We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

question regarding account wide items

Does this mean they are tied to the account meaning no matter what server you play on each character you have can use that item? Example the new steed of rivendell. Or just for all characters on one given server? I'm wondering as I bought one of the new horses and while I play primarily on dwarrowdelf I have a friend on another server that I may be making a character on to join them...will the horse will for the newly created character on a different server?

Account-wide items like the account-wide version (not the less expensive per-character version) of the Steed of Rivendell, pre-order cosmetics, questpack unlocks and the currency cap removal are available for ALL your characters, no matter which server they're on. If you have several accounts you play on, you will have to purchase the account-wide item for each of them, though.

Regarding the account-wide Steed of Rivendell, all your existing characters should have received the mount skill and the War-Steed cosmetics traits upon their first login after you made the purchase. Any new character you may create in the future on any server will have a Steed of Rivendell item (which looks like a horse's head on a blue background) added to their inventory when you first enter Middle-Earth with them.
    Once your character has acquired the riding skill, you can then right-click this mount item to transform it into a mount skill and a set of War-Steed cosmetics traits (you'll see the latter scroll by in your chatbox). The mount item itself gets consumed by this. For your next character, a new mount item will be generated (and you can have several characters with the same kind of mount item in their inventory, don't worry about that).

What cannot be done is to create a character to receive the mount item and send it do a different character on any account (including your own one) because AFAIK mount items are always bind-on-acquire and autoconsumed to boot if the character is able to use them.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Yeah I found out you can't pass horse on when was wanting to give a previous horse I purchased to a friend if she came onto my server to play. Question though do you have to be a certain level? I logged onto a level 4 character have on another server that I don't play and didn't see the mount or skill...but I did also purchase the journeyman trait that adds speed bonus to horses and thought also included the riding trait but maybe I am mistaken in thinking that was also account wide....unless it is because the level four is still in the intro quests.

You'll need to break out of the intro area to get any "gifts" that you have accumulated, such as steeds, cosmetic items, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMack View Post
    You'll need to break out of the intro area to get any "gifts" that you have accumulated, such as steeds, cosmetic items, etc.
    No, you don't. Whenever I create a new character, all account-wide items are in their bags when I first log them into the tutorial. But you need to finish the tutorial and earn the "Novice" characteristic before you can use some of those items.

gerbilsrcute: When you say Journeyman Riding, I assume you mean the package which raises all mounts' speed to +78% (the +68% speed item has both an account-wide and a per-character version, though). This package is only available as a account-wide item, so all your characters will get it. Your characters get a gift-box which you can use to unpack four items which all look like sheets of paper. Three of those papers can be used right away, even in the intro (but two need to be used in a particular order). The fourth is the basic riding skill and you can only use this after you have earned the "Novice" characteristic (to do so, simply finish the intro and turn in the final, instanced quest to the first NPC you see in the game-world proper).

So, there is two possibilities for your little-used character. Either they hadn't used the riding skill item yet (then the item and the Stted of Rivendell item should be somewhere in their inventory) or they already had used the riding skill item during an earlier gaming session and when the Steed of Rivendell item was added to their inventory, it was auto-consumed without your doing anything (which is the usual thing to happen when a character with the riding skill acquires a mount) and the mount item was thereby removed from your bags before you ever saw it. In that case, check out the Mounts tab of your Skills panel. The Steed of Rivendell should be somewhere on that tab and can be dragged to a quickslot from there.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Thanks for the info.

Another question on account wide items; if you had purchased individually an item that was offered individually or account wide, can it later be converted to account wide or would you have to repurchase it at full price for account wide access?

Quote Originally Posted by Katbird1 View Post
    Another question on account wide items; if you had purchased individually an item that was offered individually or account wide, can it later be converted to account wide or would you have to repurchase it at full price for account wide access?
    AFAIK, you would have to pay full price for the account-wide version later. I think the Store handles per-character versions and account-wide version as two completely separate items, even though us humans regard them as two variations of the same item.

Buying the less expensive per-character version to find out if you like it well enough to invest into the account-wide option is not possible, I think, but it might be a way to make people perceive the higher price of the account-wide version as less of an obstacle for the purchase. Maybe Turbine should look into this in hopes of incresing sales to people who would never try out the item in question otherwise.

Thanks... I was afraid that would be the case but didn't know. I think it would be nice for those that can't always afford the account wide option at the time to be able to expand as they are able to do so. Hopefully they will consider this in the future.