We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Official: Spring/Early Summer Events schedule (Tentative)

April

• 2-5 Hobnanigans
    • 10-12 25% Skirmish Marks
    • 15-28 8th Anniversary

May

• 1-3 Hobnanigans

June

• 1-10 Hobnanigans
    • 9-23 Spring Festival (New Date)
    • 12-18 Lootbox week
    • 19-21 25% XP Boost
    • 26-28 25% Crafting boost
    Last edited by Frelorn; May 19 2015 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks for the info, Frelorn!

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    June

• 1-10 Hobnanigans
    • 12-18 Lootbox week
    • 19-21 25% XP Boost
    Is that really supposed to be 10 Days of Hobnanigans in June?
    Silverlode Server

Quote Originally Posted by wbhz View Post
    Is that really supposed to be 10 Days of Hobnanigans in June?
    I've seen a request to have Hobnanigans run longer. This may be a trial of that. If they do have it run that long, they do need to change the pop up mechanic to something more palatable to those who do not want to participate.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

April
    • 2-5 Hobnanigans
    • 10-12 25% Skirmish Marks
    • 14-28 8th Anniversary

May
    • 1-3 Hobnanigans
    • 20-June 3 Spring Festival

June
    • 1-10 Hobnanigans
    • 12-18 Lootbox week
    • 19-21 25% XP Boost
    thanks! Excited about Anniversary and spring festival....my favs aside from the treasure hunt

Lothhil, BW

Thank you kind sir! This helps a lot
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    i've seen a request to have hobnanigans run longer. This may be a trial of that. If they do have it run that long, they do need to change the pop up mechanic to something more palatable to those who do not want to participate.
    oh yes this!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen a request to have Hobnanigans run longer. This may be a trial of that. If they do have it run that long, they do need to change the pop up mechanic to something more palatable to those who do not want to participate.
    Oh gah, I didn't even think about that. That's going to be a bad week if not.

Frelorn, do you know if the maps are still spammy or have they been changed to once per festival or once per day, or anything fewer than once per login + once per level up?
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Boo, no treasure hunt
    "This is most unexpected, though perhaps not quite as surprising as it might have been."

I second that!
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!

Officer and, yet Blamed! - Seekers of The Silmarils - Arkenstone

Festivals are coming!!!

Thank you for the new tentative schedule Frelorn!!!! Looking forward to the festivals as always. Any chance for some new events in the festivals this year? Also I would love more interior home decorations as prizes. Hobnangians needs to be tweaked a bit to get more people to play. Perhaps Turbine points??? Also people should not benefit from the game if they just stand around with the stick in the field. This is utterly unfair to those of us who want to play this game.

• 20-June 3 Spring Festival
    I never understand why this festival is planned so late in the years. Do you know that the beginning date of Spring is the 21 Mars?

... and the Summer Solstice isn't until June 21st, placing the Spring Festival solidly in, well, Spring.

Hmm nice 8th Anniversary in about 3 weeks,good to know thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xstaff View Post
    I never understand why this festival is planned so late in the years. Do you know that the beginning date of Spring is the 21 Mars?
    Except for those places where it doesn't. Southern hemisphere comes to mind, but even disregarding that, 21 Mars is hardly universally considered the start of spring.

Where I live the official start of Spring actually varies from year to year and depends on average temperatures and such. More informally spring is generally considered to consist of the months Mars, April, and May.
    (And summer is June, July, and August, and so on.)

Thanks for the tentative schedule!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by xstaff View Post
    They use to have it in March then for whatever reason moved it to May. I would rather it be in March. Having it in May then there just seems to many festivals close together.

It's still winter in some places right now! The equinox is just a date :P
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

No doubt, it pretty much is winter all the time where I live, as I think about the garden. The average date of the last frost is June 13, and the average date of the first frost is September 21 in my town (and those are just averages), making the growing season more of a joke than a season.

Thank you very much for the info! It's wonderful that you announce things like this now! :-)

But I'm a bit sad about the buried treasure event beeing so rare...This time no buried treasure at all...But we got Anniversary and Spring - yes Sir! :-)
    I'd love BT every second month or so. That'd be great... ;-)

How about a 100% XP bonus again sometime. This 25% stuff is a joke when we've had so much better before, and it's been way too long since the last one.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

I got so CLOSE to my Harvest-Brew Goat last treasure hunt, and now I'm being denied my goat for at least 3 more months? *Sniff*
    Last edited by Gillthalion; Mar 30 2015 at 09:02 PM.

Like, having it pop up *once* and no more.

Actually, I noted a while back that when the Treasure
    Hunt thing popped up, we could accept it, get a few xp
    and a map, and vendor the map ... and never see the
    thing again. Can that be done with the [adjectival]
    Hobnanigans quest now? If not, could it be implemented,
    as quickly as possible?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

No Treasure hunt? *Cue Sad Music* ...Couldn't you just.... Stick it in there in May or something? No? ...Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Bregolass View Post
    No Treasure hunt? *Cue Sad Music* ...Couldn't you just.... Stick it in there in May or something? No? ...Okay...
    I was wondering this myself... at 3 month intervals, that would be May. PLEEEEEEEASE! I need another goat for moria and this is so much more fun than just buying one.
    I dont make plans for the day because then the word *premeditated* gets thrown around in the courtroom.
    [img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5943223hZxRA.png[/img]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast