We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RookCauldron View Post
    So AndiraelKorvi would be the "de facto" leader of the group is your idea, right?
    That was my idea, yes. If nothing else, just to avoid us waiting to find a cappy who wants to be the leader.

Of course, it seems our problem my be solved if Muddy is joining in as he seems to indicate.

Whats the next step? I've got Deormod to level 13, hanging out in Staddle for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayRidge View Post
    That was my idea, yes. If nothing else, just to avoid us waiting to find a cappy who wants to be the leader.

Of course, it seems our problem my be solved if Muddy is joining in as he seems to indicate.

Whats the next step? I've got Deormod to level 13, hanging out in Staddle for the moment.
    Well, AndiraelKorvi said that we're starting most likely next Monday, since this Monday is a bit iffy for him. So I guess you could level your other characters on other servers?
    Landroval: Stamberey, Naethyl, Rimanta, Andlena

I could be a de factor leader, I suppose.

Unless Muddy is game. As long as we're all in the Pony at the same time, we can get something going. My outline was just meant to be a starting place and is flexible, so it's fine.

I like the deeding idea too. When I talk about fellowing together and such, I was mainly meaning those quests that are intended to be run in groups, like GB and such. Other quests can be picked up by individuals as they see fit, if they think it's a task their character would do. And we will form a Kin once we've started and have a name for sure. But we all need to "meet" first. Thurinrad is currently sleeping at the Pony.

I can't play tonight because I have family in town to visit. I could do Wednesday night this week, at about 7:30 PST, if people are eager to start. Otherwise, next Monday evening should be wide open for starting around 7 or so.

So I'll plan on next Monday, 7pm PST, unless everyone is able to begin on Wednesday. I'll check back here on Wednesday afternoon to confirm which day. Only Wednesday if we get a yes vote from all our starters. Otherwise, more time to contemplate your character's backstory!
    Not all those who wander are lost...

I can roll a new Hunter on Landy for you guys, and have him/her ready by this Wednesday. My Landy account is mostly with LMB, but I have already one alt who is kin-less.

Since it's easier for you all to justify a man race, I'll can go with that. However, I play elf a lot and could make elf work if the group likes that, and weave in a good back story for her (long lost sister of one of my other toons). Basically a "Friend of Man" a la the Level 14 racial trait.

PM Gladnagl here or Galdhron on Landroval.
    Last edited by Gladnagl; Aug 11 2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

I will be in game this evening from 7 cst (8 est. - 6 pst.) for 1-2 hr's to work on crafting . Server: Landroval , static kin name : Seeker, Lvl 12 Capt. Erikdor. At least start getting the interested grouped up in game.
    I don't think we'll be ready wed's. to start . Mon. is possible. Depends as always in the details. At least kinned up we'll be able to correspond details easily. This is only a static kin/group until details are decided. Then it will be disband or like stated used as a static kin for others seeking same or similar type adventuring . People can let the kin name advertise they're actively seeking others , and the char. bio. can tell details such as available time, days , rping, or just fellowshiping. Making it easy for groups looking to fill a role to find other group minded people.

It's 8/13/13 weds. 8 pst. we have 3 people in the static kin. in the prancy pony atm. server: Landy.. static kin name is Seeker: Capt. Erikdor and other seekers can invite

I thought we'd decided not to do Wednesday? I'd have been on if I'd realized.

I'll be on Monday around 8pm PST (hopefully a bit earlier).

Our communication on the forum has died off a bit... admittedly I haven't been in game much these past few days, but are we starting tonight or we don't really know?

I'm ready tonight if everyone else is. I'll either be on as Grifi or my alt Grifur waiting to see if everyone else logs on.
    [color=green][b]Humpo Diggins [/b][/color][color=gold] Plucker of Strings [/color] [color=olive] Smoker of Leaves [/color] Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayRidge View Post
    Our communication on the forum has died off a bit... admittedly I haven't been in game much these past few days, but are we starting tonight or we don't really know?
    Yes, we are starting tonight at about 7 pm PST.

I'm scheduled for an inaugural meeting on my main (Galdhron) with Club Eclair at 8:30PM tonight, else I would be there. There might be enough time to drop in briefly for planning.

Also, for the DPS role it was suggested a Hunter, which I rolled, but I have also experimented lately with an elf Champion (Triwing), which never appealed to me before (had to master the Art of Shing-Shing to get inspired). My back stories could allow for either or both, switching off as required.

FWI, Twostep dropped out to assist Lonely Mountain Band in a new project, but Triwen (elf Hunter) is still kinned up with Seeker.
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

So, Thurinrad, Deormod, and Grifi made it. Our burglar, champion, and cappy did not. Hope you guys are able to make it next week! Monday at 7 (apologies that it was a bit later this week).

So far...

Thurinrad and Deormod made some small talk concerning the fate of Man in the Bree when Grifi showed up. Thurinrad was a bit put out by his arrival, but they proceeded to talk-- mostly arguing over giants in Bree-land and walking trees. After some continued debating beween the scholars, the trio journeyed to view an ancient Dunedain Crest in the town before Deormod was needed back at home. They have planned to meet again soon to travel south to brigand-infested Ost Baranor, though Deormod feels they will need the aid of a few other Men if they are to make it out alive.

Yes the hunter, burg and capt where here. Did you not read we made a static kin as place to get together. Stated we where at the prancy pony (atm, diffirent time zones are showing up. 4 formed into the Seeker appears 2 are EST , 2 are CST. and your PST. IDk. try again. Time zone diffirence was why I made a static kin some just aren't going to be able to adjust there schedules. This would at least give them an option they didn't have.
    The 4 here log in daily. Each were made officers so as you other's showed up you could easy at least get in group using kin format to get organized time being.

Quote Originally Posted by AndiraelKorvi View Post
    So, Thurinrad, Deormod, and Grifi made it. Our burglar, champion, and cappy did not. Hope you guys are able to make it next week! Monday at 7 (apologies that it was a bit later this week).

So far...

Thurinrad and Deormod made some small talk concerning the fate of Man in the Bree when Grifi showed up. Thurinrad was a bit put out by his arrival, but they proceeded to talk-- mostly arguing over giants in Bree-land and walking trees. After some continued debating beween the scholars, the trio journeyed to view an ancient Dunedain Crest in the town before Deormod was needed back at home. They have planned to meet again soon to travel south to brigand-infested Ost Baranor, though Deormod feels they will need the aid of a few other Men if they are to make it out alive.
    Eh, sorry about that, I was pretty occupied last night, so next week, are we meeting at the Prancing Pony again?

Quote Originally Posted by muddytrousers View Post
    Yes the hunter, burg and capt where here. Did you not read we made a static kin as place to get together. Stated we where at the prancy pony (atm, diffirent time zones are showing up. 4 formed into the Seeker appears 2 are EST , 2 are CST. and your PST. IDk. try again. Time zone diffirence was why I made a static kin some just aren't going to be able to adjust there schedules. This would at least give them an option they didn't have.
    The 4 here log in daily. Each were made officers so as you other's showed up you could easy at least get in group using kin format to get organized time being.
    No, I read that you made a static kin. I was to understand that we are doing this as a small group of people who can get together one night a week and roleplay/play the game. We agreed in the first postings that Monday's after 7/8 PST was the best time for all the parties that had signed up. I'm not opposed to joining a kin that meets the purpose, but I'm not looking to play this character daily. Only when the group agrees to get together and play... a slow roleplay/leveling club.

I don't see how forming or joining a kin is any different then saying, 'hey guys, we are planning to play Mondays after 7'. Otherwise, we have lost the point of forming this little group. Understandably, there will be times when not everyone can make it - but if someone is unable to play in that time slot at all, then this just isn't going to be the group for them to join.

Also, I will note that if you are indeed playing the Captain, we need to decide if our characters are going to be brothers or if we are going a different direction!
    Last edited by HighwayRidge; Aug 19 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Okay, I'm a little confused about this too. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a static kin. If by static you mean stationary, then I find it kind of funny that you called it seekers. I was under the impression that we would get together and rp a bit in the pony(or wherever we decide) and then go out and adventure together. Also, I might not be that familiar with the lingo, but I saw in the landroval post something about a LLF kin and I counldn't figure out what LLF means.

But anyway, for those that couldn't make it last night, here's what we got so far...

Grifi: A delusional dwarf historian that has been travelling the old ruins of Arnor doing research for a book that he is writing and is also investigating the area for signs of strange behavior that the members of his farmers guild have been gossiping about.

Thurinran: An elf scholar whose friends and family have all sailed to the west, is doing some research of his own before departing middle earth and has been tasked by the scholars guild to keep an eye on Grifi for reasons yet unkown.

Deormod: A soldier of Bree that patrols the roads and has been investigating the recent rise in bandit activity in the surrounding ruins and countryside.

Grifi is under the impression that Bree was built upon the ruins of Arnor which was destroyed by a marauding force of giants. After studying the dunedain crest located in Bree, he came to the conclusion that the town was built around a tree and was then attacked by seven tribes of giants coming down from the hills to the north that laid waste to the town and hit the tree with a giant scepter. When Thurinran and Deormod questioned him, he replied that he needed to do more research. And so, they made plans to visit the ruins of Ost Baranor together, each for reasons of his own. Deormod said he would gather more soldiers for the trip and we agreed to meet back here next week.

So I was thinking, if we can get the champion and the captain on next week they could be the soldiers that Deormod musters. But, I think it would be more fitting if we ran into the burglar at the ruins. He could play a bandit that decides to give up his bandit ways and join us for whatever reason he decides. Or just be there trying to burgle something from the bandits. As for the hunter(s) running into them in the wild still seems the most natural approach. I was thinking if it's an elf, maybe you know Thurinran and if it's a human maybe you are a ranger from the north.

Feel free to add anything that I may have got wrong or forgot.

Hope to see you all next week.
    Last edited by Balnazar; Aug 19 2014 at 11:47 AM.
    [color=green][b]Humpo Diggins [/b][/color][color=gold] Plucker of Strings [/color] [color=olive] Smoker of Leaves [/color] Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by muddytrousers View Post
    Yes, I read that. No need to be snarky. I guess I didn't understand what you meant by static kin. I expected you all to show up at the predetermined time and figured we'd all kin up for simplicity's sake. But now it sounds like you are doing something altogether different than what this was meant to be-- it sounds like you are making it into just another RP kin. We are looking to form a small group that only plays once a week, together. So that we can level through the game together. So if the people already in "seekers" play daily on that character, they will level way faster than the rest. I wasn't aiming to be solely an RP group, but an RP with fellowing together and working through the game as a team, on level. If you want to play the toon constantly, unless you're prepared to use level disablers every week, it won't work. I don't want a toon that's much higher than the rest just running through instances killing everything easy.

The time agreed upon is Mondays at 7/8 Pacific Standard Time. So if that time doesn't work for you in general, then this group probably won't work out for you. It's assumed that things will come up and people won't always be able to make it, the real world exists after all.

I'm sure Seekers will be fun as well and wish you all the best. Those who join who are still interested in our small, as-yet-unnamed group, please post here so I can get an idea of who is still in and those who are going Seekers direction instead.

Yes, I read that. No need to be snarky. I guess I didn't understand what you meant by static kin. I expected you all to show up at the predetermined time and figured we'd all kin up for simplicity's sake. But now it sounds like you are doing something altogether different than what this was meant to be-- it sounds like you are making it into just another RP kin. We are looking to form a small group that only plays once a week, together. So that we can level through the game together. So if the people already in "seekers" play daily on that character, they will level way faster than the rest. I wasn't aiming to be solely an RP group, but an RP with fellowing together and working through the game as a team, on level. If you want to play the toon constantly, unless you're prepared to use level disablers every week, it won't work. I don't want a toon that's much higher than the rest just running through instances killing everything easy.

The time agreed upon is Mondays at 7/8 Pacific Standard Time. So if that time doesn't work for you in general, then this group probably won't work out for you. It's assumed that things will come up and people won't always be able to make it, the real world exists after all.

I'm sure Seekers will be fun as well and wish you all the best. Those who join who are still interested in our small, as-yet-unnamed group, please post here so I can get an idea of who is still in and those who are going Seekers direction instead.
    I am still in on the RP group... figured you know that but just wanted to post as requested.

I'm still in the group, hopefully, nothing comes up and I can make it next Monday.

Sorry guys, I had an emergency take me this week. I should be good to go for next week.

Ill have my burg meet the group and RP my way in.

Cheers!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000001fd8/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Wow this sounds so cool shame ive got no free Character Slots more people should do this is sounds awsome !!
    “If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. ” - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Ok, so we've still got our LM, Guard, Mini, Burg, and Champ, which is a solid enough starting group. We may or may not have a hunter.

Presumably the Champ can be the help Deormod finds to journey to Ost Baranor with us and the burg can meet up with us randomly in Bree or at OB, wherever he'd like. I think we're meeting up at the south gate, but we could meet at the Pony or anywhere else as well.

Once we get all of us sorted out and RP our way to a kin name, we will form one and I'll start a new thread, where I will write out what transpires after each session so that anyone who misses a week can get a summary of what they missed before joining up the following week. Until then, this thread is still the main communication as some of us do not log in at all between Monday sessions and so would not receive any mail in game until it's too late. Mail can be sent to other, more frequently played toons (Andirael on Riddermark in my case), if need be, but here is probably the most effective for now.

Again, to be clear to everyone, the main intention here is that we play these characters once a week together. I'd like us to all stay within 5 levels of each other, or so, if possible. If you log on at other times, please only do so if you are RPing (and not questing/leveling) or crafting (which you can level some too, but not too much so it doesn't matter-- especially if you're making stuff for the kin

If you miss a week and want to level a bit to catch up, that's cool. Base it on whatever area we've ended (as mentioned in the summary posts), since that is where we'll be resuming the next week. I assume we'll be in Bree-land for the next 2-3 sessions.

Deormod (guard)
    Grifi (minstrel/scholar)
    Thurinrad (lm/scholar/weaponsmith)
    Fyma (burg/jeweller)
    Hentsuil (champ/armourer)

See you in game Monday at 7!

Hi there, I really like the idea you have here. I was in a slow-leveling group of 3 in the past, but the other 2 decided to take a break for a year or so. I do have a lvl 10 or 11 Captain on Landroval - don't remember his name right now as I haven't been on the server in a while (pretty sure he has the word "gold" in his name somewhere)... Anyway, If you have use of a Captain, here is what I was thinking:

Captain grew over-confident with a string of successes in some smaller skirmishes and minor battles. When it came time for a major challenge, the Captain realized he was in over his head and deserted his company and ran. His shame was so great that he turned to alcohol and ran from everyone and everything. He has been operating as a sell-sword ever since and is looking for an opportunity to redeem himself. To this day, he does not want anyone to know that he is a captain, he's just a blade for hire - he will need a few good friends to be able to return to glory and the great potential that many have seen in him in the past.

Let me know if that works for you. If so, I'll see you on Monday.

That sounds great. So scratch the previous Cappy role and replace with that one. You can either be a friend of Deormod's or Hentsuil's whose help he enlists in our trip over to OB or maybe you're acquainted with the Burg and join up through him?

So unless Hentsuil wants to be Deormod's brother, we'll just give up that angle. It was just an easy way to establish a connection between some of the characters before the group formed and isn't essential.

Also, as a note to everyone, craftwise, we'll have some use for a woodworker if anyone is interested that hasn't already picked a craft. We're all low level enough at the moment that weapons received from quests are good enough, so it's no rush on any craft, but just a thought.

Funny thing about that is that I checked my Cappy last night and went with Forester/Woodworker. His name is "Goldingway" - supposed to be a fictional surname he chose so that he could take on a new life away from scrutiny. The idea is that his former name was so infamous that nobody will give that name to their children for many generations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast