We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Western Gondor? More like Central Gondor...

Isn't Andrast and Anfalas Western Gondor?
    "Juan ring to rule them all." - Juaquino, Loth Angelien, Californiath

Quote Originally Posted by JuaQuins View Post
    Isn't Andrast and Anfalas Western Gondor?
    Yes, but Belfalas and Lebenin will be our western Gondor in the game, meaning those areas will likely never appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrawn View Post
    Yes, but Belfalas and Lebenin will be our western Gondor in the game, meaning those areas will likely never appear.
    That's quite sad then. Wasn't there a Gondorian chief in Anfalas who sent troops to Minas Tirith? Isn't the Pukelmen in Andrast? There are some good stories there.

I wonder if Eastern Gondor will fully flesh out Belfalas and the island of Tolfalas.

I mean look at how huge Western Gondor really is. We're getting a small sliver of it. I mean, I wouldn't if they called it Central Gondor but Western Gondor, I think not!

Last edited by JuaQuins; Jun 30 2014 at 03:42 AM.

WESTERN GONDOR: I'm already feeling disappointed... :-(

I'm a casual player but I love coming onto the game and exploring Middle-earth. So to go on Bullroarer and feel like we won't get the all of Gondor already feels like a letdown. We haven't even seen the new Update yet, but I am already feeling somewhat disappointed about what constitutes as Western Gondor to our game. We got all of Rohan (East, Wildermore (technically apart of the Wold) and West but with Gondor, it looks like we won't be seeing the real West. Why is it that when the discussion about Rohan was in talks, they made a big to-do about wanting to get the landscape size right but with Gondor, it seems like it's okay to skimp.

It already feels like a letdown.

I know that what we will get is likely to be beautiful and we'll be in awe of the world that Turbine has built but I wish they would called it Central Gondor or something else.

Take a look at how huge Gondor really is and the Western Gondor we won't see in the next update.

Last edited by JuaQuins; Jun 30 2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: To be more sensitive for our Turbinites with gypsy descent. Sorry to offend.

I disagree with Turbine on a lot of game play issues, but one thing I have faith in them is world building.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Don't forget we originally got Rohan in 3 parts over time

1: Eastemnet (U10 i think) with the Riders of Rohan Expac. With which came Mounted Combat and the rest

2: Wildermore (U11) arrived mid year

3: Westemnet (U12) arrived with Helm's Deep Expac

No doubt we will see the rest of Gondor over the next 12 mths

It's already been said that we're getting another chunk of Gondor (Pelargir, part of east Gondor) later this year. If we're really lucky, they won't raise the level cap on us when they give it, but that's sorta a crapshoot.

We'll likely get Minas Tirith, Anorien, and Ithilien in an expansion, maybe with some more bordering parts of Mordor. I'd rather an expansion focus on instances than on a huge mass of landscape.

No idea if we'll see Pinnath Gelin and the rest of West Gondor though. We never did get to see the chunk of Rohan past the Isen, by the Adorn River, so who can say.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

MadeOfLions is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    I'm a casual player but I love coming onto the game and exploring Middle-earth. So to go on Bullroarer and feel like we won't get the all of Gondor already feels like a letdown.
    We've been thinking of the lands to the west of our Western Gondor as 'Far Gondor,' and if the story takes us there I expect that's what we'd call it. For now the main thrust of the story is at Dol Amroth and the cities to the east, as you might expect. I want places in which to play for the future, though, so I don't want to use up all the playable terrain too early, either. Let's save some of the stories in Far Gondor for later!

MoL

I certainly hope we are going to get all of Gondor between Dol Amroth and the Anduin. To put things in
    perspective, Forochel was an update to the game (not an expansion) with an impassable ice-bay. It takes me
    10.5 minutes to ride across Forochel on my warsteed via the Lonesome Stones. It only takes me 4.5 mins to
    ride across East Rohan from the river Entwash to the Anduin. Turbine can do small maps after Gondor, but
    Gondor is much more important to the story than Forochel and it deserves a big map.

WESTERN GONDOR: I'm al ready feeling (______)... :-(
    I'm a casual player but I love coming onto the game and exploring Middle-earth. So to go on Bullroarer and feel like we won't get the all of Gondor already feels like a letdown. We haven't even seen the new Update yet, but I am already feeling somewhat (______) about what constitutes as Western Gondor to our game. We got all of Rohan (East, Wildermore (technically apart of the Wold) and West but with Gondor, it looks like we won't be seeing the real West. Why is it that when the discussion about Rohan was in talks, they made a big to-do about wanting to get the landscape size right but with Gondor, it seems like it's okay to skimp.

It already feels like a letdown.

I know that what we will get is likely to be beautiful and we'll be in awe of the world that Turbine has built but I wish they would called it Central Gondor or something else.

Take a look at how huge Gondor really is and the Western Gondor we won't see in the next update.
    The last word in the post's title is one you way wish to remove from your vocabulary. While I'm sure your use of it was innocent, many view it as a pejorative. I'm not going to engage in a debate about whether or not it offends. There's plenty of synonyms which we can use instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    We've been thinking of the lands to the west of our Western Gondor as 'Far Gondor,' and if the story takes us there I expect that's what we'd call it. For now the main thrust of the story is at Dol Amroth and the cities to the east, as you might expect. I want places in which to play for the future, though, so I don't want to use up all the playable terrain too early, either. Let's save some of the stories in Far Gondor for later!

MoL
    I too was initially of the opinion that we should call it South Central Gondor. But after a little thought, I decided I'd soon tire of seeing [glff] and [world] constantly filled with those movie references telling me "Don't Be a Corsair to South Central While Drinking Your Dorwinion in the Hoodhellond." So I'm satisfied by the title West Gondor with the knowledge that we may get to see Andrast and points between when we one day venture to Far Gondor.
    Last edited by Moochi; Jun 30 2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typos, again & always, typos
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

MoL

Very Cool! That is one thing that is really impressive about this "world" there is so much depth and so much that can be done, with soooo many stories. I seem to focus on the main story, but I imagine there are many places to go see and experience outside of the main theme. I look forward to seeing it all.

Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    I too was initally of the opinion that we should call it South Central Gondor.
    This is also what we ran into back before launch, when we were making content in South Central North Downs.

MoL

MoL
    Although as far as I can tell checking the books it isn't "canon" Far Gondor sounds good when you consider nearby you have Far Harad (and Near Harad). I like it
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

The last word in the post's title is one you way wish to remove from your vocabulary. While I'm sure your use of it was innocent, many view it as a pejorative. I'm not going to engage in a debate about whether or not it offends. There's plenty of synonyms which we can use instead.
    Thanks! I edited it. It took some critical thinking on my part but after looking at the words and using some context clues, I can see how it can be offensive to those with Gypsy descent. Sorry, I often tell my students not to use "gay" as a pejorative and even talked about the term "indian giver" and here I am taught a good life-lesson myself.

I too was initially of the opinion that we should call it South Central Gondor. But after a little thought, I decided I'd soon tire of seeing [glff] and [world] constantly filled with those movie references telling me "Don't Be a Corsair to South Central While Drinking Your Dorwinion in the Hoodhellond." So I'm satisfied by the title West Gondor with the knowledge that we may get to see Andrast and points between when we one day venture to Far Gondor.
    I, too, now am satisfied with it being called West Gondor now that MOL said we might get Far Gondor someday.

MoL
    Oh good. I just thought that those land far off to the West were just off the table. Good to know we might get them someday. I hope this won't be too far into the future.

Maybe we'll get a Far Enedwaith or Western Dunland someday as well.

Oh good. I just thought that those land far off to the West were just off the table. Good to know we might get them someday. I hope this won't be too far into the future.

Maybe we'll get a Far Enedwaith or Western Dunland someday as well.
    Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa.

South Farthing, Tower Hills/Grey Havens, and Minhiriath to Tharbad first I want to use all of the North-South road ingame, gosh darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by lordatomicmoocow View Post
    Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa.

South Farthing, Tower Hills/Grey Havens, and Minhiriath to Tharbad first I want to use all of the North-South road ingame, gosh darn it!
    With Long Cleeve, the home of us North-tooks, somewhere in there, I hope. If not, Pippin may never find his Diamond.
    I've been searching for it ingame since '06. It's hidden in here somewhere, I just know it!
    Last edited by Moochi; Jun 30 2014 at 05:44 PM. Reason: embellishment
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Turbine, Inc.
    With Long Cleeve, the home of us North-tooks, somewhere in there, I hope. If not, Pippin may never find his Diamond.
    I've been searching for it ingame since '06. It's hidden in here somewhere, I just know it!
    Epic Book Idea: Pippin and Diamond Get Their Meet-Cute.

MoL

I really like the idea. Even should it not come to pass, I have now vaguely envisioned the scene, and am happier for having done so.
    It must be so fun at times, having a job where you get to create in this world, and knowing how entertained others are by your creations.
    [/FONT]

Would love to see a completed Shire. At least give us Southfarthing. The road to that section of the Shire has been locked away behind a hedge gate for FAR too long. MoL, any chance we'll see Southfarthing added to the game?????
    Last edited by donxavier; Jul 01 2014 at 04:57 AM.

This is also what we ran into back before launch, when we were making content in South Central North Downs.

MoL
    Straight Outta Hobbiton.

(Warning: explicit 18-certificate language on link, do not click if offended, removed HTTP to mean you actively have to paste it into browser)

youtube.com/watch?v=2f86R_Z0_xI

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I disagree with Turbine on a lot of game play issues, but one thing I have faith in them is world building.
    Truer words have never been spoken..
    (as long as they dont repeat the same textures.. i have noticed this plenty of times)

MoL
    Does that also apply to places like Tharbad, South Farthing and Northern Mirkwood?

Tharbad is getting some love not only in Cubicle 7's The One Ring rpg soon with the "Rivendell" and "Ruins of the North" supplements but also in Fantasy Flight Game's Lord of the Rings Living Card Game adventure pack for the Ring-Maker cycle called "Trouble in Tharbad."

It's never been better for Tharbad since MERP's Thieves of Tharbad!

Gotta love that unloved little place
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

Seriously? Shut up. I am really sick and tired of people and their freaking PC nonsense. This irritates me infinitely more than someone saying "gypped". Grow some thick skin or just keep your peanut gallery feedback to yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast