We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Expansion Pack

Expansion Pack

Has anyone bought the 4-pack expansion pack from the online store?

And if so is it worth the £30 ($40) that includes the 4 quest packs, RK and Warden classes (even though I already purchased the Warden class separately unfortunately), 2 additional character slots and skirmish soldier cap increase?

I thought it was worth it and happened to catch it on sale a few weeks ago at $20. If you think you might like to go see the content it is currently the best way to pickup most of the content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Runmymouth View Post
    I thought it was worth it and happened to catch it on sale a few weeks ago at $20. If you think you might like to go see the content it is currently the best way to pickup most of the content in the game.
    Ah I wish I had known about a sale on it! Is there any word if there will be another sale on it any time soon? I will still buy it I think anyway, it seems like good value.

Well, with the 4 expansions, you'll have smooth leveling from 50-85. Moria (50-60), Mirkwood (60-65), Dunland (65-75) and the Westemnet (75-85).

But, it is worth the $40?
    The bundle doesn't exist on the in-game store, so let's compare it to the a la carte menu. The 4 expansions cost a total of 8180TP. And, that TP would cost about $76. So the bundle is already saving you $35.

But, what if you don't want the entire expansion?
    Ok. Moria, Dunland and Westemnet have lower costing expansion quest pack variants, each costing 1k less TP than the expansion, but come with less features. The 3 expansions quest packs and Mirkwood would cost a total 5180TP. And, that TP would cost you about $52. So, the bundle would save you $12 over merely getting the expansion quest packs.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Well, with the 4 expansions, you'll have smooth leveling from 50-85. Moria (50-60), Mirkwood (60-65), Dunland (65-75) and the Westemnet (75-85).

But, it is worth the $40?
    The bundle doesn't exist on the in-game store, so let's compare it to the a la carte menu. The 4 expansions cost a total of 8180TP. And, that TP would cost about $76. So the bundle is already saving you $35.

But, what if you don't want the entire expansion?
    Ok. Moria, Dunland and Westemnet have lower costing expansion quest pack variants, each costing 1k less TP than the expansion, but come with less features. The 3 expansions quest packs and Mirkwood would cost a total 5180TP. And, that TP would cost you about $52. So, the bundle would save you $12 over merely getting the expansion quest packs.

Thanks for the numbers, I had not worked out the exact numbers but the savings are there. Also, I am not sure if your figures included the character slot and RK and Warden class costs, but if not that is over another 2000TP that will be saved so overall I think it will be a good buy and will go ahead with it

I think I had my mind made up a;already before posting this thread, I think I just wanted to hear some peoples experience with the purchase.

Thank-you.

I bought the quad pack for myself and my leveling partner. Neither of us loves all four of the expansions that it comes with, but we both enjoy it enough for it to be well worth the price. Especially if you can catch it on sale, it's the fastest way to open up that much content for leveling.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    I bought the quad pack for myself and my leveling partner. Neither of us loves all four of the expansions that it comes with, but we both enjoy it enough for it to be well worth the price. Especially if you can catch it on sale, it's the fastest way to open up that much content for leveling.
    Any idea when they might do another sale on them?

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeN13 View Post
    Any idea when they might do another sale on them?
    It's hard to predict, but in my (completely subjective) experience, it's based off of when it last went on sale, and what else has been on sale lately. TP-bought regions (e.g., Evendim) seem to go on sale every 3-4 months, and I think the expansions run on a similar cycle in the cash side of the store.

I do wish there was a way to track this, or a log of when things have been on sale. To my knowledge there isn't one, and I weep for it daily. >_>

It's hard to predict, but in my (completely subjective) experience, it's based off of when it last went on sale, and what else has been on sale lately. TP-bought regions (e.g., Evendim) seem to go on sale every 3-4 months, and I think the expansions run on a similar cycle in the cash side of the store.

I do wish there was a way to track this, or a log of when things have been on sale. To my knowledge there isn't one, and I weep for it daily. >_>

That's a shame. Would really love to see/know when the next sale will be so that I can decide whether to wait (if it is soon), or just go ahead and buy it if it is not going to be soon.

I will just have to go ahead and buy it I guess and hope the sale doesn't come directly after I buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZeN13 View Post
    That's a shame. Would really love to see/know when the next sale will be so that I can decide whether to wait (if it is soon), or just go ahead and buy it if it is not going to be soon.

I will just have to go ahead and buy it I guess and hope the sale doesn't come directly after I buy it.
    Someone in this thread mentioned it was on sale "a few weeks ago," and Google says that it was on sale for 50% off around the time that Helm's Deep was released in late 2013. If I were to guess, it probably won't go on sale again until Update 15 later in the year. Again, though, there's no way to know if that's right.

A big part in whether or not you should bite the bullet in paying the extra $20 is how badly you need the quad pack right now. It's a godsend to have for levels 50-85, but if your toon(s) are all level 20, you might not need it right now. If you're willing to roll alts and get them up to 50 until that sale comes back on, that is an option. Of course, that depends on how much you want to save the $20/redo old content.

Someone in this thread mentioned it was on sale "a few weeks ago," and Google says that it was on sale for 50% off around the time that Helm's Deep was released in late 2013. If I were to guess, it probably won't go on sale again until Update 15 later in the year. Again, though, there's no way to know if that's right.

A big part in whether or not you should bite the bullet in paying the extra $20 is how badly you need the quad pack right now. It's a godsend to have for levels 50-85, but if your toon(s) are all level 20, you might not need it right now. If you're willing to roll alts and get them up to 50 until that sale comes back on, that is an option. Of course, that depends on how much you want to save the $20/redo old content.

Tbh, the 50% off would be nice, but it is not a deal breaker. I was, and am prepared to pay the full price anyhow, which I am going to as I want to purchase it in the next week or so.

My main is currently level 57, and in Moria atm for the book quests, this is why I would like to purchase it sooner rather than later. My alts are all around level 25-35, so they are a way off the Moria region, but it will be nice to have it there and ready for when they arrive.