We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Moving game files

I can't quite remember if a thread was created for this recently, I tried searching for anything recent related to my Q and it quickly became apparent that I could spend the rest of the day trawling through this forum. Anyway...

I've taken a hiatus from the game, coming up to about 6 months now, but I've always kept the game relatively up-to-date, checking for updates every few weeks or so in the event that I decide to sit down and play this again. At the back of my mind however is the fact that I downloaded it directly to my laptop's hard-drive (via Steam) and not the external one I have been downloading most of my games library to. I've decided that it's taking up too much space, so is it just a simple case of transferring the files from one directory to another, or do I have to delete and re-install the entire lot? I shudder to think how long it would take (and how large) for a complete re-install... thanks in advance

The following assumes you are running on Windows:

There is an executable in the game's program folder, TurbineRegisterGDF.exe that creates all of the registry entries for the game. If you copy the entire program folder to a new destination, just run that executable from the new location and you should be all set.