We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1

    Riddles in the Dark quest line for hidden deed: Twist-tongued

    This is a guide to get the hidden deed Twist-tongued that requires you to complete the Riddles in the dark quest chain in Moria.
    Reason why I am making this guide is because others available are not detailed or have wrong information.


    NOTE
    Since the deed Twist-tongued is hidden you won't see any progress but it's working so keep going.
    This is a detailed guide so it will contain spoilers like answers to the riddles and the locations where to start the next quest.
    The forum only allows 5 images per post so I have put direct links to screenshots.



    Quest chain: Riddles in the dark


    1st riddle: Riddles in the Library

    To start you need to go to Moria, to Dolven-view. At the coordinates 7.0S, 111.2W you will find a Felgeirr's Papers. They start the first quest.


    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps08e89b36.jpg
    Location of Felgeirr's Papers on the map.


    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps872c9844.jpg
    Felgeirr's Papers in game.


    Now just go back to the Dolven-View camp and talk to Sol there.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...psd851556b.jpg
    Location of Sol in the Dolven-View camp.



    2nd riddle: Riddle in the Old City


    Go to The Silvertine Loades to coordinates: 11.6S, 111.0W
    If you have problems finding it follow this instructions: go to Deep Descent camp, from there go south and then take the right turn into caves. Keep runing south down the hill, past he camp with Thalfar. Go on the rail tracks there and keep following them south and then south-east.Run past dwarf Sori and keep following the tracks. You will get to the end of tracks and then go a bit uphill to the door. On the other side you find dwarf Ondott, run past him down the stairs. On the bottom of the stairs you will find the next riddle.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps628c3e3c.jpg
    Location of the riddle on the map.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...psc49bf0a5.jpg
    Location of the riddle in game.


    The answer to the riddle is close, 12.1S, 111.3W. Down the stairs and on the left.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps436f853b.jpg
    Location of the answer in game




    3rd riddle: Riddles in the Stone


    The next one is very close, in the room where you just clicked the answer to previous one.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3c3dd89e.jpg
    Location of the riddle in game.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...psc740184a.jpg
    Location of the answer in game.

    You get a key, take it to Ondott to complete the quest.


    4th riddle: Riddles in the Flames


    Go to Flaming Deeps, to Anazarmekhem camp. The riddle is in the camp, 13.3S, 108.0W

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5f3c47fa.jpg
    Location of the Riddle in Anazarmekhem camp.

    The answer is south at 15.4S, 106.8W

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps186d2025.jpg
    Location on the map

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85a3966a.jpg
    Location in game.



    5th riddle: Riddles in the Walls

    The riddle is just under the last answer.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...psdb5560e4.jpg
    Location of the riddle.

    You get the pull one of three levers. While facing the riddle the correct one is the right one.
    Go back to Anazarmekhem camp and talk to Endrith.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...psa370f012.jpg
    Location of Endrith in game.



    6th riddle: Riddles in the Tomb

    Go to The Twenty-first Hall, at 5.9S, 105.5W you will find the next riddle.


    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7397b158.jpg
    Location of the riddle on the map.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps02058584.jpg
    Location of the riddle in game.


    The answer is north in the Chamber of Mazarbul at 4.9S, 105.4W

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...psb9f2eeea.jpg
    Location of the answer on the map

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ace9d74.jpg
    Location of the answer in game.


    7th riddle: Riddles in the Sunshine

    Go to First hall and go outside Moria to Lothlorien. The next riddle is just outside on the left.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps22821505.jpg
    Location of the riddle on the map.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps88710574.jpg
    Location of the riddle in game.


    Answer to the riddle is a cave nearby at 13.5S, 77.9W.


    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps201082e9.jpg
    Location of the cave on map.

    http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4abb7b72.jpg
    Location of the cave in game.


    Go in and pick up your reward, you get to choose one from few of them.

    Deed completed.

    Rewards: 100 Marks, Twist-tongued title, 900 reputation to Iron Garrison Guards
    Last edited by Ksenija; Jun 29 2014 at 02:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,686
    Alright, Imma go ahead and test this guide now. Thanks for the great post, Z!

    Edit: A new Title has been bestowed upon you, you may now be known as Coeprandua, Twist-tongued!
    Last edited by Coeprandua; Jun 29 2014 at 04:14 PM.

  3. #3
    Nice guide. Unfortunately, it's bugged for me. First 6 riddles done, cannot activate Riddles in the Sunshine. I've seen another forum thread about this deed, and it seems many people have same problem. If it's bugged so long, and there is no sign of fixing it, then removing this deed from Moria meta deed would be good option Turbine ...

  4. #4
    I've literally just completed all 7 riddles and got the reward, so it is possible to complete it.

    Hope you can all get there too...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by koffein View Post
    Nice guide. Unfortunately, it's bugged for me. First 6 riddles done, cannot activate Riddles in the Sunshine. I've seen another forum thread about this deed, and it seems many people have same problem. If it's bugged so long, and there is no sign of fixing it, then removing this deed from Moria meta deed would be good option Turbine ...
    I'm in the same boat. I can't activate the plaque outside, even though I completed the pre-requisites long ago. This is really irritating in that it keeps me from completing this deed and the meta-deed!

  6. #6
    Success! Finally! The tricky part is that my quest log showed every one of the quests needed for Riddle in the Sunshine already completed. I started revisiting every location in the OP, and suddenly my (completed!) quest in the Flaming deeps allowed me to click on the riddle answer. Once done I was able to click the plaque outside Moria and finally complete this...

  7. #7
    Thanks! Finally managed to complete the deed thanks to the help here. Great guide.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Challen66 View Post
    Success! Finally! The tricky part is that my quest log showed every one of the quests needed for Riddle in the Sunshine already completed. I started revisiting every location in the OP, and suddenly my (completed!) quest in the Flaming deeps allowed me to click on the riddle answer. Once done I was able to click the plaque outside Moria and finally complete this...
    A bit of a necro post, but the same happened to me; all the quests shown as completed, but Sunshine riddle not active.

    I went back to each riddle location and Riddle in the Tomb was active - even though my quest log showed it as completed. I re-did it and Sunshine quest became active.

    I have noticed a number of forgotten stuff issues recently, across a couple of my oldest characters. My oldest lost 75% of stable routes at some point; either lost the stable entirely, or just the Fast option, I am slowly revisiting the stables as I escort my 6 y/o around Middle Earth.

  9. #9
    I'm trying to complete this chain, but the next quest that is supposed to unlock is unclickable, and I don't know how to finish it otherwise. I have completed:

    Riddles in the Library
    Riddle in an Old City
    Riddle in the Stone
    Riddle in the Tomb

    According to this thread and the Wiki, Riddles in the Flames was supposed to unlock after I completed Riddle in the Stone, but it did not. Ondott was supposed to send me to the Flaming Deeps, but the quest simply ended and he has no new riddle quests for me. I went there anyway, but the plaque is not clickable.

    According to the guide here, Riddle in the Tomb should be the sixth quest in the chain, yet my log shows I already completed this, somehow out of order.

    Without Riddle in the Flames, I can't access Riddle in the Walls, and without those two I can't complete Riddle in the Sunshine (I already tried.) What's weird is I also recall completing another riddle quest recently near Balin's Camp, but that one doesn't appear to be part of this chain at all.

    Is this quest chain broken now? I'm out of ideas and I'm really disappointed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I'm trying to complete this chain, but the next quest that is supposed to unlock is unclickable, and I don't know how to finish it otherwise. I have completed:

    Riddles in the Library
    Riddle in an Old City
    Riddle in the Stone
    Riddle in the Tomb

    According to this thread and the Wiki, Riddles in the Flames was supposed to unlock after I completed Riddle in the Stone, but it did not. Ondott was supposed to send me to the Flaming Deeps, but the quest simply ended and he has no new riddle quests for me. I went there anyway, but the plaque is not clickable.

    According to the guide here, Riddle in the Tomb should be the sixth quest in the chain, yet my log shows I already completed this, somehow out of order.

    Without Riddle in the Flames, I can't access Riddle in the Walls, and without those two I can't complete Riddle in the Sunshine (I already tried.) What's weird is I also recall completing another riddle quest recently near Balin's Camp, but that one doesn't appear to be part of this chain at all.

    Is this quest chain broken now? I'm out of ideas and I'm really disappointed.
    Even if you have done each section, sometimes one doesnt activate correctly; go back to the riddle completion points for each of the riddles you have done; at some point you should get an on screen text message telling you a quest is completed.

    I have had this happen to me, and it is infuriating.

    Sods Law means it will be the LAST one you check.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Even if you have done each section, sometimes one doesnt activate correctly; go back to the riddle completion points for each of the riddles you have done; at some point you should get an on screen text message telling you a quest is completed.

    I have had this happen to me, and it is infuriating.

    Sods Law means it will be the LAST one you check.
    I went back to the locations for steps one through three, but no luck. Ondott still has no vector quest and the riddle in the Flaming deeps camp is still unclickable. I read that Ondott is supposed to send you to talk to Gapi in the camp first, but he has nothing for me either. Is there any intermediate step I might have missed?

    I'm afraid that the issue may be that my character is what's bugged. It's possible the game should have never let me complete step 6 out of order like that, and now it's got my completion flags messed up somehow.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I went back to the locations for steps one through three, but no luck. Ondott still has no vector quest and the riddle in the Flaming deeps camp is still unclickable. I read that Ondott is supposed to send you to talk to Gapi in the camp first, but he has nothing for me either. Is there any intermediate step I might have missed?

    I'm afraid that the issue may be that my character is what's bugged. It's possible the game should have never let me complete step 6 out of order like that, and now it's got my completion flags messed up somehow.
    Go back to the riddle boards in Flaming deeps and check out all the boxes closely, one should cause an on screen prompt for you to open it. This is the one I missed.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Go back to the riddle boards in Flaming deeps and check out all the boxes closely, one should cause an on screen prompt for you to open it. This is the one I missed.
    I'm still trying to click on the riddle plaque in the main camp (Anazablablablah) in order to betsow the quest. I'm thinking I won't be able to click on anything to solve it without the quest active first. I'll take a look at it just in case though.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I'm still trying to click on the riddle plaque in the main camp (Anazablablablah) in order to betsow the quest. I'm thinking I won't be able to click on anything to solve it without the quest active first. I'll take a look at it just in case though.
    I seem to remember it wasnt the same plaque; there is more than one row of them.

    it is one of the bug bears with landscape activated quests/ quest segments, you can quite easily miss them.

    I missed a quest chain in the Wolds due to taking a route to the brigand cave that missed the trigger area.

    And with the backend being particularly slow to react at the moment, you can be 10-50-100m beyond the trigger point before the bestowal/hint text even appears.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    I seem to remember it wasnt the same plaque; there is more than one row of them.

    it is one of the bug bears with landscape activated quests/ quest segments, you can quite easily miss them.

    I missed a quest chain in the Wolds due to taking a route to the brigand cave that missed the trigger area.

    And with the backend being particularly slow to react at the moment, you can be 10-50-100m beyond the trigger point before the bestowal/hint text even appears.
    The wiki says Riddles in the Flames is bestowed by the plaque in the main camp, next to the relic master, which is the one I've been trying to click on. The rest of the quest talks about lockers. Is there another plaque in the Flaming Deeps that I should be trying?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,965
    ignore, strange posting glitch.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    The wiki says Riddles in the Flames is bestowed by the plaque in the main camp, next to the relic master, which is the one I've been trying to click on. The rest of the quest talks about lockers. Is there another plaque in the Flaming Deeps that I should be trying?
    Ah, OK, I think I understand, you havent been able to START this quest.; so the issue is probably the previous quest.

    After you solved The Riddle in an Old City, did you activate the SECOND plague on the back wall of the hall??

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:A_Riddle_in_an_Old_City

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...s_in_the_Stone

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Ah, OK, I think I understand, you havent been able to START this quest.; so the issue is probably the previous quest.

    After you solved The Riddle in an Old City, did you activate the SECOND plague on the back wall of the hall??

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:A_Riddle_in_an_Old_City

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...s_in_the_Stone
    Yes, I completed both Riddle in the Old City and Riddles in the Stone. I found the key in the chest and brought it back to Ondott. He took it and said, "hey thanks! Maybe you'll find more of these riddles somewhere!" and that was the end of it. None of the riddles I have tried to activate since have worked.

    I have another character just entering Moria. She has already completed steps 1-3 of this chain as well, and so is in the exact same place in the chain as this character. I'm going to take her though next and see if she can activate the riddle plaque in the Flaming Deeps. I recall that when she last talked to Ondott, he didn't give her any vector quest either though.

  19. #19
    So, it appears that my first character is bugged. Second character was able to pick up the riddle quest from the plaque in the Flaming Deeps just now. The only difference between my two characters is the first one has completed steps 1,2,3 and 6 of the quest chain, and the second has completed steps 1,2 and 3 only. It looks like when the game allowed character 1 to do one of the quests out of order, it broke the quest chain. Unfortunately, it is easy to do step 6 out of order because the plaque in the 21st Hall is visible anytime you go in or out of the camp, so if you visit the 21st Hall first instead of Flaming Deeps, you could encounter it. It seems like the game should not allow you to complete any of the quests out of order to avoid permanently breaking the quest chain for that character, OR it should allow all the quests to by done in any order.

    Since character 1 was my burglar, I thought it would be cool to do all the riddles!

    I don't know if it's worth opening a ticket for her. I know you can wait hours only to have your ticket closed if you have to log off, and I don't now if a GM could remove a quest from her log once it's already been completed anyway.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    So, it appears that my first character is bugged. Second character was able to pick up the riddle quest from the plaque in the Flaming Deeps just now. The only difference between my two characters is the first one has completed steps 1,2,3 and 6 of the quest chain, and the second has completed steps 1,2 and 3 only. It looks like when the game allowed character 1 to do one of the quests out of order, it broke the quest chain. Unfortunately, it is easy to do step 6 out of order because the plaque in the 21st Hall is visible anytime you go in or out of the camp, so if you visit the 21st Hall first instead of Flaming Deeps, you could encounter it. It seems like the game should not allow you to complete any of the quests out of order to avoid permanently breaking the quest chain for that character, OR it should allow all the quests to by done in any order.

    Since character 1 was my burglar, I thought it would be cool to do all the riddles!

    I don't know if it's worth opening a ticket for her. I know you can wait hours only to have your ticket closed if you have to log off, and I don't now if a GM could remove a quest from her log once it's already been completed anyway.
    Doing them out of order shouldnt bug the quests, as I didnt do then in order on several alts, but yes, it does seem like it has bugged for this character.

    As I said before, when it bugged on one of mine, just revisiting each of the quest locations cured the issue; but obviously this hasnt worked for you.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    2,096
    Yes, I always do the 21st Hall one before Flaming Deeps ones. It's just the way I usually go through Moria, so it's unlikely to be that.

    Silly question but are you absolutely sure you haven't already picked this quest up and it's just sitting unfinished in your quest log?

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Yes, I always do the 21st Hall one before Flaming Deeps ones. It's just the way I usually go through Moria, so it's unlikely to be that.

    Silly question but are you absolutely sure you haven't already picked this quest up and it's just sitting unfinished in your quest log?
    Oh my goodness, Altair, you were right! I could have sworn that I had checked her log thoroughly, and even done search on "Riddle," but maybe I'm thinking of the search I did when the "completed" box was checked. I just looked again, and THERE IT IS. And of course I find this after traipsing around Moria countless times and then filling out a long and thorough bug report. Duh!

    Thank you Yarbro for trying so diligently to help me, and thank you Altair for asking the obvious! I'm happy to be able to complete this quest chain now.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Oh my goodness, Altair, you were right! I could have sworn that I had checked her log thoroughly, and even done search on "Riddle," but maybe I'm thinking of the search I did when the "completed" box was checked. I just looked again, and THERE IT IS. And of course I find this after traipsing around Moria countless times and then filling out a long and thorough bug report. Duh!

    Thank you Yarbro for trying so diligently to help me, and thank you Altair for asking the obvious! I'm happy to be able to complete this quest chain now.
    Dont worry, we all do stupid things now and then; I once shacked up with a psychotic (but very sexy) girl who tried to stab me to death.

    (For failing to come home to eat a meal she had already announced she wasnt going to cook for me).

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Dont worry, we all do stupid things now and then; I once shacked up with a psychotic (but very sexy) girl who tried to stab me to death.

    (For failing to come home to eat a meal she had already announced she wasnt going to cook for me).
    That definitely beats not checking your quest log thoroughly!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload