanks for the offer, but the goal is to generate conflict by stealing the above things you've mentioned, rather than purchasing them. Also Rhoane won't logically work with anyone who wears a mask.

As for Timore, welcome to get involved! But as for the NPC's we'd have to discuss that before hand, as I do have rules for the events and the use of NPC's is always a touchy subject.

Thanks for spreading the word. We've had quite a lot of interest on the forums and on facebook, so I'm looking forward to scheduling the events pretty soon. I really love doing the graphic art, but you're welcome to make anything you're inspired for.

Just an update here. Rhoane is away in the states over the next few weeks. If you are interested in meeting over this plot though, please feel free to contact me here, or IG as Thorvall or Wudugast. I'll be holding similar 1 on 1 RP scenes as Rhoane as "interviews" and looking to cook up a start to events.

Cheers!

Thor/Wudu
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000006f0a9/01003/signature.png]Thorvall[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Cala_Romello View Post
    I have a Ranger that I would like to set against your sellswords. I also have a few folks I could call in to make a set of PCs to provide Drama (TM). Send a message to Calonimir in-game with more info.
    My new alt is actually an Esteldin-raised Gondorian non-Ranger (but grew up around them), I was kicking this idea around with Estorn the other day. I was thinking about creating like, a Northern force to combat murder, forced intercourse (since the four letter word I planned on using is apparently on the censor list, and rightfully so I suppose), theft, etc against an already impoverished and downtrodden people (since my toon is Chaotic Good).
    [b]SOMEWHERE, A MAN IS SLOW-CLAPPING[/b]

[b]Tharbadon[/b] ~ 100 RoM Hunter - Landroval - Dúnedain of The North [color=green][b]**Primary**[/b][/color]
    [b]Haenir[/b] ~ 100 RoM Champion - Landroval - Dúnedain of The North [color=green]*Active*[/color]

Plunder event is tonight! Hope all of you can make it. I know it's really early for those of you on the American side of the pond, but I'm not a night owl like i used to be. Midnight it's going to have to be.

Been having some trouble fiddling with the time on the website, so just to clarify the event is at 7e/6c. That's midnight for us and 4pm for you west coasters (during work hours, I know, but you can come half way through!)

Let me know if you guys have questions. Hope to see you there!

http://the-hounds.enjin.com/home for more info.

I'd really like to get the Mercenaries' Guild in on this too, we are growing and might soon be enough to be a force. My character has connections in Trestlebridge. Could you tell me a) if the town could expect an attack again later, and b) if they have any wealth left to barter with.
    Last edited by Paidbladee; Jul 15 2014 at 11:07 PM.