We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Is the lottery not working anymore?

hello, I returned to this game a week ago, and every time I go to the lottery, it says " 404. You Shall
    Not Pass!
    (and also, the page you requested could not be found)" is this common to you all or is it just me? Are the lotteries down for some reason?

Thanks

Welcome back!

The lottery server was damaged beyond repair during the data center power outage just before the release of Helm's Deep. Turbine is considering (and possibly working on) a new system that's better and more like a true lottery format, but there's been no timeframe given for it going live.

I see, thanks!

A classy 404

On a related note, I just pushed the 'lotteries' tab for the heck of it - and got stopped cold by Gandalf. Curses. Perhaps if I come back with a few ring wraiths?

Wasn't expecting it, anyway. Nice one Turbine.

To all intents and purposes the Lottery is gone. However there are Hobbit Presents which you get each day you log in. If you are VIP you get an extra choice on the present (weekly?).

I don't use hobbit presents but loads do and they sort of replace the lottery in functionality and you don't have to wait to see if you win. You will always get something.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

that bright star in the constelation of Vela
    I must admit I would love to have the lottery back. I once won a 1st age symbol (during the great river expansion) and was jumping with joy especially as i sold it for 500 gold as i already had 2 FA's
    Having said that, I think it's the winning that makes it special and not the prize itself.
    Please bring back the lottery.
    MOORS: HUNTER R11, WARG R9
    BE NOT FEARFUL OF DEATH FOR IT WILL LEAD YOU TO AN EVEN GREATER ADVENTURE,
    AS LIFE IT SELF IS A JOURNEY TO DEATH AND ONE WHICH WE MUST ALL TAKE.... LIVE GOOD, FIGHT HARD, DIE WELL.