We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Landroval Oceanic Connection - Instances - Jun 1st 10pm - 6am EST

Oceanic Group - Upcoming Hunts
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regular Hunt
    Every Sunday, 6pm AEST / 4am EST : Various instances run at level. Location will depend on turn out.
    We usually do several Helms Deep instances somewhere along the way, and have no problem taking new people through with us to get their first traits and learn the ropes.

There is an Oceanic chat channel.
    Type "/joinchannel oceanic" in chat to join.

There is an Oceanic Teamspeak channel.
    Check our webpage to get the server info! : Landroval Oceanic Connection Webpage Link

For an invite to hunts, send a tell to Klobster or Tailspin in the 30 mins before the hunt starts. You can also post a message here or send a game mail to reserve a spot in advance.
    You can also catch me on any of my other toons: Tailspin, Graceland, Looseweed, Silkon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I play from that late night time zone of Australia, New Zealand, Asia.
    Living in the Oceanic time zone and playing on a US server presents the player with a mixed bag of circumstances.

Sometimes the quiet is great. Resource nodes are always plentiful across the lands. Rare elites and masters lurk around every corner, stamping their feet in boredom as they wait for someone (Anyone!) to notice them.

And then sometimes it's not so hot. Every ten levels my characters arrive at the gates of the big instances. GB, GA, Fornost, Helegrod, Moria...
    I play for these challenges. Sadly, I will see most of them pass on by as I level away before I can put together a group big enough.

Sometimes people come forward to help out and I really do appreciate the support, but running along behind a 95 who happens to be up late... well it's just heaps better going at it with a full fellowship at level.

So I'm going to make this thread and see if it helps the situation, and hopefully a few others too.

I think most of us have kinships. I like the one I'm with, and you probably like yours too. What I'd like to put together is a circle of players, not a kinship, who play the oceanic evenings. Typically early morning in the USA.

It doesn't matter what country you are from really, as long as you are online during those hours.

We can use the friends list at first and if things take off I will set us up a more solid form of communication. Perhaps a website, or forum, or something.

Until then I'll use this thread to post news and upcoming instances.

The goal is to connect enough people to be able to put together groups and run the instances at level.

I know everything is scalable these days and I can always come back and do them when I cap, but that's just no fun.
    I love the story in this game and the adventure of the moment. If I'm helping the dwarves rebuild Moria and there's a magma monster stomping through the basement, or a giant octopus in their bathtub, I want to face there and then, while the quests blue and the story centered on it. Not 40 levels later when I can barely remember which monster is terrorizing what settlement.

So hook up with me in game.
    I'm interested in meeting you, whatever your level, class, or kinship. And as time goes on perhaps we can help introduce more and more of us to each other.

My main character most days is Klobster, but you can also find me on Tailspin, Graceland, and Looseweed.
    They are a good spread of levels, but nothing at cap yet.

You can also pop me a private message here.

Who knows maybe we will kill us a dragon someday.
    Last edited by Tallship; Aug 20 2014 at 06:41 AM.

I've been on the server for about six years. I'm on two toons the most.... Aelwir or Erkil. Level 77 and cap. Happy to try a few instances out anytime. There are more of us out there. I was in a kin called Tol Acharn full of local players but alas the kin leader instead of passing on the controls to more active players retained ownership and played other games so it's wound down in terms of players which was a pity.
    “Over the field rang his clear voice calling: ‘Death! Ride, ride to ruin and the world’s ending!”

Peralda (85 minstrel) and Peral (37 RK) are mine. Add me to your friends list. I transferred them recently. I tend to play on Landroval in the afternoons on weekends and the occasional mid to late evening. But am happy to set aside a a particular evening a week -work permitting. (My newer main is a 95 minstrel and I have a level 50 RK-both on Laurelin but the aussies I know there have gone quiet, recently, so this would be fun.)
    Last edited by Calta; May 26 2014 at 08:38 AM.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Great!

I've sent you both in game messages.
    There is also a lady from Tokyo who would like to run with us.

We should do an instance or two this week so we can meet each other in game. I'll see if I can work something out between everyone.

Let me know if you have one you want to do especially.

Klobster/Tailspin

Lets have some fun this Sunday.

I'll be around most of the day running lowbie instances and skirmishes for different levels under 95, the actual hunt will depend on the number of people/levels we have in the group at the time.

Starting from Sunday noon East coast aussie time (so about 10pm EST in the US on the saturday), and running for about 8-10 hours, with some breaks for sanity in there.

Come whenever you can basis.

Looking forward to meeting you.
    Last edited by Tallship; May 29 2014 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallship View Post
    Lets have some fun this Sunday.

I'll be around most of the day running lowbie instances and skirmishes for different levels under 95, the actual hunt will depend on the number of people/levels we have in the group at the time.

Starting from Sunday noon East coast aussie time (so about 10pm EST in the US on the saturday), and running for about 8-10 hours, with some breaks for sanity in there.

Come whenever you can basis.

Looking forward to meeting you.
    I'll be working all the afternoon but will drop in when I finish. Have fun everyone!

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Thank you everyone who came out for our first hunt on Sunday.

We did Urugarth, Carn Dum, and some smaller stuff in the evening. It was heaps of fun!

Sorry to those who we could fit in the group. I'll post again soon with some more dates and times.

If anyone has an instance they would like to run especially, let me know, also any people who would like to join our fledgling oceanic circle, pop me a message too.

Nice hunt all!

We'll be heading into Great Barrows this Friday, 7:00am EST, 8:00pm Sydney.

Levels 20-26 run. All welcome in that range.

Pop me a PM, game mail (klobster/tailspin), or other message to secure a spot.

Oh, missed seeing there was already something happening, although certainly wouldn't have been able to take part Sunday night as that's when our band played in Bree.

I think my hunter on Landy is in the range for this next event, shall see if I can make that one.
    Just want to confirm the time though? 7am servertime/EST is actually 9pm AEST/Syd.
    [URL=http://w11.zetaboards.com/No_Whole_Bard/index/][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/avalonmists3/No%20Whole%20Bard/Lass_sig2.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=#58732A]~The wind is full of a thousand voices~[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonMists View Post
    Oh, missed seeing there was already something happening, although certainly wouldn't have been able to take part Sunday night as that's when our band played in Bree.

I think my hunter on Landy is in the range for this next event, shall see if I can make that one.
    Just want to confirm the time though? 7am servertime/EST is actually 9pm AEST/Syd.
    Ah, right you are!
    I'll get this whole, world is round time zone thing worked out someday.

Great Barrows will be at 8pm AEST / 6am EST.

The Sunday instances have also been pushed back a bit, noon AEST is a bit early for most.

We'll start at 6pm AEST / 4am EST on Sunday. I'll make this one a regualr hunt each week for June and see how it goes.

Also I'll post the upcoming hunts to the OP for easy reference.

Starting our regular Sunday night hunts today. All welcome!

Gathering at 6pm AEST and playing late into the evening.

Forgotten Treasury (lvl 54-60) tonight at 8pm AEST.

We'll be running just about everything in Moria over the coming few weeks. If you have a character bound for there, now would be a great time to enter those gates.

for communications, an Oceanic channel was created in chat, years ago (we used to use it quite a bit some 5-6 yrs ago). I still automatically log onto it, just type /joinchannel oceanic in chat.

i'm currently levelling my Captain Strawberrycake (L40)
    Galadriane Champion L100 - Historian Scholar Guild ~ Herewyne Lore Master L 100 - Tinker Cook Guild
    Galanariel L65 - Armsman Tailor Guild
    ~ Estele Minstrel L65 - Woodsman Woodworker Guild and many more...
    ~Order of the Tower Guard~ LANDROVAL~

Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere2 View Post
    for communications, an Oceanic channel was created in chat, years ago (we used to use it quite a bit some 5-6 yrs ago). I still automatically log onto it, just type /joinchannel oceanic in chat.

i'm currently levelling my Captain Strawberrycake (L40)
    Hey there!

A few people have suggested a chat channel, and if there is one already established, all the better!
    I'll add this information to the OP, and set all my characters to log in every time I do.

We have some other people with characters around Lv40, perhaps a Fornost run is in order this weekend.

Thanks!

We have our regular hunting session tonight at 6pm AEST / 4am EDT.

Be sure to /joinchannel oceanic, I'll be there most of the day today.

Hoping to do several instances at level, depending on the group make up.

See you there!

I would like to offer a special Oceanic Connection room on our Teamspeak3 server for players to gather in for your runs and other LFF needs. While we do have members of our own kinship in-game during the Oceanic-Prime-Time and are happy to help what I know is a tough problem for players in your zones. Since not everybody in-game wants or needs to be in a fellowship/raid to chat, our room could be a non-grouped way for folks to meet and chat.

I'm having my provost set that up this afternoon in any case, the server information is at the bottom of our website.
    Founder, Leader - www.SonsOfNumenor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post
    I would like to offer a special Oceanic Connection room on our Teamspeak3 server for players to gather in for your runs and other LFF needs. While we do have members of our own kinship in-game during the Oceanic-Prime-Time and are happy to help what I know is a tough problem for players in your zones. Since not everybody in-game wants or needs to be in a fellowship/raid to chat, our room could be a non-grouped way for folks to meet and chat.

I'm having my provost set that up this afternoon in any case, the server information is at the bottom of our website.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post

Very kind of you.

I had never used teamspeak before today, but it was easy to set up and get working. I'll be in that channel during our sunday night run this week to get my feet wet with the program.

Glad to be of help. The room is up and running in our LOTRO section. The officers are aware folks might be haunting it in the wee hours and otherwise. I won't post the TS info here to avoid some search engines and such but it is always on the SoN website. Enjoy!

In case you need a break or when you're done with the hunting/instances this Sunday, our band No Whole Bard will be playing at the Bree stage from 8:30pm Aus Eastern time. It's our first anniversary so we'll be playing late to about 11pm, and there will be a few Aussie songs included
    [URL=http://w11.zetaboards.com/No_Whole_Bard/index/][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/avalonmists3/No%20Whole%20Bard/Lass_sig2.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=#58732A]~The wind is full of a thousand voices~[/color]

That would make a nice bit of respite indeed. Will swing on by at least once while you are playing for sure.

This Sunday is Moria Sunday for the oceanic group. We'll be kicking off around midday AEST (late Saturday night EST) and playing through into the evening doing Moria instances at level(58-65). we may throw in a few selections from Road to Erebor too.
    We'll also be on SoN's Teamspeak. I tried it out last week and it works great (thanks guys!). The info is on their website www.SonsOfNumenor.com

Info in the OP above.

Look forward to seeing anyone and everyone that would like to come for a hunt!
    Last edited by Tallship; Jul 02 2014 at 09:36 AM.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out to help our Moria Marathon yesterday.

We ended up doing a lot of different instances, including many victories, one defeat (we will exact our revenge on you yet, Mr. Squiddy Watcher), and saving a non-related pug from crashing and burning mid-instance.

Also thank you to my kinship Shadowbane for the combat support, and Sons of Numenor, for setting up and allowing us to use their teamspeak server (we had quite the crowd in there all night long!).

Looking forward to the next adventure.

- Klobster/Tailspin

I won't be able to run any instances this Sunday. My town has a festival and I'll be away all day/night helping organize that.

The SoN Teamspeak channel will be open and has been seeing a lot of traffic, so I'm sure there will be some very good people there to group with there.

Kill a dragon for me. :]

Indeed the Teamspeak has been a busy place nightly and I'm glad folks are enjoying it! I can be found in the server as Comstrike - "Benjimir" if anybody has any problems. Also, a special invitation to the Oceanic players to join the server community for Symphony of Light V in September!

We are back again this week.

We will be doing various instances from Road to Erebor, Moria, and In Their Absence. We can also run specific instances upon request.

Looking forward to hunting with you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast