We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Official: Summer Time Events (Tentative)

We've been working on a tentative schedule for all of our weekend events, festival happenings, and other goings on around LOTRO. I thought I'd take a moment to share it with you so you'll have some idea of what is coming and when.

Please keep in mind all of these dates should be considered tentative and they may slip and slide around to accommodate other things, and it should not be considered all inclusive as we may add additional events or dates.

July
    • 3 - 5 : Hobnanigans
    • 22 – August 5 : 25% Summer festival

August
    • 7-9 : 25% Hobnanigans
    • 14-16 : Buried Treasure
    • 21-23 : Lootbox Weekend
    • 28 – 30 : 25% Skirmish Mark Boost
    Last edited by Frelorn; Jul 13 2015 at 09:39 AM.

So very helpful to have a calendar, even if dates are subject to change. Thank you!
    Chief of the all-hobbits Landroval kinship, [url=http://concerninghobbits.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1477267] Concerning Hobbits.[/url]
    Level 100 Minstrel--Rozalinde
    [url=http://tweaklotro.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/mother-hens-chicken-guide/]Mother Hen[/url] and [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?548289-A-Chicken-s-Adventures-EAST-of-the-Misties]Aficionado of Chicken Adventures[/url]

Yay! Lootbox weekend every month! Thank you! Wish Buried Treasure was more often, but then people might be bored with it. But thank you so much for the schedule!
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

This is very helpful. Thank you

Are there any significant changes for the Summer Festival? It is, in my opinion, the weakest of LOTRO's festivals, and could do with a bit of an update.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Thanks for doing this Rick, it's a great help

It was me who was worried about the Summer festival. As it stands it looks like I get some time from Tuesday 22nd July - Thursday 24 July. Not sure what time I am home on the Friday 8th August. Any chance you could push the end date to after the weekend of 9-10th August? Sorry to be cheeky, just means I'll get one weekend with the festival after my trip away

The nice thing so far is September - The Hobbit's birthday and the Tale of the Shipwreck mariner, all the week before I do some Tolkien themed stuff in Birmingham

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Ranatuor_Erutron; Jul 07 2014 at 05:23 PM.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

Thank you! This is very helpful.

Smile Thank you so much!

Thank you so much. This type of calender is so useful and helps me plan my time in Middle Earth. I am now looking forward to the next festival! Thanks again for taking some time to let us know what is coming up. Can this type of calender be a regular thing?

Thank you for the info.

*not-so-secretly hopes musical crackers come back for the birthdays*
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 20 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August is our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

Awesome so glad we have posted this .
    Withywindle Freeps Rildok R8 LM, Meglatron R7 capt, Eldalorm R6 RK, Rildoc R7 Warden, Meglathan R5 Hunter, Rildock R5 Mini, Megolopops R5 Champ, Megaflop R5 Burg, Megasorearse Guard, Meglabear Beorn.

that bright star in the constelation of Vela
    WOW, great news Sapience!
    Could you perhaps do this on a monthly/quarterly basis as an ongoing callendar? It will be fantastic if we knew in advance what event were taking place on what dates.

Some work places require 1 months notice if you want to book a day or two off from work and if we had advance notice of these events, then we could book days off to fit in with the events we wanted to do.
    So it would be nice if we always knew at least 5 to 6 weeks ahead of time what events were going to take place. Yes I know they are on a weekend, so before people start replying saying the events happen on a weekend so why do you need to book days off, just remember that some peolple do work on the weekends as part of their shifts or per contract. And for those that don't work on the weekends, they can at least arrange NOT to book a weekend away which may clash with the events weekend. So either way, this will suit both players who work or don't work on the weekends and it really would be great if we could know in advance about these events.
    MOORS: HUNTER R11, WARG R9
    BE NOT FEARFUL OF DEATH FOR IT WILL LEAD YOU TO AN EVEN GREATER ADVENTURE,
    AS LIFE IT SELF IS A JOURNEY TO DEATH AND ONE WHICH WE MUST ALL TAKE.... LIVE GOOD, FIGHT HARD, DIE WELL.

Now this is a very positive development and thank you. I personally dislike having to drop everything to take advantage of random events. Now I can actually plan ahead and even skip an event here and there because I know it will come back around in a month or two.

Thank you for doing this. This will help not only for personal schedules but for planning kin and server events! This is a great idea.
    [URL=http://s988.photobucket.com/user/dyancleme/media/UseThisSignature_zpsb13769ec.jpg.html][IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/dyancleme/UseThisSignature_zpsb13769ec.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Ranatuor_Erutron View Post
    Thanks for doing this Rick, it's a great help

It was me who was worried about the Summer festival. As it stands it looks like I get some time from Tuesday 22nd July - Thursday 24 July. Not sure what time I am home on the Friday 8th August. Any chance you could push the end date to after the weekend of 9-10th August? Sorry to be cheeky, just means I'll get one weekend with the festival after my trip away

The nice thing so far is September - The Hobbit's birthday and the Tale of the Shipwreck mariner, all the week before I do some Tolkien themed stuff in Birmingham

Thanks again!
    It's already a pretty long festival so I don't think it's likely to be extended, but never say never. I just wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconbeast View Post
    WOW, great news Sapience!
    Could you perhaps do this on a monthly/quarterly basis as an ongoing callendar? It will be fantastic if we knew in advance what event were taking place on what dates.

Some work places require 1 months notice if you want to book a day or two off from work and if we had advance notice of these events, then we could book days off to fit in with the events we wanted to do.
    So it would be nice if we always knew at least 5 to 6 weeks ahead of time what events were going to take place. Yes I know they are on a weekend, so before people start replying saying the events happen on a weekend so why do you need to book days off, just remember that some peolple do work on the weekends as part of their shifts or per contract. And for those that don't work on the weekends, they can at least arrange NOT to book a weekend away which may clash with the events weekend. So either way, this will suit both players who work or don't work on the weekends and it really would be great if we could know in advance about these events.
    At certain points of the year this is easier to do than others, but I'll try to keep rolling these out as often as possible.

that bright star in the constelation of Vela
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    At certain points of the year this is easier to do than others, but I'll try to keep rolling these out as often as possible.
    Cool, thank you very much
    MOORS: HUNTER R11, WARG R9
    BE NOT FEARFUL OF DEATH FOR IT WILL LEAD YOU TO AN EVEN GREATER ADVENTURE,
    AS LIFE IT SELF IS A JOURNEY TO DEATH AND ONE WHICH WE MUST ALL TAKE.... LIVE GOOD, FIGHT HARD, DIE WELL.

I just want to add my voice to the group of those saying "Thanks for this!" For some reason, people often come to me asking this sort of info. It will be nice to be able to quickly give them these tentative dates this quarter!
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for the tentative schedule!!

I do have one question: Are you doing anything fun (and new) for Bilbo and Frodo's birthday? September 22nd is not listed on the schedule. Even if it is just something like a riddle competition on the forums. I'd hate to see it go by without any acknowledgement.
    If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.
    -George Burns

Whenever you feel sad, just remember that somewhere in this world, there's someone pulling a door that says "PUSH"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravynne View Post
    Thanks for the tentative schedule!!

I do have one question: Are you doing anything fun (and new) for Bilbo and Frodo's birthday? September 22nd is not listed on the schedule. Even if it is just something like a riddle competition on the forums. I'd hate to see it go by without any acknowledgement.
    Because we do it over a few days,

September 16-24 : Bilbo’s Birthday

Yay! Thanks for adding it to the schedule. You are the best.
    If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.
    -George Burns

Whenever you feel sad, just remember that somewhere in this world, there's someone pulling a door that says "PUSH"

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Thumbs up

Well bloody heck, and I'll be jiggered.
    Ty for the approximates, highly appreciated.

PS. On the Bilbo's Birthday event. Will the whistle/lute cracker item quests be available ever again? (They weren't in last year, and seemed to have been totally replaced with the new event stuff...)
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Wow, a schedule. It was unexpected... thanks!

Personally, "Tale of the Shipwreck mariner" may draw me back for a few.

WOOTS! Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming events! Well done and much appreciated!
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Feoh View Post
    Wow, a schedule. It was unexpected... thanks!
    That should have been the title of the thread, "An Unexpected Schedule"
    I like ice cream.

Will any special notes be made by Turbine for player run events across the servers or just left to folks who browser the player run events sub-forum? Those that actually read the forums.
    Founder, Leader - www.SonsOfNumenor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post
    Will any special notes be made by Turbine for player run events across the servers or just left to folks who browser the player run events sub-forum? Those that actually read the forums.
    This is a thread of officially scheduled events, so it's focus is on official events.

For some reason I expected to see a list of events all with a variation of "soon" next to them

so even if every one of these change it's an awesome list!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast