We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Fantastic to have you on board! I would suggest he come in some other way, as Deormod would likely not willingly associate with a sellsword. Deormod is a gung-ho, death before dishonor, rough and tumble sort. He will be the one that could care less about the scholarly aspects or the places we'll go unless it involves driving out bandits/orcs.

I could see coming in by just overhearing you in the tavern speaking of killing bandits and the potential for wealth and reward. Really the option of being able to drink something other than Moor-boar Beer is enough to peak my interest.

The proposed Hunter will not stumble into the group. I have an ongoing scheduling conflict that night with Club Eclair. Best of luck.
    Gladnagl-Elf LM, Gerbil-Hob Burg, Hamskald-Dwf Guard, Mithlind-Hum Mini, Talarka-Elf Hunt, || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

Something last-minute came up for me tonight, but if everything works out, I should still make it for 10pm Eastern (7pm Pacific) -- just wanted to let everyone know that I might be a few mins late.

I might be 10-15 minutes late as well. See you all there!
    Not all those who wander are lost...

That night, camped among the ruins of the ancient obelisk, Grifi related his story to the fellowship. He went on about how the ruins they had been visiting were all destroyed long ago by marauding giants and how the great tree that the town of Bree had been built around was sundered and its leaves had scattered to the wind in three directions.
    After a few groans and looks of disbelief from the company, he decided to change the subject to the flowers they found at the ruined altar. He pulled out the flower and began flipping through the pages of one of the newly acquired books that he borrowed from the scholar's stair library last week. "This flower came from the old forest", he said.

Okay, so I'm thinking that next week we can venture to the old forest so that we can start getting closer to barrow downs. I would like to try to get our story moving toward the great barrow so we can start doing some actual group content. I figured that we can hang around Bree-land till about level 23 and then face off against Svalfang which will be a nice ending to the Bree-land story arc and then we can move on to the next zone.

Also, I don't want this fellowship to be all about me, so I encourage everyone to start coming up with ideas on the next story arc for whatever zone we decide to go to next. I figured that we could kinda take turns with the group's direction and maybe go through each member's backstory as we progress throughout the game. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks to everyone for participating and I hope to see you all next Monday.

-Grifi
    [color=green][b]Humpo Diggins [/b][/color][color=gold] Plucker of Strings [/color] [color=olive] Smoker of Leaves [/color] Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Balnazar View Post
    That night, camped among the ruins of the ancient obelisk, Grifi related his story to the fellowship. He went on about how the ruins they had been visiting were all destroyed long ago by marauding giants and how the great tree that the town of Bree had been built around was sundered and its leaves had scattered to the wind in three directions.
    After a few groans and looks of disbelief from the company, he decided to change the subject to the flowers they found at the ruined altar. He pulled out the flower and began flipping through the pages of one of the newly acquired books that he borrowed from the scholar's stair library last week. "This flower came from the old forest", he said.

Okay, so I'm thinking that next week we can venture to the old forest so that we can start getting closer to barrow downs. I would like to try to get our story moving toward the great barrow so we can start doing some actual group content. I figured that we can hang around Bree-land till about level 23 and then face off against Svalfang which will be a nice ending to the Bree-land story arc and then we can move on to the next zone.

Also, I don't want this fellowship to be all about me, so I encourage everyone to start coming up with ideas on the next story arc for whatever zone we decide to go to next. I figured that we could kinda take turns with the group's direction and maybe go through each member's backstory as we progress throughout the game. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks to everyone for participating and I hope to see you all next Monday.

-Grifi
    Are we following the Epic Quests through and through or are we going to branch off from the Epic a few times?
    Landroval: Stamberey, Naethyl, Rimanta, Andlena

Ideally I would like to see us head toward Agamaur, and there are a couple of places in the Lonelands that would be entertaining as a lead-in to Agamaur. That being said, here are a few ideas of future areas that I see as a target:

(in no particular order)

- Great Forest / Barrow-downs is the next logical step (maybe we can cap it off with Great Barrow instances)
    - There are a number of troll-infested fellowship areas in the Trollshaws that might be worth a look
    - Annuminas
    - The deeds to unlock the "in their absence" instance cluster (this should be rather meaningful for the scholarly-types)

I'll add more later when I have more time to think/plan/scheme

Only the billows from his pipe kept the hordes of mosquitoes away while the dwarf rambled on about his giants theory. Deormod took it with a grain of salt for the most, but he had to admit that each new location seemed to fit the tale. Surely all of these ruins they had seen were destroyed by something other than time. Of course, it may just be that the dwarf excels at spinning tales. It didn't much matter to the guard, each pile of rumble looked much the same, and there were more immediate threats to worry over than the legends of giants.

He tosses another rock from under his back. Had he known they would be staying in the middle of the swamp, he would have at least packed his sleeping roll. Laying on his shield as a mat, he looked around at the group assembled. The elf, who, like most of his kin, was not the friendliest of sorts, but he seemed to show temperance with the dwarf and served as the counter-balance to endless ramblings. The dwarf, though passionate of his craft, was surely somewhat addled in his mind, but came off oddly competent. Hentsuil, the quiet warrior, and the only person thus far that Deormod felt he could trust. They had met a few times in the Pony and shared bits of information about their travels along the roads. The mysterious sellsword who proved to be deadly in battle. And the thief, who had thus far kept Deormod from sleeping, slept soundly across the way. Despite her attractiveness, she seemed a crafty sort not to be trusted, having bartered her way into the group with Hentsuil's coin purse. The group was split on whether or not to bring her along, but he and the dwarf decided that she would forfeit her limbs if she turned on them.

Deormod couldn't care less of the scholarly efforts of his new associates, but there had come some good of the journey. There were less bandits, spiders, goblins, and bears roaming the roads around Bree and that suited him just fine.

I agree with the moving to Old Forest and Barrow-downs next week. From there, a route something like:

Bree/OF/GB --> Lone-lands near Forsaken Inn (levels 22-25)--> RP a bit in Trestlebridge and journey to Esteldin since several craft guilds are based there (26-30)--> travel back across the Downs to Evendim (30-35) something will then send us back east instead and so we head to --> Lone-lands near Ost Guruth/Agamaur (30-35) -->Trollshaws (35-40) --> Rivendell

I'm trying to hit as many areas as possible, but if there are areas that people want to skip out on, that's fine. I didn't include Forochel and Angmar, but we can do them if people want to.

Do we want to incorporate the epic or not? It's been awhile since I've run them on my main on Riddermark, so I don't care either way. If we follow the epic, that will set our course for us, more or less.

We'll kin up for simplicity next session. Kinchat should all be IC, Fellowship chats can be OOC. That should make it easy for everyone to follow the story. Any suggestions for what we may call ourselves are welcome. I'll be skimming through my Tolkien companion later tonight to see if I can find anything there.

I have been thinking about a kin name for us this week and I thought we should try for something that incorporates a little of who we are but also sounds like something you would see in the lore and I thought "The Seven Stars" would be a fitting name. There are many references to the seven stars throughout the game, like the stars we saw on the dunedain crest during the first week and also there are armor sets named after the seven stars. I'm not sure what the seven stars are actually referencing in the game, but it seems to be a recurring theme. I know there are only 6 of us now, but we are 7 if we count the captain's herald, so I think it works.

I went to the clerk of kinships and bought a charter to see if it was taken yet and it was available, so as of now, I am in a kin called "The Seven Stars". If you guys are okay with that, I will invite you all to the new kin on Monday, but if you want to go another direction, I will disband and join the new kin under whatever name we decide.

-Grifi
    Last edited by Balnazar; Aug 31 2014 at 09:29 PM.
    [color=green][b]Humpo Diggins [/b][/color][color=gold] Plucker of Strings [/color] [color=olive] Smoker of Leaves [/color] Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Balnazar View Post
    There are many references to the seven stars throughout the game, like the stars we saw on the dunedain crest during the first week and also there are armor sets named after the seven stars. I'm not sure what the seven stars are actually referencing in the game, but it seems to be a recurring theme. I know there are only 6 of us now, but we are 7 if we count the captain's herald, so I think it works.
    I can answer that for you. The seven stars were part of King Elendil's emblem. He was the king of Gondor and Arnor before his death and the splitting of the two kingdoms between the heirs of his two sons, which is why you see it both in Gondor and amongst the Northern Dunedain, who are the remnants of the old North Kingdom of Arnor.

Good kinship name

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

There's a service outage in my area so I likely won't be logging on tonight. Been trying for the last hour and had to walk a couple blocks away to send this message from my phone.

So Thurinrad slipped away in the night, intending to be back before anyone noticed, but he has been delayed. Next week, we will find out why when he rejoins you wherever you are at that point. Don't let Grifi get into too much trouble without me!

Seven Stars is a great name, methinks.

Well, looks like everyone was enjoying the holiday tonight... just Goldingway and me logged on. So since we didn't get together on Monday, I guess we'll wait till next week to continue, unless you guys wanna try for a different day later this week.

-Grifi
    Last edited by Balnazar; Sep 02 2014 at 12:05 AM.

Hey guys, due to bad weather I had intermittent power outages about the time we were set to play. I couldn't get on to post until this morning at work. With my week, I will unlikely be able to play any this week, but if you guys do get together just go on without me and I'll catch up next week. Or post the day here and I'll do my best.

Otherwise, I'll see you all next week.

I have to admit, I was enjoying the holiday festivities so I apologize about that . And I would rather do it next Monday.
    Landroval: Stamberey, Naethyl, Rimanta, Andlena

Posted a thread in the Kinships forum entitled The Seven Stars. Going forward, this is where we will summarize our wanderings and plan things and such. The link is below so please disregard this thread from now on and use that one. That way we aren't cluttered up with all the initial group forming stuff.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...56#post7232556

See y'all next week!

Attempt 1 seems to have fallen through. I've rolled a burglar, Caedred, who fled Rohan under suspicious circumstances and has been working odd jobs, tinkering, and thieving to get by. He is preparing to journey homeward soon, hopefully with new companions. I've started a kin called Wayward Soldiers on Landrovel. Send Caedred a message if you might be up for joining him as he makes his way home...

See the thread in Kinships for more info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3