We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Produktion Malphunktion's Feedback Thread: Official Response?

Just a (relatively) quick post regarding the recent thread started by our new Producer. Will we be getting any "official" response regarding the feedback players gave in response to Mal's questions regarding our likes/dislikes of the current state of the game? With well over 400 responses (if I recall correctly)--the vast majority of which were completely respectful, well written, and well thought out--it would be a disservice to the player base to leave such an impassioned output unanswered.

With a wide swath of the player base asking for group content (instances, raids, group landscape, pvmp, and even some for better class-based Big Battles), housing updates, LI revamps, etc. there was a great deal of very actionable feedback from Turbine's customers. Will there be some sort of response in the next Producer's Letter? Any information would be greatly appreciated. And in keeping in the spirit of the "no promises" through-line of Mal's post, just some initial thoughts from any members of the development team--what they would like to do, what's possible, what isn't, etc.--would be interesting to read.

Sincerely,

Sethius/Sethadamus of Gladden

Probably not. He just said that he wanted to hear what people were saying and that he was just going to listen. He stated it a few times in the thread I believe.

I had started gathering notes to post in that thread but then I realized nothing will change and it would just make me more upset than I am now :-P Just brush it aside and forget about it. Then, if something good comes from it you can be "surprised".
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Just use the Larry David approach and set your expectations accordingly.

Personally, I'm desperately hoping that they're going to give us a new zone early next year: The Grey Havens! That would be totally awesome from a roleplay point of view. I have an RP scenario all planned out for it and everything. Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please...

It would be nice, and I would love to see it. The main problem is though that anything said could be misinterpreted as a promise, despite any disclaimers.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I had started gathering notes to post in that thread but then I realized nothing will change and it would just make me more upset than I am now
    That was my reaction. After reading through all the Hobbits to Isengard runs I realized the decision makers rarely read the Suggestions forum and rarely read the contents of their own feedback threads.

Surprisingly that thread was well written and thought out by those who posted in it. The rest of the forums, however, seems to be going down a black hole! It has been a long time since this much "tension" has erupted in the forums. I do recall a few times over the 7 years where the frustration of the player base has boiled over. Those were usually limited to class forums. I still have vivid memories of the hunter forum becoming a danger zone. If I recall all devs stay away from that posting in that that class sub folder for a long time. This time around the frustration keeps coming up. It may be that people are finally accepting that there will be no new raids or traditional instances and are expressing their thoughts on the subject. I hope the producer can see both sides of the player base. Even those who are upset still want to see the game improve. The passion is exhibited and may not always be expressed in the polite way it was in the previous thread but I hope it is clear that people still care about the game. I do. If we did not care then people would just leave.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

I would expect to see any respond in his Boss's next letter. -- Executive Producer Aron Campbell.
    "Rowan" has commented that he is working to finish up his next Producer's letter.

A full "press briefing" was presented yesterday 3 July; a live player briefing is scheduled on Twitter for Thursday the 9th

From the S.H.I.E.L.D. run on Windfola:
    "Sapience - And then next week on July 9th, they will be doing the whole thing all over again, but this time as a preview for us players in a livestream. So we’ll be able to read about it, think about it and formulate some questions and thoughts and then a few days later come in to the stream and ask questions about it during the stream."
    Some output from the press briefing:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/06...ros-update-14/

http://middleearthnews.com/2014/06/1...s-into-gondor/

According to that briefing, the tenative release date for Update 14 is Monday 14 July.

http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.co...for-july-14th/
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80

Quote Originally Posted by sethadamus View Post
    Just a (relatively) quick post regarding the recent thread started by our new Producer. Will we be getting any "official" response regarding the feedback players gave in response to Mal's questions regarding our likes/dislikes of the current state of the game? With well over 400 responses (if I recall correctly)--the vast majority of which were completely respectful, well written, and well thought out--it would be a disservice to the player base to leave such an impassioned output unanswered.

With a wide swath of the player base asking for group content (instances, raids, group landscape, pvmp, and even some for better class-based Big Battles), housing updates, LI revamps, etc. there was a great deal of very actionable feedback from Turbine's customers. Will there be some sort of response in the next Producer's Letter? Any information would be greatly appreciated. And in keeping in the spirit of the "no promises" through-line of Mal's post, just some initial thoughts from any members of the development team--what they would like to do, what's possible, what isn't, etc.--would be interesting to read.

Sincerely,

Sethius/Sethadamus of Gladden
    I think it was a clear statement of the new guy, that he just wanted to know what we like and dislike. Just that. There were to less participants to get to a vital conclusion. Even if we would get a Result like "of 124 Opinions in the Forum we now know that 80 dislike the the warsteed cosmetics", this would not be anything they could work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dordain View Post

Personally, I'm desperately hoping that they're going to give us a new zone early next year: The Grey Havens! That would be totally awesome from a roleplay point of view. I have an RP scenario all planned out for it and everything. Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please...
    Oh, I'd love that. Not to mention the Tower Hills.
    But I suspect that we won't see either place till
    much later in the storyline.

Consider that we've been following [different members
    of] the Fellowship all through the Epic Books. None
    of those fellows will return North till after the Ring falls
    and then some. Tolkien mentioned the Tower Hills
    only by the way, like the Forsaken Inn. He doesn't take
    us to the Havens until the very end, when Frodo boards
    the ship that will take him, not merely across the Sea,
    but out of Middle-earth, above Ilmen, the air of flight
    and breath, out of our ken and out of the story. I
    suspect that Turbine will follow the story to the end.
    Plenty of things can happen after that, including the
    King's wars in Harad and Rhun. Maybe they will.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Dordain View Post

If we don't get the Grey Havens, my backup plan is to jump off Weathertop. RP-wise I'm covered; my hobbit is a clumsy sort who will trip while running away from imaginary Nazgul.
    Last edited by ShireDweller; Jul 04 2014 at 04:15 PM.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by sethadamus View Post
    Just a (relatively) quick post regarding the recent thread started by our new Producer. Will we be getting any "official" response regarding the feedback players gave in response to Mal's questions regarding our likes/dislikes of the current state of the game?
    As with all previous feedback requests (see the old Tell the Community Team Threads as an example) there is not an official response or a plan to directly, point by point, address the comments. Much like a survey, the feedback is compiled and then added to all other feedback and data on the same topics. Forum threads, being they are usually a small portion of the community (ie 400 replies even assuming each response to be a unique person is a very tiny number compared to the entire playerbase) are just one piece of our feedback process.

For example, Aaron is putting the finishing touches on a new producer's letter to be released alongside Update 14. A couple of his points will be in direct response to player feedback (though not specifically related to Mal's post), player council input, surveys, and other sources. In both cases I expect the majority of players will be pretty happy with the news.

Stay tuned.