We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Installing Standard Res client

Hi all,
    I played the game before and I had Standard and High Res clients on my PC. After not playing the game for while I thought I'll give it another whirl.

I'm trying to reinstall Standard Resolution version by updating the old Standard Res client on my PC. However, the game keeps trying to download the High Res as well.

I tried starting to downloading the Standard Res from the website and then stopping it and then pasting the old Standard Res files into this new folder, but that again updates the game with High res files.

The thing is my internet connection is slow and I don't want to download another 6Gb.

I believe my Standard Res LOTRO folder now has some High Res files, but I don't know what they are.

Anyone know if I can delete some of them so the game would download only Standard Res updated version of the game?

Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000022b9e2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't think there actually are separate clients.

The difference between standard and hi-res is simply one file - client_highres.dat

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    I don't think there actually are separate clients.

The difference between standard and hi-res is simply one file - client_highres.dat

Hmm, I can't find that file.

When game is downloading, there are two progress bars, one is 4Gb for Lotro client and one is 6Gb for Hi Res client.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000022b9e2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I re-installed sort of recently too, and I found it to be super easy and obvious how to get the installation you want. Except not... It was super-confusing and unclear which client I was installing and how I was installing it.

Hope you get it worked out. At least you don't have a monthly bandwidth cap where you pay $100 in overage if a download is much bigger than you think.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO