We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Impact of Critical Strikes trait on heals

For any interested minstrels out there, I just ran a test in blue line first not traiting the red line trait critical strikes and then traiting it(all 5 ranks) to see how heals were impacted. I used bolster courage 1000 times in each build. Without critical strikes the crit % was 41.6% and with critical strikes it was 43.9%. The total healed without it was 6.642 million and the total with critical strikes was 6.879 million. The largest crit was about 200 morale more with critical strikes. No other skills were used during the parse and I'm sitting at a crit rating of 15,812 and tactical mastery of 50,075.

I'm not exactly sure what conclusions to draw from this, perhaps the sample size isn't large enough but as is it took about an hour to parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover179 View Post
    For any interested minstrels out there, I just ran a test in blue line first not traiting the red line trait critical strikes and then traiting it(all 5 ranks) to see how heals were impacted. I used bolster courage 1000 times in each build. Without critical strikes the crit % was 41.6% and with critical strikes it was 43.9%. The total healed without it was 6.642 million and the total with critical strikes was 6.879 million. The largest crit was about 200 morale more with critical strikes. No other skills were used during the parse and I'm sitting at a crit rating of 15,812 and tactical mastery of 50,075.

I'm not exactly sure what conclusions to draw from this, perhaps the sample size isn't large enough but as is it took about an hour to parse.
    1,000 BCs for each build? @_@

I would say that sample size is more than adequate

For me, an increase of ~2% is not worth it. I'd much prefer to spend my points outside of healing in the yellow line for Improved Inspire Fellows and Anthem cooldown/duration increases.

Just my thoughts!

Your sample size is more than enough. It won't be something I spend any points on and certainly not 10 points to rank it to 5. 2% is not worth it, especially when the result is underwhelming as well.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

I was also wondering if Critical strikes is worth it to get on the healing build, so thank you very much for the information.
    WOAH 50k tactical mastery?? I am currently a lvl 90 minstrel and my tactical mastery is 21k. To get it to 50k at lvl 95 would be a 30k increase in 5 levels and that sounds almost impossible xD

Using the Wilson-Score interval, we get (with a 95% confidence interval):

Crit chance without in interval: [38.58% - 44.68%]

Crit chance with in interval: [40.85% - 46.99%]

Dont know there your normal crit chance is, but from this figure we are unable to say much, as both intervals do heaviely overlap.