We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New Player

New Player

Hello, New Player Here, Wondering If I Can Enjoy The Game Without Spending Money?
    And Is there a timer before you can post to other threads?

Wishing to enjoy the game

Quote Originally Posted by Fordregon View Post
    Hello, New Player Here, Wondering If I Can Enjoy The Game Without Spending Money?
    By playing the game, you'll be working on deeds. Completing (most) deeds will earn you Turbine Points (TP), with which you can purchase things from the in-game Turbine Store.
    So, with diligence, you can buy just about everything without have to spend a single cent.

However, whether or not you will derive enjoyment from that experience is not a call I can make.

Though, if you are enjoying the game, it would be nice to spend a little money on it. The devs have an annoying habit of wanting to eat.
    There are posting restrictions on those that are new to the forums. The exact details of the restriction are not publicly known, and are said to change as the need arises.
    They are the result from massive spam attacks the forums faced at the beginning of the year.

Can Enjoy The Game Without Spending Money?
    You can for a while. But soon enough you will hit a province that will lock you out from questing.

Then you'll have to decide whether or not the game is worth paying for.

There was a really good deal last year. Black Friday. Where you got all the provinces unlocked for 20 bucks. (except for Rohan)

Wait for deals like that. Otherwise it will cost you too much.

Quote Originally Posted by katzenkrimis View Post
    You can for a while. But soon enough you will hit a province that will lock you out from questing.

Then you'll have to decide whether or not the game is worth paying for.

There was a really good deal last year. Black Friday. Where you got all the provinces unlocked for 20 bucks. (except for Rohan)

Wait for deals like that. Otherwise it will cost you too much.
    You don't have to pay anything. It is possible to earn enough Turbine Points (TP) in-game to buy everything needed.
    Of course, to manage this you will have to create several characters and run the starting areas over, and over, and over again which can easily become quite boring.

It is possible to do it completely free. Tip: Create a toon on every server and you can pickup 10 TP with an intro quest. This quest is found at the Hunter's Lodge in Archet. (At Jon Brackenbrook) You can do this only once on a server, but when you do it on each server it gives a nice amount of TP. And maybe you make some friends along the road who can give you some good advice. I did it completely free until lvl 45. I unlocked Evendim (good choice for a region to unlock!) with the TP I gathered while playing. It is possible to do this with all regions, but I decided that it was fair to give Turbine some money in exchange for a VIP status. They need money to develop new great things, right?? Good luck with your journey through Middle-Earth!

Wishing to enjoy the game
    Yes you can enjoy the game without spending money, you can enjoy more of the game if you spend money. LOTRO is a decent value if you go VIP, I have disposable income so a couple of hundred dollars isnt going to break me so take my advice with a grain of salt. That said, if you plan to play and invest time I'd take a hard look at going VIP.

I dont know if there is a time limit to post in other threads but I would advise you strongly to log off and not log back onto the forums until you have level capped one toon. You'll thank me later.

Want To Know More About Eglain

Hello there my good friends, i am back again for a new question and hoping for a good answer to it if you guys will. so here it is,

I am about to start a Eglain Kinship Theme and more dwelling in the lone-lands since i have found new friends there who would be glad to join me in forming one eglain kin and rping as one of them. i have read the eglain but it seems not like most other wiki it does not give in depth lore or background, i just want to learn more about them (eglain) before starting to make a kin associated with it. cause i really love to know the lore before doing one and making one and learning them so that i would have an idea on how to play my part or my role on it.

Please i do need any answers to anyone, even a good link will do, suggestions, opinions and advice are of course open,

thank you.

Hello there my good friends, i am back again for a new question and hoping for a good answer to it if you guys will. so here it is,

I am about to start a Eglain Kinship Theme and more dwelling in the lone-lands since i have found new friends there who would be glad to join me in forming one eglain kin and rping as one of them. i have read the eglain but it seems not like most other wiki it does not give in depth lore or background, i just want to learn more about them (eglain) before starting to make a kin associated with it. cause i really love to know the lore before doing one and making one and learning them so that i would have an idea on how to play my part or my role on it.

Please i do need any answers to anyone, even a good link will do, suggestions, opinions and advice are of course open,

thank you.
    I don't know lore well, so I'm not the person to help. But the topic is interesting and I think you should start a new thread specifically about Eglain lore. Your post is going to be missed by most people who can help.

Greetings!

You're quite right - there's very little information on the Eglain that isn't given in-game... these people were one of the groups that Turbine had to create out of whole cloth because there was so little that Tolkien wrote on the Lone Lands.

However, here are some points you can use (from what I remember of actual game-play):

* The Eglain are traditionally scavengers of bits of pottery and such, for trade with Bree. Since they've been pushed out of about 90% of their 'harvesting fields', there's a very real danger that the remaining Eglain may starve, since they paid for food with trade - trade that no longer exists.
    * The Eglain had once settled nearly all of the ruins in the Lone Lands (well, apart from Garth Agarawen, anyway) but the sudden invasions by Orcs and half-Orcs (from the North) and Goblins and Wargs (from the South I think) had inflicted heavy casualties. Obviously these people are driven for revenge, and to recapture the settlements they lost.
    * The Eglain would be (imo) mortal enemies of the Creoth hillmen since the Eglain would know that it is the Creoth that stirs the ancient horrors in Garth Agarawen.
    * I imagine the dark stirrings in Garth Agarawen would be terrifying to anyone - but especially to the Eglain, who are not a warrior people!
    * Plus, some individuals in Ost Guruth are being terrified by dreams - shockingly vivid dreams - of the sad-yet-terrifying woman who calls out to them from within the ruined fortress.

Anyway, just some points to consider in creating your kinship - I love the idea, by the way. Good luck to you, and hope to hear more from your Eglain kinship!

Also, the Eglain never touched the tombs of the ruins, as the Dunedain were very obsessed with Death, and they undoubtedly knew of the heir of Isildur, as they were friends of the Elves of Rivendell. (The men in the Ettenmoors are mostly Eglain.)
    Please read the post overhead and understand it fully before responding with overwhelming negativity to opinions you have no personal interest in, but still want to complain about. Don't troll the feeders. Great, you acknowledge the need to apologize, but I don't see an actual apology anywhere. Are you a politician by any chance? - xandervix_tog.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    I dont know if there is a time limit to post in other threads but I would advise you strongly to log off and not log back onto the forums until you have level capped one toon. You'll thank me later.
    That's rather odd advice. Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by TalianKross View Post
    That's rather odd advice. Care to elaborate?
    I can't speak for his advice, but if I had to wager, I'd risk saying that they were to keep the OP from getting bogged down by some people complaining of doom and gloom that seems to be pervading the forums as of late. So, if they avoid the forums, and simply play the game, they can form their own opinions without having their experience be tainted by the negative views of others.

Hello there as for me now i play the game and wait for the timer to wined down for me either to post in any of the forum threads and topics around, game is good even for FP2 user not so much but good still can do the epic quest then when i get tired of leveling or questing i just simply head to bree or ost guruth to rp with few folks i know and met in game i am contented in what i have as fp2 user of the game, good people and players, *Cheers

To be honest, I don't think you should pay for anything for a little while until you play for a while and decide if you want to stick around.

I think it's great that so much is available before you have to spend much. It should give you a lot of time to decide if you want to spend money on the game or not.

Also like many mentioned above, if you find that you like the game, it would be great if you paid a little for it. It would help the game continue to improve and give Turbine more reason to make more LoTRO stuff for us.