Understanding Warnings, Infractions, and Bans.
Infractions are individual actions taken against your account.
Infractions do not expire.
Each infraction has a point value known as infraction points.
All of the above rules may have one or more severity levels that may result in more or less infraction points being awarded per infraction. A minor violation of a rule may only result in one infraction point being issued while a major violation could result in a 20 point infraction and immediate ban. Infractions typically carry, 1, 2, 3, 5, or 20 infraction points based on severity of the violation.
Some infraction points may expire 30, 60, 90 days or more after being issued. Severe violations can result in points that do not expire, and chronically violating the same rule can extend point expiration time.
Warnings are not counted against your maximum infraction limit.
Infractions never expire and lead to permanent bans as follows
• Free to Play accounts: 2 infractions.
• VIP and Premium Accounts: 10 Infractions.
Infraction points may lead to temporary suspensions or permanent bans as follows:
• 5 Active Points: 1 Day
• 10 Active points: 3 day suspension
• 15 Active points: 7 day suspension
• 17 Active points: 3 Month Suspension
• 18 Active Points: 6 Month Suspension
• 20 points (active or otherwise): Permanent
The Community Team reserves the right to assign temporary and permanent bans at will based upon the severity of an infraction.
* Automatic bans based on the number of infractions take all infractions into account, regardless of their Active or Expired status. If an account was above the limit when this change was implemented (August 2010) it will be banned if any further infractions are issued against it.
All visitors to the Community Sites are logged by IP address. We may occasionally ban a user by their IP address. Further abuse by users who have been IP banned may result in an abuse report to the user's internet service provider.