We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Welcome Back Weekends is only 25% EXP Gain? wasn't it 100%

welcome back weekend on 25% EXP gain?, wasn't it 100% before for killing mobs, >_>

i do know that update 14 though, everything is supposedly suppose to have bonus on everything, mobs, and quests.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ULLROARER-ONLY

25%, 100%, doesn't matter, just another weekend where all my characters have their XP turned off.
    Recent immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    25%, 100%, doesn't matter, just another weekend where all my characters have their XP turned off.
    Turn off XP during the easiest weekend to level?

Meneldor:
    ~Rimenuir: hunter, officer Guardians of the Forsaken Woods
    ~Lumfatnur: warg, member In Breeds

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    Turn off XP during the easiest weekend to level?
    There's more than enough experience available in the game through quests without needing additional experience modifiers such as the daily VIP bonus or Welcome Back Weekends.

Also, learn2signature. https://www.lotro.com/forums/profile...=editsignature

thanks for replying, but my question is still the same.

Wasn't it 100% bonus exp before?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    thanks for replying, but my question is still the same.

Wasn't it 100% bonus exp before?
    It was. Turbine probably reduced the amount of bonus XP because of some players' complaints who did not want the bonus XP.

Lots of players don't want even more XP rushing us up through the levels. That's why we buy XP disablers, so we have some characters to play that won't get overlevelled whenever Turbine puts these xp bonuses out there. They should offer a "Stone of the superfast leveller" instead, so we don't have to put up with unwanted XP!

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Lots of players don't want even more XP rushing us up through the levels. That's why we buy XP disablers, so we have some characters to play that won't get overlevelled whenever Turbine puts these xp bonuses out there. They should offer a "Stone of the superfast leveller" instead, so we don't have to put up with unwanted XP!
    In every online game that I have over the years, the majority of players want to get to the level cap as quickly as possible. Bonus experience points events are an easy way to make the herd happy. The sale of experience point accelerators is a decent money generator. Turbine could make more dollars by adding a "Stone of the super fast leveller" to their current product list.

For people like yourself. Buy the Tortoise stone. Use it. It is a non problem. Last time I played Swtor they only had accelerators and bonus experience point events. There was no way to slow down or stop experience point earning except by not playing especially during bonus experience points events.

One thing I really like to see but Turbine would never let me at the data is how many Turbine Points are spent on temporary and permanent accelerators and on Tortoise stones. There were recently threads and complaints from customers because the two equipment accelerators no longer stacked. Update 14 will resolve this issue and allow stacking again.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    The amount of bonus is variable. We can set the amount when we make it available. This time we set it to 25%. You may see 50%, 75%, 100% at various times as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The amount of bonus is variable. We can set the amount when we make it available. This time we set it to 25%. You may see 50%, 75%, 100% at various times as well.
    Next March 14th can we get a 3.14% boost? Or even a 31.4%?
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    Next March 14th can we get a 3.14% boost? Or even a 31.4%?
    Only 3.14? That's not many digits, not very accurate. Apparently a spoiled pi. Holly must be slacking off again.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Or better yet, 42%! ^_^
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    In every online game that I have over the years, the majority of players want to get to the level cap as quickly as possible. Bonus experience points events are an easy way to make the herd happy. The sale of experience point accelerators is a decent money generator. Turbine could make more dollars by adding a "Stone of the super fast leveller" to their current product list.

For people like yourself. Buy the Tortoise stone. Use it. It is a non problem. Last time I played Swtor they only had accelerators and bonus experience point events. There was no way to slow down or stop experience point earning except by not playing especially during bonus experience points events.

One thing I really like to see but Turbine would never let me at the data is how many Turbine Points are spent on temporary and permanent accelerators and on Tortoise stones. There were recently threads and complaints from customers because the two equipment accelerators no longer stacked. Update 14 will resolve this issue and allow stacking again.

I do have the XP disabler for just this occassion, but at 495TP EACH, I can't afford it for all my characters so I am limited to what I can play while the bonus xp is on. Turbine should have made the Stone of the Tortoise bound to account not character. I have 19 characters each of which is used in different situations and for playing with different other players, tanking, healing, dps, etc., whatever my kin requires me to play. However while the bonus xp is flying around those characters are not available for the kin. If it is just for a weekend it's not much of a problems, but if it stretches on for weeks (as has happened before) then it is a real PITA!

In reply to your first point, LotRO is a rich world of adventure that some of us want to experience. Why do I want to skip past it all and get to a boring endgame where there is nothing to do except run the same things ad infitum? What a total waste of time, that's like only reading the last chapter of a book to see how things turned out and missing the whole of the story!

I have to agree. I would be far more inclined to sink TP into an XP-disabler if it was account-wide. And I understand that an account-wide item would have to be more expensive (perhaps 1k-1.5k TP?) but still... :/
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

There are more than enough xp boosts available from a number of sources, we really don't need any kind of % welcome back weekend bonuses...let me rephrase and say I certainly don't which is why all my characters have xp disablers and all were bought when they went on sale at various times.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

I do have the XP disabler for just this occassion, but at 495TP EACH, I can't afford it for all my characters so I am limited to what I can play while the bonus xp is on. Turbine should have made the Stone of the Tortoise bound to account not character. I have 19 characters each of which is used in different situations and for playing with different other players, tanking, healing, dps, etc., whatever my kin requires me to play. However while the bonus xp is flying around those characters are not available for the kin. If it is just for a weekend it's not much of a problems, but if it stretches on for weeks (as has happened before) then it is a real PITA!
    There have been sales on the Stone of the Tortoise (@195 TP) and there was just the big "Set your own Discount" sale.

I waited for a sale and loaded up. You can buy enough for all your alts as they are BoAcct when purchased and BoE for your alts. So you can get them stash them in shared storage and have your alts pick them up as needed.

There is the small detail that the Stone looks identical for each alt and there's no real way to tell visually so be careful if you store in the vault or un-equip it, because you might think you didn't have one on that alt and re-equip a second one. I just keep it in the inventory bag or equipped.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    There have been sales on the Stone of the Tortoise (@195 TP) and there was just the big "Set your own Discount" sale.

I waited for a sale and loaded up. You can buy enough for all your alts as they are BoAcct when purchased and BoE for your alts. So you can get them stash them in shared storage and have your alts pick them up as needed.

There is the small detail that the Stone looks identical for each alt and there's no real way to tell visually so be careful if you store in the vault or un-equip it, because you might think you didn't have one on that alt and re-equip a second one. I just keep it in the inventory bag or equipped.
    I missed that sale, I have only recently come home from a long stay in hospital. I would be interested in an account bound disabler at 1000-1500TP, but wouldn't waste money on any more character bound ones.

Lots of players DO want even more XP and feel that it is an unreasonable grind as it is right now which is why the double XP tomes are one of the best selling items in the store.
    [center]"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart." - Marcus Aelius Aurelius [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Okokdir View Post
    Lots of players DO want even more XP and feel that it is an unreasonable grind as it is right now which is why the double XP tomes are one of the best selling items in the store.
    Between quests, grinding deeds for virtues, gaining reputation (repeatable quests), crafting and all other features of the game... my character hasn't been doing her quests on-level since level 40 or so - she's now 90. Though I use one character at a time, I suppose it could be different for non-completionist players who want an alt class for every strategic occasion...

+1 to account wide exp disabler.
    Eglaniel's Roleplay Resource List
    your one-stop shop for all your roleplaying needs
    [Laurelin] Elven RP Community Feedback Thread
    is there nothing you would change?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnalee View Post
    Between quests, grinding deeds for virtues, gaining reputation (repeatable quests), crafting and all other features of the game... my character hasn't been doing her quests on-level since level 40 or so - she's now 90. Though I use one character at a time, I suppose it could be different for non-completionist players who want an alt class for every strategic occasion...

+1 to account wide exp disabler.
    It's very different.

Some of us hate, and I mean *hate* repeatable quests (grind), grinding deeds for virtues, crafting... We play for the endgame group experience with our long time and new friends. (Raids, PvMP, fellowship instances etc.) Due to the nature of finding the right mix of characters to be able to successfully complete a group instance, at times we are forced to use a different character class than the one we enjoy as our primary in order to allow the group to succeed. This means having to "grind" out this alternative character. Things like excessive experience grinds on those characters simply aren't fun at all. It takes time away from the gaming we do enjoy.

It's great that you really enjoy plodding through endless questing and on-level solo game play, but keep in mind there are a good portion of us who don't.
    [center]"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart." - Marcus Aelius Aurelius [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Thanks, and I learned
    Rimenuir | Fadhroreth| Daechamnir | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Rimenseer | Smicho | Rimensmash | Rimenswords |Fidough | Lumfratur | Lumhealz | Lumwebs | Lumleads | Lumreaver | Seekers of the Seven Stars : Kinsman
    Arkenstone Server, Originally from Meneldor '11

Quote Originally Posted by Okokdir View Post
    It's great that you really enjoy plodding through endless questing and on-level solo game play, but keep in mind there are a good portion of us who don't.
    I did keep that in mind -

Though I use one character at a time, I suppose it could be different for non-completionist players who want an alt class for every strategic occasion...
    Eglaniel's Roleplay Resource List
    your one-stop shop for all your roleplaying needs
    [Laurelin] Elven RP Community Feedback Thread
    is there nothing you would change?

I am perfectly capable of modulating my character's xp gains without a disabler, but I'm happy that those who want one can get one. it would be nice for Turbine to add a version to expansions in the same way they do for the 495TP per character boosters. What gets forgotten is that the disabler didn't go obsolete with level cap increases, while the boosters do (or did ... looks like the Stone of the Hornburg will scale to 99).
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

Just be honest and call it what it is, cheap tactics so people will spend money in xp bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdime View Post
    Just be honest and call it what it is, cheap tactics so people will spend money in xp bonuses.

Oh stop please. You can get xp bonuses from a variety of sources, loot boxes, quest rewards sometimes, so please be honest, they are not all necessarily bought with TP and no-one is forced to buy them. Buying from the store ( or not) is always a personal choice.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast