We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fungo Fuzzy Leaf Pipeweed

Where do you get the seed for this? I've read that it's supposed to be available from an expert farm hand, but I'm guessing an update has changed that as I don't see it available from the Expert Farmhand in Bree or the Shire.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by mplsundin View Post
    Where do you get the seed for this? I've read that it's supposed to be available from an expert farm hand, but I'm guessing an update has changed that as I don't see it available from the Expert Farmhand in Bree or the Shire.
    Pretty sure it's a crossbreed seed, which means you'll get seeds from it randomly while growing other types of pipe-weed. of that tier.

Edit: I think you'd get it from Gold-fire fields.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Pipeweed farming was my hobby long ago, when you had to run round and find all those rare seeds out in the world. It's still a nice, relaxing hobby.
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

Quote Originally Posted by mplsundin View Post
    Where do you get the seed for this?
    Maybe a more common result from wild pipe weed crops http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...d_Field_Recipe ?

Lightbulb

Okay I finally figured this out tonight, and since this is the thread that came up when I was searching for it I'll document it here even though it's old.

-They changed pipeweed farming a few years ago, so disregard old howtos that involve making hybrids. Recipes from a given tier now simply have a chance to drop rare seeds for that tier AND THE NEXT (that last part's important)

-You'll notice all the recipes for Artisan tier and above require rare (purple) seed drops. To get to Fungo's Fuzzy Leaf or Gold-Fire Pipe Weed at Supreme Tier, you must begin at Expert tier.

-Note that you can buy soil at the vendors that give GUARANTEED CRIT on fields. I've managed to farm for a couple years now without realizing this. You want to crit on every field you plant as it ups the odds of rare seed drops.

1) Begin with the highest tier recipes you can craft with vendor-bought seeds: Old Toby, Shire Sweet-Leaf, or Sweet Galenas. I assume these three have the same rare drop chances, but do not know. Lengalenas will not work. Plant and harvest many of these fields, amassing a collection of rare seeds. Don't forget to use vendor-bought Rivendell Soil for 100% crit.

This will yield four types of rare seeds:
    Dragon's Breath, Roper's Twist (Expert Tier)
    Eagle's Nest, Gamwich Braid (Artisan Tier)

2) Now, the Eagle's Nest and Gamwich Braid are the ones you need to proceed. However, plant and harvest all four types until they're exhausted, as all four can yield another of any of these four rare seeds including themselves. When planting Eagle's Nest and Gamwich Braid (don't forget the Lórien Soil!), in addition to the four types possible in #2 you also have a chance to get Wizard's Fire seeds.

3) Now plant and harvest your Wizard's fire seeds (again with Lórien Soil). By this point you probably don't have many- I started with about 100 plantings in step 1, and after exhausting all the seeds generated in step 2 I had maybe 10 Wizard's Fire seeds to plant. The Wizard's Fire fields have a chance to drop another Wizard's Fire seed, Fungo's Fuzzy Leaf, or Gold-Fire pipeweed seeds. If you are lucky, you will get some of the latter two. If not, start over at #1.

4) Go back to your house, light a fire, down an ale and enjoy that delicious, rarefied pipeweed.

TLDR- you can get Fungo's Fuzzy Leaf seeds from fields of Wizard's Fire, Gold-Fire, Fungo's Fuzzy Weed. You can't get to the latter two without some Wizard's fire seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Slurch View Post
    Okay I finally figured this out tonight, and since this is the thread that came up when I was searching for it I'll document it here even though it's old.

-They changed pipeweed farming a few years ago, so disregard old howtos that involve making hybrids. Recipes from a given tier now simply have a chance to drop rare seeds for that tier AND THE NEXT (that last part's important)

-You'll notice all the recipes for Artisan tier and above require rare (purple) seed drops. To get to Fungo's Fuzzy Leaf or Gold-Fire Pipe Weed at Supreme Tier, you must begin at Expert tier.

-Note that you can buy soil at the vendors that give GUARANTEED CRIT on fields. I've managed to farm for a couple years now without realizing this. You want to crit on every field you plant as it ups the odds of rare seed drops.

1) Begin with the highest tier recipes you can craft with vendor-bought seeds: Old Toby, Shire Sweet-Leaf, or Sweet Galenas. I assume these three have the same rare drop chances, but do not know. Lengalenas will not work. Plant and harvest many of these fields, amassing a collection of rare seeds. Don't forget to use vendor-bought Rivendell Soil for 100% crit.

This will yield four types of rare seeds:
    Dragon's Breath, Roper's Twist (Expert Tier)
    Eagle's Nest, Gamwich Braid (Artisan Tier)

2) Now, the Eagle's Nest and Gamwich Braid are the ones you need to proceed. However, plant and harvest all four types until they're exhausted, as all four can yield another of any of these four rare seeds including themselves. When planting Eagle's Nest and Gamwich Braid (don't forget the Lórien Soil!), in addition to the four types possible in #2 you also have a chance to get Wizard's Fire seeds.

3) Now plant and harvest your Wizard's fire seeds (again with Lórien Soil). By this point you probably don't have many- I started with about 100 plantings in step 1, and after exhausting all the seeds generated in step 2 I had maybe 10 Wizard's Fire seeds to plant. The Wizard's Fire fields have a chance to drop another Wizard's Fire seed, Fungo's Fuzzy Leaf, or Gold-Fire pipeweed seeds. If you are lucky, you will get some of the latter two. If not, start over at #1.

4) Go back to your house, light a fire, down an ale and enjoy that delicious, rarefied pipeweed.

TLDR- you can get Fungo's Fuzzy Leaf seeds from fields of Wizard's Fire, Gold-Fire, Fungo's Fuzzy Weed. You can't get to the latter two without some Wizard's fire seeds.
    Thank you so much for this! I have wondered forever how to get these cross breed seeds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Just because you crit, does not mean you will get the crit seeds though. Sometimes you get shut out grrrr....

I have managed to generate at least 100 bags of every pipe weed except Fungo's and Gold-Fire. I think in all my planting I managed 4 or 5 Fungo seeds and maybe a dozen Gold Fire. It is a fun way to level Farming if you do not need crops for cooking.

I tried just about everything. Plant two or three varieties together. Try one variety. Plant in several spots before harvesting. I am convinced it is all random and no rhyme or reason. Sometimes you get Artisan, and Master seeds from Expert, sometimes the reverse. (Fungo and Gold only come from Wizard's though).

Load up on materials and have lots of inventory space!
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Just because you crit, does not mean you will get the crit seeds though. Sometimes you get shut out grrrr....

I have managed to generate at least 100 bags of every pipe weed except Fungo's and Gold-Fire. I think in all my planting I managed 4 or 5 Fungo seeds and maybe a dozen Gold Fire. It is a fun way to level Farming if you do not need crops for cooking.

I tried just about everything. Plant two or three varieties together. Try one variety. Plant in several spots before harvesting. I am convinced it is all random and no rhyme or reason. Sometimes you get Artisan, and Master seeds from Expert, sometimes the reverse. (Fungo and Gold only come from Wizard's though).

Load up on materials and have lots of inventory space!
    Yeah I suspect for all farming recipes that where you plant within a field probably doesn't matter, and fields probably don't interact with one another. It wouldn't surprise me though if certain fields yielded better odds of a seed than others since that's not very hard for game designers to accomplish.

It did cross my mind that Old Toby might be a better progenitor, since it's named after the father of pipeweed, but I won't be doing the amount of farming necessary to find a significant pattern. Probably superstition. It does seem to me that the rare breed fields themselves have a higher likelihood of rare drops. Sometimes it took a long time to whittle down a stack of the expert/artisan rare seeds, because they kept generating their own seeds. I did not complain of course as that adds to the number of tries you get at Wizard's Fire seeds.