We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

need to talk to a GM

I would love to talk about multiboxing with a GM. This is ridiculous. Put in a ticket and it is auto-closed. Please PM me or in-game. Thanks.
    [img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/quibster/akbalak_zps628d4080.jpg[/img]
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

You will not get a GM to PM you. Best you can do is put in a ticket for the In-Game team through the website and ask your questions in that. A GM in-game will not have the time to spend "chatting" with you, especially when they have other tickets (players) waiting.

If you are complaining about another player then you already have your answer. Turbine cannot discuss someone else's account with you. The ticket you opened may have been closed but you won't know anything about any internal ticket they opened to look into it. Simply put, another person's account is not your business. You do not get to know what, if anything, Turbine does to the other player.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordem_the_RK View Post
    I would love to talk about multiboxing with a GM. This is ridiculous. Put in a ticket and it is auto-closed. Please PM me or in-game. Thanks.
    Multi-boxing is allowed and supported by Turbine, even to the point they adapted their launcher to allow more than one client to run at the same time on a single machine. They've said many, many times it is allowed and they have no intention of changing that.

If the boxer is behaving in an abusive manner towards you or someone else, that is reportable for harassment. But multi-boxing by itself is not against the rules, so any ticket you file with a GM is closed because there's no action to be taken.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

ok, so everyone is free to multibox. Time to get it on! Everyone multibox now!
    [img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/quibster/akbalak_zps628d4080.jpg[/img]
    Signed,
    DennisWeaver

Would be nice for Turbine. It means more sales. With just my lifetime account i didn't make any purchases at all. Now that i multibox i purchased 2x vip for 5 accounts, 5 quad packs, 2x TP purchases for 5 accounts and probably will buy more in the future.
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

Any talk about multi-boxing is better served coming here. GMs have enough to deal with, so any topic or concern that does not fall into their sphere of influence, gets a summary close with a terse response.

I did have a curious exchange a few days ago. In game people told me to contact game support for my question. Support person responded they could not help me, I should try in-game. ??? Yeah?, so I replied to support saying in-game people were the ones who sent me to support! Turned out ok, support person was very understanding and lets just say the issue was resolved. Moral of the story is, sometimes the left hand is unaware of the right hand.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Multiboxing has been supported by Turbine since the game began. The most characters I've multiboxed at once is five (my poor computer!). However, some people use that ability for... shall we say... unsportsmanlike behavior. But, it's not against the rules for someone to be that way.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Any talk about multi-boxing is better served coming here.
    Why?

I've seen people banned from this forum for bringing up multiboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmu View Post
    Why?

They probably weren't banned JUST for bringing up multiboxing. If people want to break the CoC and/or Wil's Law, that's on them. But multiboxing by itself as a topic or as an action in game is not bannable.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmu View Post
    Why?

I entirely doubt that. For one thing, there is no way for you to know that they have been banned.

However, most "discussions" about multiboxing quickly become ad-homin attacks which WILL get you banned.

You have zero way to determine IF a person has been banned except their claim to be banned.
    Secondly even the banned player does not get a detailed explanation of WHY they have been banned.

Far too often the "banned" players all congregate on a particular external Forum and complain about their lives -- independently of any factual information.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (94)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Okie dokie --- except I've been doing it for years. Not just this game but every game I've played starting with diablo, then diablo 2, then DAoC, then WoW then AoC now this game for 4 years. All this time I've never found any game company that had a problem with it.

Most games at one time or another had rules against using special software and or keyboards to assist in Multiboxing, but I've been told that even this is no longer a problem with Lotro as long as the software does not automate 'control a toon while no one is at the keyboard' which is actually against the toss wither multiboxing or single toon.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Two things:

1. GM's are in game only. They don't participate in the forums and any questions for them should be addressed in game through the ticket system. Or you can call customer service.

2. If I were to take a guess as to why the tickets were closed, it's because multi-boxing is not a violation. In fact, the LOTRO game client has an option to allow you to run multiple clients at a single time on a single PC. So the reports weren't reporting anything that is actionable by a GM is my guess.