We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

VIP Renewal Question

If I bought the 20% 1 Year VIP, does it automatically renew (at $99.99)?

If it does, when do I have to cancel it so that it runs for the remainder of the year but does not renew? (ie. can I cancel it in the first month and still have it run for a year, or do I have to cancel it in the last month so that it does not charge me more?)

I think I read something about this offer not being automatically renewed, but I'm not sure at all.
    You won't lose any VIP time if you cancel your subscription right after the purchase. Personally I wait a few days, just to be totally save, but that's just me. If you wish you can even reactivate the renewal of the VIP offer until the day your purchased time runs out.

Just visit your account page and go to "Manage Subscriptions". I think it should already tell you, if the offer is automatically renewed or not. If it ain't, just cancel it. You won't lose any time you paid for.

that bright star in the constelation of Vela
    Lat year i cancelled my VIP 3 months before it was due to run out and it was still renewed. I did get my money back after sending an email to turbine and they said it was done in error, but the next time I cancel it I will do it a couple of weeks before it is due to expire.
    MOORS: HUNTER R11, WARG R9
    BE NOT FEARFUL OF DEATH FOR IT WILL LEAD YOU TO AN EVEN GREATER ADVENTURE,
    AS LIFE IT SELF IS A JOURNEY TO DEATH AND ONE WHICH WE MUST ALL TAKE.... LIVE GOOD, FIGHT HARD, DIE WELL.

Quote Originally Posted by SjsharksBoy View Post
    If I bought the 20% 1 Year VIP, does it automatically renew (at $99.99)?

If it does, when do I have to cancel it so that it runs for the remainder of the year but does not renew? (ie. can I cancel it in the first month and still have it run for a year, or do I have to cancel it in the last month so that it does not charge me more?)
    Based on the post from QuartermasterU the VIP will auto-renew at the standard price. To stop the auto-renew you would log into your Turbine account (https://myaccount.turbine.com) and there should be a link to cancel the VIP. You should be able to cancel it any time before it renews (after the initial payment processes of course). So if the payment has been processed you can cancel it now, or wait 11 months, or do it anytime in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconbeast View Post
    Lat year i cancelled my VIP 3 months before it was due to run out and it was still renewed. I did get my money back after sending an email to turbine and they said it was done in error, but the next time I cancel it I will do it a couple of weeks before it is due to expire.
    Early last year Turbine did a major overhaul/upgrade to their back-end systems, which affects all the game servers, account systems, website, everything. This caused some unexpected issues with accounts, particularly with changes made to the account just before and after the work was done. This was an anomaly and not the norm. So if you canceled during that time then that's what happened.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."