We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

new to the game, can you play Tower Wars like you could on the disk full game?

hey, I am new to the game and wondering can you player tower wars like you could on the BFME games?

I know the serves got shut down so obviously you can't play online anymore on the bfme games.

Also what else can you do on lord of the rings online, which you could do on the BFME games?

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lesnar14 View Post
    hey, I am new to the game and wondering can you player tower wars like you could on the BFME games?

I know the serves got shut down so obviously you can't play online anymore on the bfme games.
    BFME? PDJUAWIWTSFTY

This is Lord of the Rings Online. A Massive-Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.
    Also what else can you do on lord of the rings online, which you could do on the BFME games?
    Like I said, this is an MMORPG. You create a character, then play them as they quest through several regions and gain levels. So far, our story has gotten up to the end of the third Book with the fall of Isengard.

I can't say how similar or dissimilar it is to BFME, because I have no clue what BFME is.

battle for middle earth

battle for middle earth
    Never heard of it, nor have I ever played it. But, according to Wikipedia, it was made by EA. If you have a question about that game, ask EA.

That game has nothing to do with LotRO or Turbine, other than their source of inspiration.

Well aren't we cheerful. :P

As they've said, Battle for Middle Earth is not the same game. Lord of the Rings Online has different setups and objectives, so while you'll see some overlap, most of the gameplay is different. Hope this helps.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Never played BFME, so I will just say the major things in LOTRO

1. First and foremost, LOTRO has questing. That is doing tasks with a well written backstory and reason to do them. My personal favorite. Currently exploring Nud-Melek in Moria with a dwarf.

2. Classic Instances and raids are over the place. You go into a dangerous instance in an area with some freinds and vanquish great evils.

3. PvMP is where you go out into a map and fight against other players (one faction is from angmar and the other is made from regular players) for control of keeps and outposts, but the fun is from fighting.

4. Epic Battles are where you defend an area against a greater force. This is what they used to tell the Battle of Helms Deep, and what they are using in the future.

Anyways, it is a great game and I would reccomend that you try it.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

cheers.

Hi Lesnar,

First let me apologize for those who expressed themselves in a less than fantastic way.
    LOTRO and BFME are very different types of games.

BFME is an RTS (real time strategy) game and requires a completely different style of play and way of thinking. More overview, planning and strategic.
    LOTRO is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Role Playing Game). THis means the play style would be closer to something like Dragon Age, but in a multiplayer environment. It's more questing, long term, style of game play that isn't played out in matches as much as one long evolving story that progresses through updates, expansions, and character progression.

Hopefully that helps explain the differences a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Hi Lesnar,

First let me apologize for those who expressed themselves in a less than fantastic way.
    LOTRO and BFME are very different types of games.

BFME is an RTS (real time strategy) game and requires a completely different style of play and way of thinking. More overview, planning and strategic.
    LOTRO is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Role Playing Game). THis means the play style would be closer to something like Dragon Age, but in a multiplayer environment. It's more questing, long term, style of game play that isn't played out in matches as much as one long evolving story that progresses through updates, expansions, and character progression.

Hopefully that helps explain the differences a bit better.
    But the Epic Battles have a little RTS in them. It is like a RTS lite or a mini RTS game. So maybe the OP might like trying the Epic Battles once his character turns level 20.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

This game is a different kind of fun than BFME

But if you want to give it a try, explore it for what it has to offer, and see if it's the kind of fun you're looking for.

Most folks here are pretty nice and welcoming, so keep asking questions and we'll try to be helpful in easing any transition.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.