We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Deed progression for Virtues are not updating. They are only updating with accelerator purchase

Is this working as intended for free to play and premium? Do I need to pay 15 mithril coins to activate a deed in order to upgrade my characters virtues....How long does an accelerator last?
    What is the current situation with deeds and virtues - why are they not updating like they used to 7 years ago? If i pay for the monthly VIP subscription will deeds start updating again?

I thank you in advance whoever answers my questions

best regards,
    Herantonija
    lvl 58 champion

P.S. ... For example The Class deed for althletic which counts how many times i activate the burst of speed skill is stuck at 59. I purchased an accelerator today. This deed was updating fine with the accelerator but now that the accelerator timed out - the deed is not advancing numerically past 59? Can someone confirm that this is working as intended and that i need to pay a monthly subscription for deed and virtue progression. thank you
    [center] [color=yellow]Herantonija [/color] [color=green] (Class: Champion | Server: Brandywine) [/color] [/center]
    [color=purple] Professions (includes alts): [/color] [color=orange] Blacksmith, Tailor, Weaponsmith, jeweller and scholar [/color]

Never mind i found the answer on the FAQ stickied to this forum

"D16. Deeds (VIP to Premium)
    Any Deeds that you are currently in the middle of earning, you can continue. However, you won't be able to start on the next Deed if you have downgraded, and not bought the area that the deed is associated with."

So basically deeds do not work unless you are a VIP (monthly subscriber) --- OK no problemo i will sign up after work
    [center] [color=yellow]Herantonija [/color] [color=green] (Class: Champion | Server: Brandywine) [/color] [/center]
    [color=purple] Professions (includes alts): [/color] [color=orange] Blacksmith, Tailor, Weaponsmith, jeweller and scholar [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by mjollnar View Post
    How long does an accelerator last?
    There are different variants of accelerators with different durations.
    P.S. ... For example The Class deed for althletic which counts how many times i activate the burst of speed skill is stuck at 59.
    Class deeds are restricted as to how many time per day they can be advanced, which an accelerator will get around.

How many times per day the class deed can be advanced depends on the deed itself, but it's at least 10% of the maximum, but I know of one class deed that can be completed in one day.

Yep, a number of deeds including class deeds have daily limits. You can go over them with the accelerator.

You can do class deeds as ftp or VIP, it doesn't matter. VIP restricts virtue deeds until you buy quest packs (like, "kill 240 bandits in Evendim," or "do 100 quests in Evendim," or "discover all ruins in Evendim"), but class deeds (like "use this skill 500 times") are free.

Just wait a day and you can continue that class deed again, if you don't want to use a deed accelerator.

However, I see class deeds as such a boring grind that I'd never do them without an accelerator anyway. Even with accelerator, I only managed to finish one character's class deeds. I waited till that character was at cap, bought a couple of accelerators and did all class deeds at once. I stood in one place and did all buff skills, then I went to a few solo skirmishes and did all damage skill deeds.
    I don't know if I'll ever go through that again on my alts.

Also, when you reach cap, you will have lots of gold. Deed accelerators cost like 10-15g each in every server that I've seen. It doesn't seem worth to spend mithril coins or turbine points on them.
    Last edited by Geldeger; Jun 27 2014 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjollnar View Post
    "D16. Deeds (VIP to Premium)
    Any Deeds that you are currently in the middle of earning, you can continue. However, you won't be able to start on the next Deed if you have downgraded, and not bought the area that the deed is associated with."

So basically deeds do not work unless you are a VIP (monthly subscriber) --- OK no problemo i will sign up after work
    This is talking about deeds in a region that you do not own. For example, let's say you were in the Misty Mountains and you were working on the first giant-slayer deed as a VIP. After your subscription expired, you would no longer have access to the Misty Mountains area, so it would let you finish the first giant-slayer deed, but you wouldn't be able to move on to "Giant-Slayer - Advanced" when you finished. However, if you bought the Misty Mountains region with TP, then you would have access to that area regardless of whether you were VIP, and you would then be able to finish the deed.

Class deeds are free to all players, but like others have mentioned, they have a daily limit. Typically, if the deed progression bar turns yellow, you've reached the limit for the day. (The limits seem to reset at 9PM PST, which I think is midnight EST.)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisli View Post
    Typically, if the deed progression bar turns yellow, you've reached the limit for the day. (The limits seem to reset at 9PM PST, which I think is midnight EST.)
    Correct, the reset is 0000 EST. Though, it should be noted, that when the reset occurs, all bars will be set to blue. They won't appear to be yellow until after you log off/on, even if you have reach the daily limit on a given skill.

ie. If you log on at 2350, hang around for 10 minutes, the reset will occur at 0000. If you then perform Clobber 50 times (the limit to how many times the deed could be advanced per day), they bar on the Deed log will still appear to be blue even though it won't advance any more. You'll have to log off and back on for it to show accurately as yellow.