We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Here's a "cute" but interesting question --

Have you noticed that the NPCs all seem to change periodically! -- kind of like the name change stuff they started playing with in the Entwood quests.

I haven't decided if they change on a daily basis, or have simply changed by time of day; or every different login.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    Here's a "cute" but interesting question --

Have you noticed that the NPCs all seem to change periodically! -- kind of like the name change stuff they started playing with in the Entwood quests.

I haven't decided if they change on a daily basis, or have simply changed by time of day; or every different login.
    With the exception of the class vendors nearly all the npcs change appearnce details randomly. We've been seeing this happen since RoR but never before on named npcs.

This is a major project -- document all of the new "game mechanics" with U 14.

I've been working much of the same descriptions and information over at LOTRO-wiki.com
    Most of the images (as of B3) are present.

See:
    * https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dol...atch_(Dailies)

* https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/City_of_Dol_Amroth - the city in general
    * https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dol_Amroth - reputation factions

* https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Essence - describing the essence system

We are always welcoming new editors -- especially any time there is a new Release -- feel free to come sign up and help out!
    Thank you to both the OP and this guy they are all very useful...Btw thank you for updating wiki I don't know what I would do without it
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

Superb work, this will help people out a lot!

I assume you will make a copy of this thread to post into the live forums once U14 is released and all details are confirmed accurate?
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    once U14 is released and all details are confirmed accurate?
    LoL -- consider this a job posting! --- This is a HUGE undertaking, anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute to the validation effort!

PKCrichton has done an amazing job without question, be sure to look for his thread to either be moved or re-started after the 14th.

Both the Essence system and the Dailies have a tremendous number of items to be validated. ... and many of them have changed in every build.

... And some things, like the Library tokens, are STILL broken. Will they be fixed (or will there be) in Build 5 -- or will we have to wait until live to find out?
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Excellent work on this

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

... And some things, like the Library tokens, are STILL broken. Will they be fixed (or will there be) in Build 5 -- or will we have to wait until live to find out?
    They are not broken. The message in the Patch Notes refers to the tokens handed out by Rock in the E&G tavern. This issue is not related to the Library Tokens you acquire in Dol Amroth in the intended way: by doing quests.

One small correction to the guide (I saw it mentioned in some other non-Bullroarer topic, it may cause some confusion among players):
    Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    The Mason and Swan-Knight reputation NPCs are locked away behind two server unlock events.
    Insert Image of Server Event
    Your server must turn in Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth in the amounts of 8k to Tothlant and 12k to Harniel. These turns are seperate counters one for each reputation/zone.
    • 8k unlocks the caves of Emyn Ernil. Which is used by the Mason's Faction quests.
    • 12k unlocks the tunnels in the Paths of the Dead. Which is used by the Swan Knights' Faction quests.
    This can be misunderstood since the NPCs are asking not 8k and 12k tokens but 8k and 12k quest turn-ins as is written correctly just in the next paragraph of the guide.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    They are not broken. The message in the Patch Notes refers to the tokens handed out by Rock in the E&G tavern. This issue is not related to the Library Tokens you acquire in Dol Amroth in the intended way: by doing quests.

One small correction to the guide (I saw it mentioned in some other non-Bullroarer topic, it may cause some confusion among players):

This can be misunderstood since the NPCs are asking not 8k and 12k tokens but 8k and 12k quest turn-ins as is written correctly just in the next paragraph of the guide.
    Ah I hadn't gotten to 100 during build 1 when this was 'active'. I was going off my own understanding of what people I was asking were saying. With this being quest turn ins instead of tokens turn ins its even worse of a grind than I thought it was. I fixed that section to say it was silver tokens as part of a quest turn in like Bounders Bounties.

Gondor furniture screenshots

I took some more screenshots of Gondor housing items - feel free to use them for this guide.

(Some pics are inconsistent in size, but they still show what to expect.)

(to be continued due to image limit per post)
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

(to be continued due to image limit per post)
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

For screenshots of Gondor Bookshelves, as well as their current placement issues, please see this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...e-we-go-again!

The Mason and Swan-Knight reputation NPCs are locked away behind two server unlock events.
    Insert Image of Server Event
    Your server must turn in Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth as part of a Quest Turn In (Like Bounders Bounties) in the amounts of 8k to Tothlant and 12k to Harniel. These turns are seperate counters one for each reputation/zone.
    •8k unlocks the caves of Emyn Ernil. Which is used by the Mason's Faction quests.
    •12k unlocks the tunnels in the Paths of the Dead. Which is used by the Swan Knights' Faction quests.

8K and 12K that means 8,000 and 12,000 correct? Is that from all players adding Silver Tokens of Dol Amroth together--not each player individually doing that? Is this like the Michel Delving Bounty collection for the statue building?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2