We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sparing Etiquette

Last edited by Adingostolemybaby; Jan 20 2016 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adingostolemybaby View Post
    Heya folks,

A bit new to freep pvp and sparring in particular so wanted to ask what was ok to do and not ok to do. Mainly on rk now and ofc pots are a no no and dont use any heals or bubbles except for sustaining bolt. Is this ok to use? It can be a pretty potent heal but not using it would limit cd's a fair bit in lightning spec. Would be nice to maybe get a post of etiquette going so can know what is acceptable. Ive noticed a lot of times when close to killing a few ppl their health jumps up dramatically is this still frowned upon or is it just a free for all now and anything goes?

Another thing that would be great would be if a certain warg would stop ganking ppl coming back from the GY, I know the 'cleaning GTA' is in vogue and can be pretty funny too but surely ganking ppl on way to a 'safe spot' is a no no?
    Using everything in a spar spot is a yes yes, same as ganking everyone going to a 'safe spot' is a yes yes. Anything goes.

Attitude is everything.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Heya folks,

A bit new to freep pvp and sparring in particular so wanted to ask what was ok to do and not ok to do. Mainly on rk now and ofc pots are a no no and dont use any heals or bubbles except for sustaining bolt. Is this ok to use? It can be a pretty potent heal but not using it would limit cd's a fair bit in lightning spec. Would be nice to maybe get a post of etiquette going so can know what is acceptable. Ive noticed a lot of times when close to killing a few ppl their health jumps up dramatically is this still frowned upon or is it just a free for all now and anything goes?

Another thing that would be great would be if a certain warg would stop ganking ppl coming back from the GY, I know the 'cleaning GTA' is in vogue and can be pretty funny too but surely ganking ppl on way to a 'safe spot' is a no no?
    Generally speaking, there is no one unchangable rule of how to spar people. Mostly it is dependant on peoples' good will what they will use and what they will not in order to equalize the odds between players. However, it is appreciated if one does not use pots or gamechanging skills, but again, it is not so obvious today because certain people will need more and others will be fine with limited set of skills against a particular player. So if you look for a challenge while sparring, I would advise you to try and spar certain players several times and adjust your 'must haves' to the opponent.

I wonder what warg you're talking about!
    Personally, I do it sometimes if I see the majority of freeps spending their time at gta and when I don't feel like sparring. On the other hand, I get pretty bored of killing the same person over and over again so no worries, no 'arass, no abuse.
    Etheldar - r14 Hunter, Bloodtail - r15 Stalker, Etheal - r10 Defiler, Hailnkill - r8 Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    Using everything in a spar spot is a yes yes, same as ganking everyone going to a 'safe spot' is a yes yes. Anything goes.

Attitude is everything.
    Are macros allowed too?

Yeah, good idea, let's make Coldfells a complete safe place!
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2qx7sdx.png[/IMG]
    [B]:::[/B][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/33lk1hx.png[/IMG][B] :::[/B] ~ Arrostorm
    [B][color=green]::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- [/color] [color=blue]::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ----[/color] Snowbourn[EU][/B]

Snowbourn spar rules:Non -immune pots before in combat then stun pots then maybe root pots depends on the enemy,focus potions, healing potions , %20 mvement speed scroll from store also store pots.Welcome to snowbourn victor club mate
    Second Marshal Leganthir, Slayer of Muzzard
    Retired from Lotro PvP

safe as in free to get there so you can spar. When someone who has just been sparng a sec ago fecks off to the gy to gank you on the way back its a bit much.
    If one would go to TA, Lug gy or in the direction of the current EC, you cannot tell the difference between gTA riders and people who are going to the ''main'' action. Therefore it is nonsense to say it is a no no to leave good TA people free to their ride to the place. Besides, you go to good Ta to spar, why not have a spar on the way there?
    [B][color=green]::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- [/color] [color=blue]::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ----[/color] Snowbourn[EU][/B]

Not sure how you have arrived at a nonsence judgement, If your sparing one warg, the 'cutting' type, and then he and two others are stealthed in the water going from lug gy back to the cows I think its fair to say that its a bit of a dick move. But anyway, has some nice spars yesterday even with the notorious ganking guys there watching so there are still a few decent people on this server who dont zerg low lvl soloers and people going to spars. Looking for a challenge is sadly something that is frowned upon and I would be willing to bet my runestone on it that most of them are in fact freeps who switched when creeps got op.
    You were talking about people ganking you on the way from the graveyard, whereas you didn't specify that the same person you just fought was actually ganking you, I agree on that that it is a sad move. Yet you shouldn't really complain because after all it's an open place and there is no such thing as a 1vs1 area where group fights aren't allowed. Things like this happen and you have to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leganthir View Post
    Snowbourn spar rules:Non -immune pots before in combat then stun pots then maybe root pots depends on the enemy,focus potions, healing potions , %20 mvement speed scroll from store also store pots.Welcome to snowbourn victor club mate
    >no stun pots
    >no root pots

Now this is just silly.

What to use and what not to use depends on who you ask. Someone will say to go all-out, with no regard on the opposite player, and some will go to the extremes such as no stun/root pots, most of the 1v1ers will go with the option which is somewhere in the middle.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

Wasnt really meant to be a QQ post just hoping a bit of shame might stop people doing it but in retrospect was a bit naive. suppose just have to be careful who you spar over here.
    People who you'd like to encourage to stop what they are doing, must most likely not be following these forums.

OP may try to create a secondary free account if his/her pc can handle it , level up a freep up to level 10 if i remenber correctly and then create a reaver that can be used to chat about spar rulez with the creep you want to spar.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

and this is what happens if you do not obey

frenemies pt. 4 with Noal aka IT.

Spars

Hey

I've played on many Servers, and there was always kind of an Etiquette... but here at SB there are just a couple of people who have something like an Sparing Etiquette, most people just use all CD's against every class, no matter if the enemy is Lowrank/has a bad class for pvp/isn't that good etc. And if they fail to win against you even after using all CD's, most of them try to gank you after... I always try to get the spars as fair as possible, even if my enemy uses CD's I try to win without popping my own CD's... Just find your own way. At SB there are no Rules at GTA, and lots of People don't even respect this place as Sparing Zone...
    Greetz
    Haldrar/Krassh
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Haldrar/1/15/1/4/85/Bettler+Barden+und+Schurken/0/2/1/11/10/1/1/8/8/8/8/0/0.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by astonwe View Post
    Hey

I've played on many Servers, and there was always kind of an Etiquette... but here at SB there are just a couple of people who have something like an Sparing Etiquette, most people just use all CD's against every class, no matter if the enemy is Lowrank/has a bad class for pvp/isn't that good etc. And if they fail to win against you even after using all CD's, most of them try to gank you after... I always try to get the spars as fair as possible, even if my enemy uses CD's I try to win without popping my own CD's... Just find your own way. At SB there are no Rules at GTA, and lots of People don't even respect this place as Sparing Zone...
    Greetz
    Haldrar/Krassh
    It's not GTA alone that is not being respected.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by astonwe View Post
    Hey

Greetz
    Haldrar/Krassh
    You're not the only one who has wasted money on this game

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Feailuve-1 Rank 9 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    You're not the only one who has wasted money on this game
    Not sure if I'd consider it wasted hmmm...
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Not sure if I'd consider it wasted hmmm...
    Don't worry. He's jealous
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    Don't worry. He's jealous
    Jealous of having spent two transfers within a month? Not really

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    Jealous of having spent two transfers within a month? Not really
    Some times you have to check to see if the Zerg is greener else where.

We've all done it at some stage

Quote Originally Posted by Lobla View Post
    Some times you have to check to see if the Zerg is greener else where.

We've all done it at some stage
    On Evernight I got 60k renown in a week time. 60k takes me a month or Snowbourn. I transfered back because the server is dead. No one to find in the morning, only spars in the afternoon.
    Brandywine