We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Why not Elf captain or dwarf captain?

Why doesnt they have dwarf or elf captain it should be cool and that you should be avaible to go to rohan gondor and mordor. The isengard expansion i think will be preatty cool atleast but can you meet Sauruman as a boss ?

Re: Why not Elf captain or dwarf captain?

The restriction of the captain class to Race of Man alone is something I've never understood.
    No Hobbit captains: This is understandable as they are very unfamiliar with war.
    No Elven of Dwarven captains: These races have waged war countless times. They did that leaderless? I don't think so.
    Withywindle: Hargorin, 85 GRD; Tharwil, 53 CHMP and a whole lot more offspring

I think it is because elves and dwarves do not have the natural charisma the race of man possesses. Instead, they have various other benifits and disadvantages that make them unique, just as man has their own.

Durin and Thorin did not have charisma? I think not they inspired their people in battle and the new movie should show how Thorin inspired the Dwarf to take back their home from the dragon.

AW: Re: Why not Elf captain or dwarf captain?

Quote Originally Posted by FalseOneWingedAngel View Post
    I think it is because elves and dwarves do not have the natural charisma the race of man possesses. Instead, they have various other benifits and disadvantages that make them unique, just as man has their own.
    Ok, I laughed.
    Einigen wir uns also darauf, dass wir uns uneinig sind.
    Dr. Gregory House

EASK Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 20.00%, Socializer 40.00%

OK, I not only laughed, I almost choked and sprayed my computer with hot coffee. Elves and Dwarves do not have charisma?

That was meant as a joke right?

Here we go again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco105 View Post
    Durin and Thorin did not have charisma? I think not they inspired their people in battle and the new movie should show how Thorin inspired the Dwarf to take back their home from the dragon.
    The thing is Dwarves (end Elves) in general can only inspire other Dwarves (and Elves). Men being the underdog race can inspire everyone. And remember we are "mere" adventurers, we do not compare to people like Thorin or Durin. Also, do not view the Captain class as a military job - a commander - that's not what it is, we're not soldiers.
    Re-ni-AN-nen - strayed (ppt. of renia- 'to stray')
    Aeled Reniannen, Defender of Middle-earth ~ Nendhiniel, Forge-Warden : Captain and Wardenette from [EN-RP] Laurelin
    Fluffrash, Blade of Barashish ~ Nathraen, Conqueror of Towers : Warg Puppy and Spider Tailor from the darker side thereof
    Faradwen, Swift-Arrow : Huntress from [EN-RE] Landroval

As if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
    ~~~~~
    Kári was a little Dwarf. / Smaller than you or me. / And wherever Kári went / He took his axe… or three.

Nonsense

What kind of silliness is this? As a dwarf, I've often inspired my Kinsmen, be they human, elf, or hobbit.

I could be wrong by all means, however I imagine the reasoning behind the lack of captains in the Elven and Dwarvern races comes from the nature of the Lord of the Rings time period; the time of the elves is passed as they go to the undying lands and not much is really heard about the dwarves at that point either. Thinking upon that logic a lot of the elves would have already left middle earth and I'd imagine a good portion of their captains, the dwarves and elves were in the zenith of their civilizations during the times described in the Silmarillion which Turbine and thus Lotro does not have access to such content (in reality dwarfs and elves probably shouldn't be running around middle earth as much as they are (and certainly not hobbits), but what would Lotro be without our favorite races). Nevertheless I wouldn't be altogether opposed to other races having access to the captain class but that's just what I think the logic behind locking its availability to other races probably is.

Also this might be better placed in the Player Suggestions forum.
    Last edited by CivitasAciesAld; Jul 31 2014 at 11:06 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000009848a/signature.png]Torthrak[/charsig]
    "Pfffft, I solo all the time, I just make sure i have bout 20 Other soloers behind me when i do it."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CivitasAciesAld View Post
    I imagine the reasoning behind the lack of captains in the Elven and Dwarvern races comes from the nature of the Lord of the Rings time period; the time of the elves is passed as they go to the undying lands and not much is really heard about the dwarves at that point either. Thinking upon that logic a lot of the elves would have already left middle earth and I'd imagine a good portion of their captains, the dwarves and elves were in the zenith of their civilizations during the times described in the Silmarillion which Turbine and thus Lotro does not have access to such content (in reality dwarfs and elves probably shouldn't be running around middle earth as much as they are (and certainly not hobbits), but what would Lotro be without our favorite races).
    That is exactly what it is.

a little off topic from the OP - but how about making it so all dwarves have access to axes as LIs? I'm sick of not being able to wield the most important part of dwarveness, outside of drinking and beards. (I play a dwarf mini - no axes since LIs introduced. The horror).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000005af46/01001/signature.png]Beerdrinker[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Derrec View Post
    What kind of silliness is this? As a dwarf, I've often inspired my Kinsmen, be they human, elf, or hobbit.
    A three year old thread resurrected.

That's awesome necro skills.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

My total support and respect cpt I love the dwarfs hobbit ctp and lm and champion already it is time to finish with the brutal discrimination of 2 races for one badly so called tradition that is not respected when it is not wanted, We are on the verge of entering the Fourth Age where Pippin and Merry changes everything they are cpt of Gondor in This epoch and Eleanor Gamyi is the custody of the books of the former one to know in them tower of the Belifantes and if they want I put information that it demonstrate this game this one archaic with these laws of separation that it is necessary to end already and forever

Race of Man has natural charisma? Since when? It's the most boring and uninspiring race in the game, it's also the race (of the 4 Hobbits/Dwarfd.Elves/Men) that provides the most recruits to Sauron! Men inspirational! To who?

I heard that Captain class used to gender-restricted too: Only Man could become a captain. Such thing lasted until someone during BETA pointed that there was a Woman captain somewhere in the lore. That's why we now have Woman Captain.

Maybe if you pick up elf or dwarf captains (with the "captain" word in their description) from the lore, Turbine may consider.

If we treat Captain as a unique-class for Man of Race, it would be fair if there is also unique class for other races, too. But then again, we are going to have Beorning, another Race of Man-only class.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    If we treat Captain as a unique-class for Man of Race, it would be fair if there is also unique class for other races, too. But then again, we are going to have Beorning, another Race of Man-only class.
    I am sure you wouldn't prefer having Hobbit Beornings, right? That would be worse than Hobbit Wardens.

That happens if we have hobbit beor not these prepared to have a hobbit of a magic class that could be better than your I I am a guardian Rank 15 of etten with my hobbit the only one of my server of 4 races and Rank 13 with my hunter hobbit and in another game I have a magician hobbit officially of 4 stars what here one rank14 and that you are afraid that it it could be in lotro with a hobbit beor or lm have a bit of confidence in you itself and to respect the right of all

Quote Originally Posted by rodin12 View Post
    That happens if we have hobbit beor not these prepared to have a hobbit of a magic class that could be better than your I I am a guardian Rank 15 of etten with my hobbit the only one of my server of 4 races and Rank 13 with my hunter hobbit and in another game I have a magician hobbit officially of 4 stars what here one rank14 and that you are afraid that it it could be in lotro with a hobbit beor or lm have a bit of confidence in you itself and to respect the right of all
    No, it's just that as it's LOTRO and not just a generic fantasy game, hobbit magicians wouldn't fit in at all. Nobody cares about how much time you've spent grinding in the Ettens. And asking for a hobbit 'beor' is a complete joke: Beornings were Men, the class is going to be like that too, end of story. Turbine would get laughed at if they did anything else.

I heard that Captain class used to gender-restricted too: Only Man could become a captain. Such thing lasted until someone during BETA pointed that there was a Woman captain somewhere in the lore. That's why we now have Woman Captain.

Maybe if you pick up elf or dwarf captains (with the "captain" word in their description) from the lore, Turbine may consider.
    Gil-Galad? Though I suppose he's not from the actual LotR age.

We Cannot Get Out

You actually play Dwarf Captain Ori in the We Cannot Get Out session, so you don't have to go to Lore, just go to Epic Vol 2, Book III!!