We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Official: Summer Time Events (Tentative)

We've been working on a tentative schedule for all of our weekend events, festival happenings, and other goings on around LOTRO. I thought I'd take a moment to share it with you so you'll have some idea of what is coming and when.

Please keep in mind all of these dates should be considered tentative and they may slip and slide around to accommodate other things, and it should not be considered all inclusive as we may add additional events or dates.

July
    • 3 - 5 : Hobnanigans
    • 22 – August 5 : 25% Summer festival

August
    • 7-9 : 25% Hobnanigans
    • 14-16 : Buried Treasure
    • 21-23 : Lootbox Weekend
    • 28 – 30 : 25% Skirmish Mark Boost
    Last edited by Frelorn; Jul 13 2015 at 10:39 AM.

So very helpful to have a calendar, even if dates are subject to change. Thank you!
    Chief of the all-hobbits Landroval kinship, [url=http://concerninghobbits.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1477267] Concerning Hobbits.[/url]
    Level 100 Minstrel--Rozalinde
    [url=http://tweaklotro.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/mother-hens-chicken-guide/]Mother Hen[/url] and [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?548289-A-Chicken-s-Adventures-EAST-of-the-Misties]Aficionado of Chicken Adventures[/url]

Yay! Lootbox weekend every month! Thank you! Wish Buried Treasure was more often, but then people might be bored with it. But thank you so much for the schedule!
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

This is very helpful. Thank you

Are there any significant changes for the Summer Festival? It is, in my opinion, the weakest of LOTRO's festivals, and could do with a bit of an update.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Thanks for doing this Rick, it's a great help

It was me who was worried about the Summer festival. As it stands it looks like I get some time from Tuesday 22nd July - Thursday 24 July. Not sure what time I am home on the Friday 8th August. Any chance you could push the end date to after the weekend of 9-10th August? Sorry to be cheeky, just means I'll get one weekend with the festival after my trip away

The nice thing so far is September - The Hobbit's birthday and the Tale of the Shipwreck mariner, all the week before I do some Tolkien themed stuff in Birmingham

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Ranatuor_Erutron; Jul 07 2014 at 06:23 PM.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

Thank you! This is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We've been working on a tentative schedule for all of our weekend events, festival happenings, and other goings on around LOTRO. I thought I'd take a moment to share it with you so you'll have some idea of what is coming and when.

Please keep in mind all of these dates should be considered tentative and they may slip and slide around to accommodate other things, and it should not be considered all inclusive as we may add additional events or dates.

July
    • 11 - 13 : Lootbox Weekend
    • 18 – 20 : 25% Mark Acquisition Boost
    • 22 – August 8 : Summer Festival

August
    • 8-10 : Hobnanigans
    • 15-17 : LootBox Weekend
    • 22-24 : Buried Treasure
    • 27 – September 1 : 100% Bonus XP

September
    • 2 -16 : Farmer’s Faire
    • 5-7 : Hobnanigans
    • 16-24 : Bilbo’s Birthday
    • 19 – 21 : Tale of the Shipwreck mariner
    • 26-28 : Lootbox Weekend
    I very much appreciate this schedule. I know if dates change there will be similar postings to let us know, so having a general idea of when things may pop up is helpful...if I'm playing here and not in Tamriel, of course.

Thumbs up

Thanks Sapience
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

I kindof wish Sapience and Quartermaster would just make a public GCal that we can keep synced to our outlook/gcalendars/iPhones etc...
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I kindof wish Sapience and Quartermaster would just make a public GCal that we can keep synced to our outlook/gcalendars/iPhones etc...
    I second that.
    Star-Man_1976
    Now on every server. (That are a public LotRO-server run by Turbine.) All 29 of them, and sometimes also on Bullroarer.
    Will still be on every server, just less of them. From the closing 10 US-servers, I will move the characters to Arkenstone and Gladden. From closing EU-servers, German characters to Gwaihir, French to Sirannon, and English to Evernight.
    Where is my "Dead Hobbits Society" title?

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for the schedule, means there's more to look forward to already in the very near future and not "only" U14 *happy dance*

Is there any chance to add the smaller happenings (like Hobnanigans and Lootbox weekends) to the official community calendar? I know it's all subject to change, but it might be easier for peeps to find out what's going on without having to search through forums

Thank you again, and yay! Two festivals coming up
    Evernight
    Isquariel ~ lvl 100 Rune-keeper / Ithilwen ~ lvl 100 Minstrel
    Megilieth ~ lvl 100 Champion / Wyn ~ lvl 100 Guardian

Oooh, fancy! Good idea!
    Chief of the all-hobbits Landroval kinship, [url=http://concerninghobbits.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1477267] Concerning Hobbits.[/url]
    Level 100 Minstrel--Rozalinde
    [url=http://tweaklotro.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/mother-hens-chicken-guide/]Mother Hen[/url] and [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?548289-A-Chicken-s-Adventures-EAST-of-the-Misties]Aficionado of Chicken Adventures[/url]

It's a good idea but... there are some serious privacy issues with this that Turbine would have to workout.

Some may remember when we had the lorebook and we had a backend api. That api was used by 3d party sites for lots of things, especially guild-kin sites and held information about toons and alts. There was a site called Alt-finder that would show you all the alts on an account, renames, servers played on and alt stats. Some players found that to be very much an invasion of privacy.

Using Google or other sites like Facebook, which tracks anyone touching the site, would have to be disclosed and something inserted to prevent similar data harvesting which is far more sophisticated than the old backend api.

There is a Calendar on the forums that is more protected and easily accessed.

Of course anyone could just transcribe the information and put it on their own calendar app. That maybe how 3d party sites do it now, scrape the data directly and embed it into another app.

Players going to Facebook, twitter and twitch.tv pretty much know that their whole lives are being harvested so it might not be a big deal but it would expose Turbine's entire player base to harvesting and of course that data once in the hands of Facebook, Google, Twitter, Twitch.tv is sold to their competitors.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

July
    • 11 - 13 : Lootbox Weekend
    • 18 – 20 : 25% Mark Acquisition Boost
    • 22 – August 8 : Summer Festival

August
    • 8-10 : 25% Mark Acquisition Boost
    • 15-17 : LootBox Weekend
    • 22-24 : Buried Treasure
    • 28 – September 30th : 25% Bonus XP

September
    • 2 -16 : Farmer’s Faire
    • 5-7 : Hobnanigans
    • 16-24 : Bilbo’s Birthday
    • 19 – 21 : Tale of the Shipwreck mariner
    • 26-28 : Lootbox Weekend
    I just want to express that I am very disappointed that you changed the Welcome back weekend experience bonus to a mere 25% instead of the initial 100%. Some of us were actually looking forward to this, to boost some alts and so on. Or to do serious questing/skirmishing sessions. 25% bonus is just not a big deal, many of us already have that with the use of tokens. It's a very big difference between spending 12 hours in game and getting 100% bonus to needing to spend 48 hours for the equivalent at only 25% bonus experience.

Why was the decision made to change this? Honestly now I have lost all of my enthusiasm for this. Many of us have already been playing this game for years, how many more hours of grinding do you want us to put in? I thought, hey, great, 100% bonus, I can spend the weekend playing and gain some levels for my alts. Psshhh...not anymore.
    Last edited by Caernach; Aug 27 2014 at 05:57 PM.

I have to agree. 25% is not even worth logging in for. I had planned on leveling 4 alts this weekend. But oh well, hopefully Turbine will re-consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Caernach View Post
    I just want to express that I am very disappointed that you changed the Welcome back weekend experience bonus to a mere 25% instead of the initial 100%. Some of us were actually looking forward to this, to boost some alts and so on. Or to do serious questing/skirmishing sessions. 25% bonus is just not a big deal, many of us already have that with the use of tokens. It's a very big difference between spending 12 hours in game and getting 100% bonus to needing to spend 48 hours for the equivalent at only 25% bonus experience.

Why was the decision made to change this? Honestly now I have lost all of my enthusiasm for this. Many of us have already been playing this game for years, how many more hours of grinding do you want us to put in? I thought, hey, great, 100% bonus, I can spend the weekend playing and gain some levels for my alts. Psshhh...not anymore.
    I have to agree. If it is only going to be 25% that is not worth my time trying to get some levels for my alts. I will just stick to logging in for 5 to 10 minutes and using that pitiful little vip blue bar up.

EDIT

Looks like they may have changed it back to 100%. Guess we will find out.
    Last edited by Lord_Fear; Aug 27 2014 at 10:47 PM.

Turbine please make it 100 percent!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Fear View Post
    I have to agree. If it is only going to be 25% that is not worth my time trying to get some levels for my alts. I will just stick to logging in for 5 to 10 minutes and using that pitiful little vip blue bar up.

EDIT

Looks like they may have changed it back to 100%. Guess we will find out.
    Hope you are right Lord Fear! 25 per cent really is not worth logging on for. I need to level 5 alts myself and I was looking forward to this event the most out of the entire calender list. Turbine please change it back to 100 per cent. I thought the whole point of offering something like this was to get more people to play the game!!!

Make up your bloody mind.. 27th, 28th not 29th ffs.

I would like to say that I am very happy about there being an official announcement for events, and that there are enough mini-events to put up something every weekend in rotation. Thanks whoever is responsible.