We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Instance Cluster Developer Diary

Check out some of the thoughts that went into our latest Instance Cluster from Senior Designer Ben "DrOctothorpe" Schneider. You can read about it here.

That's really great
    We are all very grateful that you have decided to make classic instances again. Great work Lotro is moving in the right direction again.
    Now let's just hope that the new PvP map will definitely happen!
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

Nice. Well written.
    Can we also expect a "Dev Diary" concerning the LI changes for today?

This is an excellent dev diary

While I'm not entirely sure about the loot system (one t6 relic and bounty per group? or Morgul Crests being bound to character on acquire?), or the marks/meds rewards (considerably lower than Sambrog, or any BB side quest), the fact that you're aiming towards providing a challenge (and from what I've seen on Bullroarer, this aim is being fulfilled) is wonderful - lets hope the loot system can be sorted next
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Sounds really awesome!
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    Nice. Well written.
    Not today, but we do have one coming this week.

"We think you'll want some of those--for the next good challenge coming up the road."

This is such a tease. You know exactly what many of us have been looking for since Orthanc, and how we were disappointed it wasn't included in this cluster. Really excited to work on the upcoming challenges, but this tease - this is just mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Check out some of the thoughts that went into our latest Instance Cluster from Senior Designer Ben "DrOctothorpe" Schneider. You can read about it here.
    This is really important. During the last U16b5 beta build a number of us started realizing a major problem with Morgul Crests and started discussing and throwing around ideas on how to fix the situation.

Here is the thread https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Morgul-Crests

Have the problems we found been address we see no evidence of that within the Dev Diary!

I will say this again from what I've seen of the instances I really like them please fix the problems with Morgul Crests!

Morgul Crests will be bound to account, not on acquire. We don't always have time to respond, but we try hard to read all feedback!

Thanks for listening to the players, and the communication, as you know it's always appreciated.

Now if you can just reduce the meds/marks costs for the empowerment scrolls or boost the med/mark acquisition rate from instances other then sammy !
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Morgul Crests will be bound to account, not on acquire. We don't always have time to respond, but we try hard to read all feedback!
    Thanks for that piece of information.

But what about these other issues.

• It costs 20 Crests per Armour Piece.
    • Only 3 Crests were dropping from the 3 man chests and they were Rolled on only.
    • It can take between 8 and 20 runs for a dedicated group of people to earn enough tokens for a single piece.
    • If those same people stuck with it it would take 120 runs to earn enough tokens for a full set of gear.
    • This grind is actually worse than the original Radiance Grind when we had to get a single token from each instance. Needing 20 Crests instead of 5ish Crests makes this a grind people will ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Thanks for that piece of information.

But what about these other issues.

• It costs 20 Crests per Armour Piece.
    • Only 3 Crests were dropping from the 3 man chests and they were Rolled on only.
    • It can take between 8 and 20 runs for a dedicated group of people to earn enough tokens for a single piece.
    • If those same people stuck with it it would take 120 runs to earn enough tokens for a full set of gear.
    • This grind is actually worse than the original Radiance Grind when we had to get a single token from each instance. Needing 20 Crests instead of 5ish Crests makes this a grind people will ignore.
    Just think, you get to run it another 240 times for THEIR gear next! Super good fun

./sarcasm off
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well done, returning loot to a version of what it used to be, very happy to see this!!
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Just think, you get to run it another 240 times for THEIR gear next! Super good fun

./sarcasm off
    Sounds like we can expect situations like these:

While this is one of a few changes that still need to be made to the looting system for these new instances (marks and meds from instances, nothing but a bounty/1 relic per group, per boss), its a very welcome start, so thank you for this
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Thank you! Very welcome news.
    Hromgar, Captain
    Wardens of Numenor, Landroval

The main complaint was the drop rate, not being bound, just one exacerbated the other...

Well, I guess we'll see.

I'm curious how long this, you need to do T2CM to get the latest armor thing, will fly.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
    This post is the first real ray of light for years, we have had to put up with being told Raids and instances were not wanted by most and the game was being forced down the ultra casual route which seemed to it's doom. Thank you so much for listening and I believe this is a step towards bringing back many of those who left us.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinderhannes View Post
    Nice. Well written.
    This isn't a Dev Diary but I have been putting together an Imbued LI Guide over in the Player Created Guides Section. It is about as complete as I can get it at the moment. I'm still missing Mithril Costs, a Legacy lists for some of the classes and a finalized version of the Legacy Changes List.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ry-Items-Guide

Great dev diary, nice work Dr Oc. From the little I've seen on Bullroarer I'm really looking forward to U16, particularly the new instances. Also nice to see the obvious enthusiasm among the dev team. Hopefully the loot drops. grind, etc will all be tuned perfectly Keep up the good work.
    Galedlen/Rud/Aerval/Erenric et al of Landroval

Thank you. Maybe there is hope you heard us on the Barter drop rate, number needed per item, cost of scrolls etc...
    Member of the Vocal Minority

This has me very excited for the new instances, except for one thing...The DAMNED RNG! Of which I have bad luck. Please do something about the RNG, making it more even, and not like Vegas where the house wins most of the time. I don't want to finish the instances and click on the chest only to be sorely disappointed! I would hope that the spoils would be evenly awarded as it is equally earned.
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!

Officer - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Beltharas View Post
    "We think you'll want some of those--for the next good challenge coming up the road."

This is such a tease. You know exactly what many of us have been looking for since Orthanc, and how we were disappointed it wasn't included in this cluster. Really excited to work on the upcoming challenges, but this tease - this is just mean.
    This is exactly what I was going to write.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

So to all of you who like a challenge, here's one for you. Bring your Guardians, Champions, Rune-Keepers, Minstrels, Beornings....
    Sorry Burglars, Hunters, Loremasters and Wardens... your kind aren't welcome here :P
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by q945 View Post
    Sorry Burglars, Hunters, Loremasters and Wardens... your kind aren't welcome here :P
    And apparently captains never left pelargir :P
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast