We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner

[VIP] Rest XP Toggle

Any change of a toggle option for the VIP daily rest experience being added with U14 or U14.1?
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Yeah i hope so, not fun to level so quickly, and no i don't want to use the XP disabler as i also like to run instances, and stats actually matter somewhat in an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagluk View Post
    Yeah i hope so, not fun to level so quickly, and no i don't want to use the XP disabler as i also like to run instances, and stats actually matter somewhat in an instance.
    I'm leveling with a friend, so I don't wanna out level him.

Well, in the meantime, I assume you have bought the Stone of the
    Tortoise?

You can equip or unequip that every day if you like, after examining
    how far you are towards next level and how long you want to stay
    at your current level (whether to keep up [or down] with a friend,
    exhaust every single quest in a region before it goes gray on you,
    or whatever would otherwise annoy you if you leveled).

Myself, I'm a lousy fighter and I play wimpy characters. I need
    every bit of level I can get. Looking forward to 100.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Tortoise?
    It's not that I need to disable my XP, that won't help.

You see, I'm leveling with a friend of mine. We're the same level. We want to keep it that way.

I see no reason as to how that item will help unless I want to disable my XP all the time. It's just not worth it,

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    It's not that I need to disable my XP, that won't help.

You see, I'm leveling with a friend of mine. We're the same level. We want to keep it that way.

I see no reason as to how that item will help unless I want to disable my XP all the time. It's just not worth it,
    It will solve your problem. Since you get double experience points as long as your VIP bonus experience points last you will get two quests ready to turn in. Put the stone on. Turn in the first quest. Take the stone off. Turn in the second quest.

The only other thing you will have to do is monitor how many crafting and mob kill experience points you get. At some point you will need to turn in two quests in a row with the stone equipped.

Once your VIP bonus is burned up for the day. You put the stone in your pack until the rest gaming day.

A less mental effort method would be to carry the stone in your inventory until you are one level higher than your buddy. Equip the stone until you are the same level again.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Any change of a toggle option for the VIP daily rest experience being added with U14 or U14.1?
    I have not seen this for U14. I've seen no mention of plans to add this, either.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I have not seen this for U14. I've seen no mention of plans to add this, either.
    Haven't seen it with U14 either... U14.1 is still a while out, so who knows!

Not a prayer in the world will ever get you a XP toggle you have to buy a XP disabler like the rest of us VIP or otherwise For almost 2 year I fought about getting the XP toggle, here there are many that want a XP toggle in general. We ask for toggle they gave us the pocket item to block XP that takes away a nice chunk of stats too but nobody can see why you would block XP and want to have 100+ stat point.

I van't say how many times I started threads over this or how many thread that other have started. You have a tiny little twist on it for rest XP but but in the end it all the same. I have not seem many posts on the XP toggle for a while I guess it because. it set in stone we will never see a xp toggle of any kind.

Look at my sig thats 2 years old LOL

YA U would love to see any kind of XP toggle but as far as I know LOTRO has said no way no how never happen this is one you can save your type on and your time

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Tortoise?

You can equip or unequip that every day if you like, after examining
    how far you are towards next level and how long you want to stay
    at your current level (whether to keep up [or down] with a friend,
    exhaust every single quest in a region before it goes gray on you,
    or whatever would otherwise annoy you if you leveled).

Myself, I'm a lousy fighter and I play wimpy characters. I need
    every bit of level I can get. Looking forward to 100.
    Ah there you are my old adversary in this matter some how when I seen this post I just new you would be here LOL !!

You should have just told him right off very very not ever going to happen on this idea

Now I am waiting to see as few other familiar names show up in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It will solve your problem. Since you get double experience points as long as your VIP bonus experience points last you will get two quests ready to turn in. Put the stone on. Turn in the first quest. Take the stone off. Turn in the second quest.

The only other thing you will have to do is monitor how many crafting and mob kill experience points you get. At some point you will need to turn in two quests in a row with the stone equipped.

Once your VIP bonus is burned up for the day. You put the stone in your pack until the rest gaming day.

A less mental effort method would be to carry the stone in your inventory until you are one level higher than your buddy. Equip the stone until you are the same level again.
    Hay Yula

Yep here another we are still missing tho old programer yet LOL

I still say we never should have had to pay 500 points to keep that extra cheez of our pizza, Plus give up 100+ stat points. Just for old times I had to throw this is ya know LOL

Give the post a few more minutes The Old Programer should show up anytime now ;--)

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Not a prayer in the world will ever get you a XP toggle you have to buy a XP disabler like the rest of us VIP or otherwise
    I don't want FULL XP toggle(Did you bother reading?) I want the Daily XP Bonus from VIP toggled off.

And...If I'm not questing to level, I'm killing mobs?(Atm I'm doing this, probably till lvl 30)

And...If I'm not questing to level, I'm killing mobs?(Atm I'm doing this, probably till lvl 30)
    Easy solution. Wear your Tortoise while killing, crafting or doing quests when your buddy is not around.

Most of my friends that got out of level sync ended up in that situation because one of the group was doing content when their buddy(s) were not online. The content they were doing was not 'once per character quests'. It might have been kill deeds, reputation, group instances, skirmishes...

Once again the easy way to keep for out leveling your buddy, is to put on the Tortoise when you are one level over your buddy. You keep the Tortoise equipped until your buddy is the same level as you. It would be perhaps be more fun to keep wearing the Tortoise until they are one level above you.

You are trying to make a Tortoise use more complicated than it has to be to justify the implementation of your suggestion to toggle off rest XP. Unfortunately, without the Tortoise you can't do anything else like your class quests, level 39 class deeds, gather reputation items, craft, kill deeds.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jul 13 2014 at 01:17 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Easy solution. Wear your Tortoise while killing, crafting or doing quests when your buddy is not around.
    I don't kill quest or craft without him... That's the point in leveling together . Still doesn't solve my rest XP issue.

I don't want FULL XP toggle(Did you bother reading?) I want the Daily XP Bonus from VIP toggled off.

Ya U see this is a old fight, they did all they ever will do about disabling. I AM NOT TRY TO BE A SMART AS. no matter what angle I tried to get any kind if toggle for xp rest, just crafting, no matter how many people wanted it it never happen not since I started on about the fact there is too much xp in the game they just won't budge. They made the xp disabler, it diables rest xp too. Sorry they are done as far as they are concerned with any kind or XP reduction toggle for any kind of XP festival.

Man do get rude with me, saying I did not read your post I am not 12 years old trolling your post, I was fighting for this for so long then U insult me. I am a 100% supporter for any kind of xp reducion you can get these folks to buy and it just never in a lifetime every going to happen. I devoted so many days hours weeks months to this cause and anything like it. and when I realized that it was hopeless I tried to get a 2nd pocket so if you had to use that stupid thing u would not have to lose the stats. I have collected a few really awesome pocket items and paid a lot of game gold to get them. and really hate to use that no stat disabler ands take off my nice item and lose a 100 to a 150 stat point.

I am not busting your oysters! I am just trying to save you from a fight you will never win. I wish I was wrong but really I tried every combination to get any kind of xp disabled. It just won't happen :-(

But ya know I guess I should just let u try Hey knock yourself out. U get I will support anything that u get that takes off even 1 xp. I will get in my birthday suite and dance they Time square during rush hour

XP disabler? Only 495 TP in the store or wait for a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    XP disabler? Only 495 TP in the store or wait for a sale.
    Once again:

I DO NOT WANT THE FULL XP TOGGLED OFF, only the VIP Rest XP

Once again:

I guess very few ppl actually need that, so theres a very little chance this will get implemented. Read the suggestions Yula_The_Mighty wrote for you, it is the best you can do.

There isn't a real reason to shout at the folks offering realistic solutions to your problems. The way I dealt with rest experience was to vote with my pocketbook and cancel my subscription. One of the main reasons I canceled was the VIP Rest XP and the lack of an on-off button. I highly doubt any of that will change, as most of the people I run into in the game have to nudge and remind me that "hey, you know you're not getting any experience for this? [confused, bulged, eyeballs]" Luckily a 75% off sale (124 TP) arrived and I bought 8 Stones of Tortoise, and I just monitor my Middle Earth partner's level and adjust accordingly.

In the end it is nothing to get upset about, it is just "The Way It Is", and we as subscribers or non-subscribers just have navigate to the best solution with what we are given.

Once again:

Cancel your VIP? No VIP, no rest XP
    Because SOA was damn site better than what we have in today's LOTRO.
    (This signature space could be yours on short term leases. Contact me for details and rates!!)

Once again:

I can read and understand without the caps thanks. :P Chill out, buy an XP disabler and stop being nit picky over something that is quite minor in light of more important concerns. Toggling off VIP Rest XP is not likely to happen. You can also stop paying for VIP you know....................

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    I can read and understand without the caps thanks. :P Chill out, buy an XP disabler and stop being nit picky over something that is quite minor in light of more important concerns. Toggling off VIP Rest XP is not likely to happen. You can also stop paying for VIP you know....................
    That was my answer already years ago stop paying for VIP its not a long term solution. I told the OP this is another thread he has about more perks for VIPS, VIP is not the answer all solutions for everyone, truthfully He could use the push to get away from it so many get hooked on VIP as a easy solution and it really not the way to play, Its a way to try out the game for a bit and get your points together to buy the game. unless you're big on Freep play then you're stuck.

I would say hes already very unhappy with VIP and just don't want to make the Move to Premium because he waited to long and has long over spent on VIP without buying the content. The LOTRO guys are not big on this types of changes. VIP is what it is and its not going to change because a few folks don't like it. Sometimes here we have to do things yourself 99% of all suggestions never happen. They are not big on using the ideas here never have been.

Since I was here, I was involved in one complaint that ever got them to react and that was when they made the emote toggle and so far to date it was the only player suggestion they ever used and they only did that because it was a relentless fighting in the forum and they did it to stop us all from fighting in the forum

It serves too few to get any attention. If they would not toggle XP as a whole there is no way they will toggle just for rest xp

It's a little weird that if you pay monthly you have to buy an item for money to lose an 'advantage' of that subscription
    Server: Snowbourn

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 100

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post

I would say hes already very unhappy with VIP and just don't want to make the Move to Premium because he waited to long
    I'm not upset with my VIP, I don't understand where you get that idea. I'm perfectly happy with everything I get, and I plan on staying VIP. I'm extremely happy with the services I've been provided, especially the new Gondor pack, it's awesome.