We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Bag problems

Bag problems

Since returning to LOTRO after a year, I am having problems with the built-in bag.

1) I use the add-on Hugebag but even though I have installed the latest version of the add-on, it doesn't replace the LOTRO bag, I see the add-on bag plus all 6 LOTRO bags together. Unloading and reloading doesn't help. I tried another bag add-on and get exactly the same problem.

2) I then messed around with the LOTRO bag. I find the EDIT feature very difficult to use since it moves L-shaped groups of space, and now I have different sized bags. How do I return them to their original size? Is there a "default" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfur View Post
    1) I use the add-on Hugebag but even though I have installed the latest version of the add-on, it doesn't replace the LOTRO bag, I see the add-on bag plus all 6 LOTRO bags together. Unloading and reloading doesn't help. I tried another bag add-on and get exactly the same problem.
    /shrug.
    When you play around with addons, consult the person who made the addon.
    2) I then messed around with the LOTRO bag. I find the EDIT feature very difficult to use since it moves L-shaped groups of space, and now I have different sized bags. How do I return them to their original size? Is there a "default" option?
    You can manage the width of each bag with the bar on the right side of the bag. So, if you're having "L-shaped" space, it's because your bag's width has been changed to 4.
    You can adjust the width to back to 5, or more. And, you can drag and drop sections of 5 bag space from between the 6 bags.

But, I don't know of any option to return the bags to their default.

Add ons are player created and supported. Add ons are designed to work the version of the Lotro software that they were created or last updated for. As Turbine changes the game, the add ons will stop working properly. You need to contact the author of the malfunctioning plug in. Hopefully, they will update the plug in to work with the current version of the game software.

The big difficulty is that the authors make and maintain the plugins as a labor of love when they have time and feel like it. Eventually, most authors decide to stop supporting their plug in. In which case, you have to update it yourself. Or try and find someone that is willing to update it for you.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

There is a known bug that allows the built-in bags to display even though they have been disabled via Lua. This bug has been acknowledged by Turbine and will eventually be fixed. Meanwhile, AltInventory has been updated with a work-around and works correctly. Other authors can implement the same work-around but may choose not to since a fix is already in the works.

FWIW, for future reference, you should probably post issues and comments regarding plugins in the Lua Scripting sub forum of the User Interface & Lua Scripting forum section or on the download page of the actual plugin (most likely to be on lotrointerface.com) in order to more quickly bring the problem to the attention of the authors.

If you need help with the new Inventory Bags take a look at the Twitch feed

http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/c/3910543

It might explain the 'L' shaped bags
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Now that there's built-in functionality that lets you combine all your bags into as few as one bag, and sort items, it seems like most of what HugeBag does isn't necessary anymore. Admittedly it does seem to have some features that aren't native, but you might want to try just combining your bags and then decide if you even still want the plug-in.

It is very simple to reset the bag size back to its default configuration, it just takes several steps:

1 - Make a new character. This can be on any server. They are created with default bag setups.
    2 - Use /ui layout save <optional name>. This will save the ui layout, including bag size and position.
    3 - Go to a current character and use /ui layout load <optional name>. This will change the ui layout on the current character to match the saved one, including the bag sizes and positions as they were when you saved the layout.
    4 - Play the game and enjoy your default bag setup.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jadowyn View Post
    It is very simple to reset the bag size back to its default configuration, it just takes several steps:

1 - Make a new character. This can be on any server. They are created with default bag setups.
    2 - Use /ui layout save <optional name>. This will save the ui layout, including bag size and position.
    3 - Go to a current character and use /ui layout load <optional name>. This will change the ui layout on the current character to match the saved one, including the bag sizes and positions as they were when you saved the layout.
    4 - Play the game and enjoy your default bag setup.
    Thanks, this was just what I was looking for, ever since Rohan my bags have changed position every time I logged in. Then with the latest update, not only did they change position, they changed shape as well. Since I have 6 crafting characters and a mild case of OCD it was driving me crazy. But tried /ui layout save <character name> then logged out and back in, my bags were in the right place and the right shape.
    Thanks a bunch!