We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Epic Battles fps drops

I have annoying fps drops at Epic Battles. Just did Helm's Deep Dike and The Deeping Wall. Im quite sure the problem is those massive uruk armies. When I face them my fps drops from 62 to 30-40. Playing those battles was so uncomfortable and frustrating. Is there anything I can do about it? They should remove those fps killer armies

My specs:
    Z68 Pro3, LGA1155
    Core i5 2500K, LGA1155, 3.3 GHz
    8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II
    Corsair 600W CX V2
    Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Lower you graphic settings. Disable the display of floating text such as names over NPCs if necessary.

It is massive number of enemies in your face that cause the problem. Plus all the ones that are waiting their turn that you can bomb with a siege engine.

You can not get rid of them because they are all attackable. Hence the name Big Battles because there are what 200 or more opponents. The pop corn crowd that is there for color should not be causing lag.

You might want to consider getting a SSD. Putting Lotro on the SSD.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Lower you graphic settings. Disable the display of floating text such as names over NPCs if necessary.

It is massive number of enemies in your face that cause the problem. Plus all the ones that are waiting their turn that you can bomb with a siege engine.

You can not get rid of them because they are all attackable. Hence the name Big Battles because there are what 200 or more opponents. The pop corn crowd that is there for color should not be causing lag.

You might want to consider getting a SSD. Putting Lotro on the SSD.
    Lowering settings doesn't help and I have a SSD for lotro and windows, but it's doesn't make any difference (only loading screens are faster).

Quote Originally Posted by Kalanaamari View Post
    I have annoying fps drops at Epic Battles. Just did Helm's Deep Dike and The Deeping Wall. Im quite sure the problem is those massive uruk armies. When I face them my fps drops from 62 to 30-40. Playing those battles was so uncomfortable and frustrating. Is there anything I can do about it? They should remove those fps killer armies

Really 30-40 FPS is not that bad. Anything lower than 30 you may see a little chop. 30-40 should be very playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor6 View Post
    Really 30-40 FPS is not that bad. Anything lower than 30 you may see a little chop. 30-40 should be very playable.
    Well, I don't know why, but if I change my maximum frame rate for some else than 62, playing is so choppy (same thing with fps drops). It should be fine with 30-50 fps, but it's not.

I tried with vsync on/off and everything else. Just don't know why the game is playable only with 62 fps.

Well, I don't know why, but if I change my maximum frame rate for some else than 62, playing is so choppy (same thing with fps drops). It should be fine with 30-50 fps, but it's not.
    There is an option. I do not know what it is called. This option will force your PC to only display completed frames. Otherwise you get part of the new frame and part of the old frame. It looks like someone took two pictures - torn them into two pieces. Pasted the pictures together with the wrong top and bottom. This situation is called tearing. It is really annoying.

I can play Lotro with frame rates down to 20 with out too many issues. 30 is fine for me. Each person is unique and has a different tolerance for frame rate. I know people that go nuts in Europe with their lights because the power is 50 cycles a second versus the USA 60 cycles a second.. They can see the flicker with 50. There are even people can see light flicker with 60 cycles in the USA.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I also have insane fps drops when there is other players around. I have decent connection (13mbps), but I still have 130ms. Always. Maybe it's that when they move every server to america. I just want to play lotro, but it seems it's not playable anymore

I also have insane fps drops when there is other players around. I have decent connection (13mbps), but I still have 130ms. Always. Maybe it's that when they move every server to america. I just want to play lotro, but it seems it's not playable anymore
    FPS (Frames Per Second; aka your frame-rate) drops have nothing to do with your internet connection and everything to do with your computer system. When you have an internet problem with the game, your game will lag. The irony is that the lag is "smooth". For example: running in place, stuck doing the same motion over and over (like whistling to mount your horse), trying to fire off skills and you get the marching ants but nothing happens, etc. This kind of lag does not impact FPS. I get this kind of lag frequently when my wifi cuts out (which is why Turbine [and probably any MMO company] recommends players use an ethernet cable).

The lag that impacts FPS is the kind that stems from your computer specs. When your FPS drops, everything gets hitchy/jerky. Looking at stuff with a lot of graphics going on (looking over towards the uruk armies in the Epic Battles, for example) will make it worse. Looking away (like straight at the ground or the sky) can alleviate the problem. This is caused when your computer does not have the strength or capacity to process all the information fast enough to display it.

If you want to improve your FPS, you will either have to reduce your graphics settings (if possible) or look at getting a new gaming rig (or at least upgrading your existing one).
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post

If you want to improve your FPS, you will either have to reduce your graphics settings (if possible) or look at getting a new gaming rig (or at least upgrading your existing one).
    Well, it doesn't matter, if I use the lowest or the highest settings, problem is still same. I think this gaming rid should be just fine for this game. I can play Skyrim with the highest settings without problems.