We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Champions duel

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeld View Post
    Pitting someone who can play the class to its maximum potential against baddies is not how you measure success.
    Yet it shows us that the champ is not all that miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgangus- View Post
    For sure, i definitely do not feel at all weak as a champ. Agree on the raid bosses, but I dunno how i feel about a potable slow, especially with hamstring as it is now. I'd prefer that resilience and whatnot work on it but not just a fear pot or whatever. I think the potency of the slow could be reduced though and maybe remove the outgoing damage debuff. Maybe not I dunno but it just seems a bit out of place, I'm not really sure.
    Resilience is just an OP ability. Needs its cd to be brought back to 2mins. Aside from that, no pots should remove this slow. Only brands/Resilience.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    Both excuses for champs having cd is gone. Raids are difficult and this slow is exploitative. Champions are much more potent in moors. Don't be a champions duel fanboy anymore plz.
    I personally don't like champion's duel and they can nerf, it but I don't feel like that we shouldn't get anything in return. I still feel to weak compared to many creep classes (or in other words It is so much easier to kill freeps with my Creep then the other way round, even if I can't play those classes well) A solid 50% uptime 50% healing debuff would be nice. Or a armour reduction skill that gives -8000 armour.
    I know that all ain't gonna happen but there are just some OP skills and (almost) every class has something and as long as that's not fixed the Champ shouldn't be nerfed. I'd still trade champions duel against higher attack speed (and I ain't talking about -attack duration but those insane after skill breaks like fero). Warden and Guardian still have higher dps then champs and both of them are having a much better survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by GilendirD View Post
    I personally don't like champion's duel and they can nerf, it but I don't feel like that we shouldn't get anything in return. I still feel to weak compared to many creep classes (or in other words It is so much easier to kill freeps with my Creep then the other way round, even if I can't play those classes well) A solid 50% uptime 50% healing debuff would be nice. Or a armour reduction skill that gives -8000 armour.
    I know that all ain't gonna happen but there are just some OP skills and (almost) every class has something and as long as that's not fixed the Champ shouldn't be nerfed. I'd still trade champions duel against higher attack speed (and I ain't talking about -attack duration but those insane after skill breaks like fero). Warden and Guardian still have higher dps then champs and both of them are having a much better survivability.
    I'd like to see Emboldened Blades affecting Brutal Strikes, and have a stacking -2% incoming damage, up to -10%, upon taking a critical hit. In my opinion, this would be just about everything we could wish for. Brutal Strikes would have a meaning again. I personally have no major issues with AD anymore.
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

yeah i don't see the issue if geared well. I know a champ on my server who can't be beat by any reavers on our server that currently play. he's just got a solid build. wargs are nothing now. bas are ok but we also don't have any good ones left on vilya either. Spiders are still tough but much better to fight against than before. I really don't see the problem people are having with champ now.

Simply remove the slow from the skill, it's 100% unnecessary. Really, what benefit does that slow have other than to stop creeps from running away, or to allow the champ to run away?(cowards fate, how ironic)

I've found myself not using champs duel in any 1v1s, or even some 2v1's for that matter. I just go back to my old rotation of utilizing hamstring a lot more. It works well enough, I would probably use champs duel more if it didn't have the slow, dps buffs are always nice.

Perhaps add a mechanic like guards have on some skills, to where it forces the target to attack the champion, but if they don't attack the champion they get rooted/snared for a short period of time.

It fits the skill, creep/pve monster gets challenged to a duel, if they decline the duel(by attacking someone else) they get shamed(snared)?

yeah i don't see the issue if geared well. I know a champ on my server who can't be beat by any reavers on our server that currently play. he's just got a solid build. wargs are nothing now. bas are ok but we also don't have any good ones left on vilya either. Spiders are still tough but much better to fight against than before. I really don't see the problem people are having with champ now.
    Sure the reaver can't beat him if they don't use any heal cd. Just warth the #### out of champs and it won't be so much of a problem until the champ kites the reaver to death and that was possible before U14. Warleader and defiler arn't beatable (at least on higher levels). I really can't tell with spiders i've beaten a few since U14 even undergeard, but those were shopped low ranks. If you nerf Champions duell now you will lose the position bonus you get angainst wargs and will be kited to death by BAs.
    I still don't see that champs are where they are supposed to be. But like I said I don't like Champion's Duel and would rather have an extra boost to our damage (by shorten our attack animations).

Sure the reaver can't beat him if they don't use any heal cd. Just warth the #### out of champs and it won't be so much of a problem until the champ kites the reaver to death and that was possible before U14. Warleader and defiler arn't beatable (at least on higher levels). I really can't tell with spiders i've beaten a few since U14 even undergeard, but those were shopped low ranks. If you nerf Champions duell now you will lose the position bonus you get angainst wargs and will be kited to death by BAs.
    I still don't see that champs are where they are supposed to be. But like I said I don't like Champion's Duel and would rather have an extra boost to our damage (by shorten our attack animations).
    sry mate, this is all cds on the table. wrath isn't as potent if the champ can easily outdps it. and fight on + heal procs + more morale = the champ taking MUCH longer to die as well. Maybe reavers on other servers are doing something right, but at least on vilya from my perspective champs are very much strong.

If you nerf Champions duell now you will lose the position bonus you get angainst wargs and will be kited to death by BAs.
    Have you forgotten champs have an excellent sprint? Even without champs duel you shouldn't be getting kited.

sry mate, this is all cds on the table. wrath isn't as potent if the champ can easily outdps it. and fight on + heal procs + more morale = the champ taking MUCH longer to die as well. Maybe reavers on other servers are doing something right, but at least on vilya from my perspective champs are very much strong.
    who are we talking about figgs?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

The slow on bosses = broke.

The slow on Creeps = WAI.

I mean really who does this slow effect? Not Weavers and Defilers or WLs. Just Reavers and BAs. What about BA's spammable slow? It effects Guards Champs Burgs and Captains. Not Ranged Classes.
    I say keep the slow, but break it into 2 effects one that bosses are immune to.

Its a solid working skill, and one of the few tricks we have up our sleeve.
    Ararax

Quote Originally Posted by ararax2 View Post

The slow on Creeps = WAI.
    Not in any stretch of the imagination WAI. Was a grams camp yesterday. Guess how many champs were out. 5 out of like 10 freeps. Why? Because champs can take creep damage now, can dish it out better and in conjunction with other Freep slows immobilize any creep. It's too strong.

Kind of ticking me off to see champs still defending this broken skill . Last post here for a while.

Not in any stretch of the imagination WAI. Was a grams camp yesterday. Guess how many champs were out. 5 out of like 10 freeps. Why? Because champs can take creep damage now, can dish it out better and in conjunction with other Freep slows immobilize any creep. It's too strong.

Kind of ticking me off to see champs still defending this broken skill . Last post here for a while.
    It is indeed astonishing to see a new generation of champs. Now, I hope I don't have to explain what that means.
    Brandywine

Kind of ticks me off seeing masochistic champs who want the class to slide back into last place. Try seeing things beyond your own perspective. Not all servers are like yours.

Eh, even with Champs duel I still have no trouble at all with 98% of champs.

Impale, Claws, Maul, and Eye rake are still faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtanion View Post
    Eh, even with Champs duel I still have no trouble at all with 98% of champs.

Impale, Claws, Maul, and Eye rake are still faceroll.
    Those problems belong to those classes, because it's faceroll against any class. But I can assure you that a champ with horrible movement can win to a reaver with the best, because of one broken skill. This is simply unacceptable. I've seen it when playing my reaver and warg: incompetents will just kite me to death with bad movement.
    I have yet to lose to a reaver (unless very good ones and r12+) if he does not crit Impale if I use CD, and I've won on multiple occasions with the reaver using everything with 1 simple mechanic: movement and skill range. They absolutely can't do a thing with a 50% slow on.
    I cannot believe that people dare to claim this mechanic needs to stay, but there is nothing I can do about it.
    Brandywine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3