We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post [Laurelin] Elven Roleplay Community Feedback

Suilad, mellyn!
    If you'd like to share this thread, here's a handy link - bit.ly/LaurelinElvenRP
    You can contact me in game on Eglaniel.

What this thread is about -

I'm looking to gather some feedback from Laurelin's Elven roleplay community. I'm doing this in hopes of figuring out what it is that we want form our community, what is lacking, and finally, in hopes of unifying Elven roleplayers of Laurelin so that we can begin making those changes together!

All of your suggestions would be most welcome.

As an example, for me, personally, I would love to see more of the community throughout the Elven areas in LOTRO. I would love to come to Rivendell and 8/10 times stumble upon Elves strolling around and conversing. I would love to find scholars studying, discussing and teaching in the Library of Elrond. I would love to see Sentinels in Lorien and Mirkwood. I would love to see groups of Elves travelling West from time to time.

Yes, I know there are many drawbacks to some of my requests, but for now, let's pool our ideas together, see how many others out there want the same things you want, and then figure out how to make them happen.

If you're going to participate -

1. Please, keep it civil. If you have any personal feuds with certain role-players or RP kinships, leave them at the door.
    2. Staying on topic - if you have something you want to address with a specific person that does not relate to this thread, send them a message.
    3. Let's try to keep Negative Nancying to a minimum, as it is far too early a stage in this to cross out ideas. For now, let's focus on the dream. After all, we are the community - it's completely up to us to make changes or improvements - and I fully believe that we can do it.
    4. Also, just because I'm sure someone will bring this up - let's try to take the discussion beyond expressing annoyance at Elven RP in the Pony. We all start somewhere. I sure as hell didn't know about globallff, Laurelin Archives or the Hidden Channel when I first joined - it took me ages to stumble upon these things! So let's not alienate newcomers by focusing the discussion on criticising RPing as an Elf in the Pony (which, whether we like it or not, is not going to go away anytime soon) and instead, let's make lore-accurate Elven RP so good on this server, that no true Elf RPers would ever want to step foot in the Pony again once they found us.
    5. Link this thread to your fellow RPers! The more feedback and community involvement, the better.
    6. Feel free to message ideas or feedback about this thread - any questions you think should be added, and so on.

Additional: if you're willing and would like to stay involved, include your main's or Elven character's in-game name at the beginning of your post. This is just in case I or anybody else would like to contact you to further discuss your idea, try to make it happen, or anything else of the sort.

Feedback Form -
    Copy and paste the form below into your answer, the code should disappear and the formatting should work if you have BBCode enabled.

I made the form to re-focus our discussions and make sure that if we have newcomers wanting to see other's contributions, it's easy for them to find other's ideas. The form should also help us figure out the demographic of the Elven characters, which could be useful.

HTML Code:
    [HR][/HR][COLOR=#008080][SIZE=5]Feedback Form[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]Character(s): [/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#afeeee][I]Origin: [/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#afeeee][I]Home: [/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#afeeee][I]Kinship: [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]Are you satisfied with the Elven RP Community? Why/why not? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]What changes do you think would improve the Elven RP community? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]What would make Elven RP more immersive to you? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]What kind of events would you like to see? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]Where would you like the Elven RP hub(s) to be? Why there? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]Anything else? [/I][/COLOR]
    [HR][/HR]

Feedback Form Example

Character(s):
    Eglaniel
    Origin: Lothlórien
    Home: Lothlórien - sometimes found in Mirkwood and Imladris, though rarely further West.
    Kinship: The Children of Iluvatar - mixed race kinship, light RP, more gameplay focused.

Are you satisfied with the Elven RP Community? Why/why not?
    Not entirely. The community seems somewhat scattered and I wish there were more options in terms of RP events as well as RP kinship choices

What changes do you think would improve the Elven RP community?
    An established RP hub where Elven roleplayers could go when no events are taking place, an established kinship for Lorien and/or Mirkwood-based characters, a larger variety of events - ones based in other locations, as Middle Earth is so stunningly designed in LOTRO and its a shame not to take advantage of it! The new events could be bi-weekly or monthly so as not to overwhelm the community and take away from Hall of Fire.

What would make Elven RP more immersive to you?
    A larger variety of roles within the Elven community. As this would be quite an undertaking and commitment, let me preface the examples by saying that this could be taken care specifically during RP events - in advance of the event, roleplayers could apply/be assigned roles to perform during the events to make the experience more varied and immersive. For example: a few roleplayers in Lórien or Mirkwood could RP as Sentinels, patrolling the area. Someone else could be a Vinter, carrying with them a variety of wines and giving them to other RPers when they request so. In Imladris we could have people RPing as various members of the community, building on the already existing NPC roles (a stablemaster, stewards in the House of Elrond, Minstrels - though I believe Erennor is taking some initiative in making that happen!). It would also be lovely to see/take part in companies of Elves travelling from Imladris to the Western Shores from time to time, moving only at night and singing.

What kind of events would you like to see?
    Silvan Revelries was a great initiative - Wood Elves gathering at night to sing and dance, similar to the HoF event but catering to a different demographic of Elves and also a chance of scenery. I would also like to see monthly or bi-monthly marches from Imladris to Ered Luin, RPing travelling to the Western Shores. Moreover, we could have more combat-focused events, such as the training of young Elves (sparring and training dummies, anyone?) or excursions into the Wilderness near the Elven territories to control the mob populations.

Where would you like the Elven RP hub(s) to be? Why there?
    Although I would LOVE it if we had enough RPers to populate each of the Elven areas, I know this is not feasible. Ered Luin could be a hub for Elves of Lindon as well as newcomers to the server (conveniently, the Introduction puts us in those parts at the summoning of Elrond) - this would promote the Elven RP community to the new players. I think Imladris should be the secondary Elven RP hub, as it provides more reason for Elves from other lands to be there and is the most accessible lore-friendly place. Other places could be taken advantage of during RP events.

Anything else?
    Not at the moment.
    What you came up with -

I'll summarise the discussed ideas here once we have enough of them. I'll try to include possible problems and solutions, as well as points of contact if anybody wanted to get involved in making things happen.
    Last edited by ronnalee; Jun 27 2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Eglaniel's Roleplay Resource List
    your one-stop shop for all your roleplaying needs
    [Laurelin] Elven RP Community Feedback Thread
    is there nothing you would change?

This is not the first try to unite elven RP in Laurelin and neither you are the first person to think the idea. If you are really into it perhaps some background about the matter would help? In order to know why others failed before you.

Elven community of Laurelin has the deepest feuds, biggest disagreements, the most bitter jealousy. It is very much fragmented into small camps and so far any attempt to give it a more or less unified appearance failed. The biggest step towards to bring serious elven roleplayers (who has at least a bit respect towards the lore) together was Hall of Fire weekly events. Back then we were not considering this possible even when the feuds and rifts were greater. But it happened so I won't be telling you impossible and never ever stuff.

But if you truly wonder what these people behind lore respectful elven characters are lacking to set a unified Elven community... that is a dark pit to enter. I mean Hobbit community is keeping their Green Dragon event alive. In that community, rifts and disagreements though there are, far smaller. Therefore disagreements are not fully player compatibility based. Its rather character based. So while Hobbits and Elves are both played by more or less the same players, Hobbit RPers are able to keep their show going while Elves can't without severe communication problems. If somebody embraces the event, there is a tendency of a sharp drop in event attendance as a response to that person.

This brings Elven RP into spotlight. Contrary to Hobbit RP, Elven one is mainly based on --> BEING COOL <-- because elves are cool. In an environment where the mainstream idea goes towards being cooler you struggle to be the coolest. Or you fail in what you do. You do the better research of the past, you add another feature to your character that is inaccessible to less cool elves, you chose a line that was unheard of before... You do your utmost to be a cooler elf than your neighbour and eventually step on his toes. Because people hate to see cooler rivals than themselves. This is my six years of experience and idea about where the source of disagreements originate from. While Hobbit RP is based on fun, elven RP is mainly about proving your point and stature and this certainly is going towards a cataclysm in long term or short.

Attempts were made. Back in 2008 There were Duillond councils. Andarne came forward and like Vladimir Lenin stood up on a barrel and told us to unify about coming "darkness". Nobody unified because Andarne forgot to explain why some people had to unify with their sworn rivals. Back then they were rolling alts to spy each other. So these were also not petty disagreements I tell you. Not to be solved by introducing a cheesy IC unification reason such as darkness. Because the split had a OOC nature too. To go into the detail, the early fragmentation of Elven community back in 2008 after Eldar-i Silelen split happened mainly between the figureheads, Gilrandir - Mithithiel - Aldalin - Anglachelm - Seifor - Cironael and to a level Vingilotz. Behind them their much more vicious retinue who were pushing for more share of the Elven community. In between some of these names there were also OOC splits and doctrinal differences to Tolkien literature. Some were more inclined to play freely with men, some abhorred it and found the idea against Tolkien canon. Some of them hated the idea of Noldor in the third age, and some (us) were the proponents of the idea. The ideological split happened on kinship level. Since all these names were also leaders of strong elven kinships. Like Game of Thrones they formed allies to disintegrate each other from community. It’s the bitter past of this server.

So it eventually became impossible to unify the community. Because if one of these names were going somewhere, a certain share of the community certainly following them there and a certain percentage was absolutely avoiding the event. So we all understood that true unification was impossible and unfeasible. Then new players came into the play. Loth-Lonnath

Back in 2008-9 they made a Meluinen event with large contributions of the elven hardcore figureheads. It was one of a kind event and for once these strong names put their differences aside and made something near-spectacular. However not fully, there were folks picking up about the others approach to the battle situation. Somebody was marching discreetly and the other was in unfurled flags and horns. Even in laurelinarchives stories you would notice the bitter IC criticism of what others did which was stimulated by OOC disagreements. Until disagreements from people’s minds are eliminated it is possibly impossible to bring these people together for long term. Even with the best IC ideas.

From that event on the archaic disagreements between the kinships are seen less but ideologically they are buried deep within. Like indian axes awaiting to be dug out in the first sight of trouble, old disagreements are ever serving to the big factions of Elven RP as a volatile and dangerous weapons. When there is mud thrown to one of the kins in a channel you would see them resurfaced after like five years.

So if you look at the whole thing from a wider perspective, anyone who wants to unify elven roleplayers under a single direction either has to be the god, or must be indeed Gil-Galad himself or somebody of equal heritage or a magician with a good working wand. Because frankly I can’t see why people will find now a reason to go and RP with each other while some of us are even avoiding Hall of Fire for a lighthearted RP because aforementioned archaic reasons. Any form of unification must be starting for NOT a kinship base. But should be as neutral as possible. Still you will certainly see that kinships will go there in numbers to show off and prove who is the boss in this community. And that would repel the rest of them for sure.

If you are desperate to unify the RP’ers then write a petition to Turbine, let somebody from the lotro staff impersonate Elrond. That would maybe work. 25% chance of success imo

When three of us first formed the Warband of Imladris I wanted to see a unified elven community, but I was told at the time that it had been tried and failed. I was told the various reasons why by several players which I have long forgotten now as back then I was very new to the elven community. I found it very odd that over the coming months the other elven kinships accepted us as part of their community but would not always liase with each other. I used to quite strongly speak about the fact we should have a community not only for the elves but for all the roleplaying kinships with the dream that we could possibly all agree to one style of roleplay etc etc. I was met with replies saying bah that's impossible, very few were in favour of such an idea let alone actually trying to make something work. But I have seen it done and done very well in Ultima Online so it is not impossible, but the player base has to want to make it happen.

I kinda gave up after that trying to concentrate into trying to make the Warband work as a kinship alongside our other core members. Then the Loth I Lonnath appeared, a lovely kinship led by a very good player. They proved once more that co operation between kinships is possible in the event mentioned above in the North Downs. People will always have OOC disagreements, but those people need to try to keep the OOC problems away from whats happening in game otherwise it can be very destructive having witnessed such problems in the past.

You will always get differences between kinships and how they see elves in Middle Earth. Tolkien placed elves on a very high pedastool which the Turbine game LOTRO doesnt live up to, and so we roleplay things as best as we can. But there is no one way to roleplay this very old and embedded race, personally I just try to roleplay my elf the way I feel it should be roleplayed. I am by no means as well lore versed as some I have met in my many years playing my main elven character.

The Elven orientated Roleplay kinships of which their are relatively few with Bar En Vanimar being the most prominent have always been fair in dealing with one another from what I have seen these last few years giving respect towards the roleplay of others where they feel it is due. The leader of Bar En Vanimar and his Officers are very considerate players from my own experience and welcome interaction with other Elven Kinships. The Loth I Lonnath as I mentioned earlier are a wonderful kinship I remember them when they first formed and really enjoyed the roleplay I encountered with their members.

As of right now we have Bar En Vanimar and the Warband of Imladris based in character in Rivendell and the Loth I Lonnath based out of Ered Luin. There are other kinships with elves in them but they are generally mixed all race kinships less focussed as kinships towards elven roleplay. But that said there are some very GOOD players of elven characters of various kinships who I have had the pleasure of roleplaying with on Laurelin.

There is no reason why a stronger community could not be forged from what we have now should the core of the community wish it to happen. But to do so tools are needed.

We all due to real life do not spend a great deal of time as our elves in Middle Earth thus we would need a common place where we could come to discuss ideas in an OOC fashion. It would be here that ideas are passed about OOC with the end goal being in game events and roleplay. The Turbine forums is not the place to do this as it is not controlled by the roleplaying community. I did a while back now suggest to the founder of the Laurelin Archives that a common gaming forum be established on the site as the site is already widely known and respected by the player base, but I have still to convince him on that one. Such a place would bring us all together in one place and would be a good start, but it would need a lot of the elven player base to register and use it rather than say just a core group of Officers from across the various kinships hence I my idea of using the LAs.

This is just some of my thoughts and experiences since helping form our own Elven Kinship the Warband of Imladris and our contact with other like minded players of Elven characters.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

*listens with wide-eyed horror*

I am the player of Naurendal Ithilfen, a guardian from Mirkwood. This is the class I like ALOT. Disclaimer: I started on Landroval with a minstrel so this class is a steep learning curve and thanks to all the players who offered me advice. I wanted to rp more so I focused Naurendal on here (since I couldn't transfer between the two servers).

I'm a relatively newish player on the server, having an elf that I want to plan close to lore and recognizing that Turbine has taken some *ahem* artistic license with Tolkien's scope of work. I don't have the YEARS of entrenched hated/competition/bitterness that Daelith mentioned. I have interacted with a few elven characters and found it interesting and engaging. I can only say that I had one disappointing encounter with what I assume is a Tolkien adherent player that took issue with my character singing to the stars in Rivendell (I thought that's what elves kind of sort of do when they are frolicking/hugging tress and each other/drinking wine in relative safety ). I thought the hymn to Elbereth was safe. #lessonlearned

As a new player I would love nothing more than to be strolling along Celondim, Duillond, Rivendell or some other secret elf haunt (abandoned elf camp in Shires for example) and rp off the cuff with an older than dirt First Age elf/old player who's been here since open beta/cool elf player. Not that encountering a Quenya speaking elf that's not an unrepentant kinslayer wouldn't be cool. As it is, my character has rp'd spontaneously with more hobbits, dwarves and Men than elves. In Bree. In the Pony. And I am grateful for the player who knew their dwarven lore...Axes high, my friend..that was just a great bit of rp there! Almost inspired me to want to make a dwarven character...almost.

I think what Daelith said has merit, especially for a new player who isn't level 95 and not in a kin. It has given me pause to be leery of high level elf players of certain kins. I know that some players have solely rp toons that don't really go out and adventure and are attached in places like Rivendell. My toon is a workhorse..I adventure, rp, craft, go places she has no business going to just to see them. I can definitely see her answering a regional shout out or player event posted on the boards to do any of the things that Ronnalee mentioned.

As a newish player, I have a few questions...

Are the old school players so entrenched in their division that they would deliberately be disruptive?

Could they be called on to do a one time event, just for the fun of it?

I know that there are 3 main elf only kins...could these events be used as an opportunity to get to know more about them and their kin outlook? History tales by a first age/second age elf who's player has memorized the The Silmarillion would be cool. Or someone who actually took the time to write up some lore about some of the Turbine-based lore of the past. A sparring session with an elf to demonstrate how the different types of elves fight/weapons they favor. All cool.

I am acknowledging that Daelith has his or her ear to the pulse of this problem. I think it's sad that these old hardcore players won't deign to play with an elven character that isn't a cookie-cutter version of themselves or not even "on their level". Unless you're high level, Rivendell is an effort to get to, Lothlorien is an definitely effort to get to, Mirkwood is just insane. So...where does one meet other elves except in the starter places (where these people don't go) and Rivendell open areas (again, where these people don't go? ) I'm not in the league of Gil-Galad, much less the dirt he walked on long ago. I'm here to have fun with a class I wish I started on. Events that Daelith spoke of happened 6/7 YEARS ago... That is some high powered hater-aid these folks are drinking if the grudge is still there. In that case, I agree it's best to let that sleeping dragon lie.

I think I answered all four of your questions. Thanks for bringing this issue up.

PS: what hidden channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    So if you look at the whole thing from a wider perspective, anyone who wants to unify elven roleplayers under a single direction either has to be the god, or must be indeed Gil-Galad himself or somebody of equal heritage or a magician with a good working wand.
    This.

I play Tanathon, a Sentinel of the Woodland Realm that is now a Scout of Elrond (kinship) to pass on intelligence to King Thranduil.
    My experience from RP on Laurelin are not even in their adolescence, half a year perhaps or so. But, there are many, good, friendly,
    Elven players. So the community stands, though individually. If you look at the whole, it is disastrous. Us, Elves, are scattered,
    divided, held back or pushed back by whatever reason. Feuds, lore, OOC or IC reasons... Plus, as Khalis mentioned the major kinships
    polarise the RP more or less (no offence meant), they get along pretty well it seems. But there are tons of other players that RP an Elf
    that in despair or from the need for RP go to the Pony in Bree... Initiatives in major RP hubs failed often if they are out of Eriador.
    My advice for ALL races: get the hell out of Bree, see the world! Rohirrim, Gondorians, ... alike. But it hurts to see Elves in the Pony,
    when on a Man Alt. Some really just go there to fill the immense lack of RP, but they go down as ordinary Men after a while... They do.

Thanks everyone for their contributions, I'll try to break my responses to each of you down a bit.

This is not the first try to unite elven RP in Laurelin and neither you are the first person to think the idea. If you are really into it perhaps some background about the matter would help? In order to know why others failed before you.

Elven community of Laurelin has the deepest feuds, biggest disagreements, the most bitter jealousy. It is very much fragmented into small camps and so far any attempt to give it a more or less unified appearance failed. The biggest step towards to bring serious elven roleplayers (who has at least a bit respect towards the lore) together was Hall of Fire weekly events. Back then we were not considering this possible even when the feuds and rifts were greater. But it happened so I won't be telling you impossible and never ever stuff.

But if you truly wonder what these people behind lore respectful elven characters are lacking to set a unified Elven community... that is a dark pit to enter. I mean Hobbit community is keeping their Green Dragon event alive. In that community, rifts and disagreements though there are, far smaller. Therefore disagreements are not fully player compatibility based. Its rather character based. So while Hobbits and Elves are both played by more or less the same players, Hobbit RPers are able to keep their show going while Elves can't without severe communication problems. If somebody embraces the event, there is a tendency of a sharp drop in event attendance as a response to that person.
    Thank you for your considered response, Daelith. I have seen some hints of the old feuds manifest, though I am saddened to hear just how deep these cracks go. Still, it's incredibly helpful to hear the history behind the problem.

To clarify my intentions - I have been on LOTRO since Code Masters days, though I only got serious about RPing (in the game) in the past couple of years. Real life issues take me away from the game for weeks or months at times, so I imagine despite my continued presence many are not familiar with me. As such, I have not seen nor been a part of any of the feuds you mention nor have any interest in taking sides or sparking future drama.

I am, simply put, a lone role-player still trying to find my "group", and having had great difficulty with becoming part of the community, I simply wish to help make some changes to improve the experience for others like me, as well as newcomers to role-play, Elven role-play, or the server itself. I also have no interest in becoming any sort of leader in this - I merely wish to be a facilitator of the discussion, and provide an opportunity and forum for each individual Elf role-player to speak up.

(...)
    So it eventually became impossible to unify the community. Because if one of these names were going somewhere, a certain share of the community certainly following them there and a certain percentage was absolutely avoiding the event. So we all understood that true unification was impossible and unfeasible. Then new players came into the play. Loth-Lonnath

Back in 2008-9 they made a Meluinen event with large contributions of the elven hardcore figureheads. It was one of a kind event and for once these strong names put their differences aside and made something near-spectacular. However not fully, there were folks picking up about the others approach to the battle situation. Somebody was marching discreetly and the other was in unfurled flags and horns. Even in laurelinarchives stories you would notice the bitter IC criticism of what others did which was stimulated by OOC disagreements. Until disagreements from people’s minds are eliminated it is possibly impossible to bring these people together for long term. Even with the best IC ideas.

From what you said here, would it be accurate for me to surmise that part of the continued divide comes from loyalty manifesting as group mentality? One person decides for or against something, their friends and allies follow? In that case, since you describe the kin-leaders and other RPers as influential key-players, perhaps it would be productive for me to contact and speak to the them and hear their story, their grievances, and what they wish from roleplaying and the community.

So if you look at the whole thing from a wider perspective, anyone who wants to unify elven roleplayers under a single direction either has to be the god, or must be indeed Gil-Galad himself or somebody of equal heritage or a magician with a good working wand. Because frankly I can’t see why people will find now a reason to go and RP with each other while some of us are even avoiding Hall of Fire for a lighthearted RP because aforementioned archaic reasons. Any form of unification must be starting for NOT a kinship base. But should be as neutral as possible. Still you will certainly see that kinships will go there in numbers to show off and prove who is the boss in this community. And that would repel the rest of them for sure.

If you are desperate to unify the RP’ers then write a petition to Turbine, let somebody from the lotro staff impersonate Elrond. That would maybe work. 25% chance of success imo

Your answer was very informative indeed and I thank you for it. I agree, having read what you said, that it would take a god-like individual to make these changes... fortunately, it was never my intention for this task to be down to an individual I am taking the initiative to facilitate the discussion, yes, but I have no interest in working alone. I hope only for this to be a start of a discussion that we all partake in, and following that, decide on and make changes in a democratic manner. That's why and how I believe this can be done - together.

Look even at this thread so far - I started it 2 days ago, advertised it very widely and addressed many players personally. The views kept racking up, but no one was biting - until you posted, which is when others decided to contribute as well. This group mentality is not surprising, since we all feel that it would take more than one person to make changes even if the idea is good. So, we can use the group mentality which has perhaps been hurting the community and use it somewhat to our advantage. The more people willing to give this a shot, the more likely others are to listen. And that's all it takes to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalis_Laurelin View Post
    When three of us first formed the Warband of Imladris I wanted to see a unified elven community, but I was told at the time that it had been tried and failed. I was told the various reasons why by several players which I have long forgotten now as back then I was very new to the elven community. I found it very odd that over the coming months the other elven kinships accepted us as part of their community but would not always liase with each other. I used to quite strongly speak about the fact we should have a community not only for the elves but for all the roleplaying kinships with the dream that we could possibly all agree to one style of roleplay etc etc. I was met with replies saying bah that's impossible, very few were in favour of such an idea let alone actually trying to make something work. But I have seen it done and done very well in Ultima Online so it is not impossible, but the player base has to want to make it happen.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who feels strongly about this, and I welcome you to join the cause while keeping your time and focus on your growing kinship, which I've heard great things about. I can offer devoting my time in this in exchange for your support, if you're still interested in making positive changes.

Although I imagine with UO it might be slightly different (since LOTRO is based on Tolkien's lore, which carries extreme depth and certain expectations), we don't need to have lofty goals such as getting the whole community to agree on one style of roleplay. My aim is merely to make the community more visible to new players, more accessible, and well, more active - through larger, collaborative and engaging story lines and player-run events that would welcome everyone.

There is no reason why a stronger community could not be forged from what we have now should the core of the community wish it to happen. But to do so tools are needed.

We all due to real life do not spend a great deal of time as our elves in Middle Earth thus we would need a common place where we could come to discuss ideas in an OOC fashion. It would be here that ideas are passed about OOC with the end goal being in game events and roleplay. The Turbine forums is not the place to do this as it is not controlled by the roleplaying community. I did a while back now suggest to the founder of the Laurelin Archives that a common gaming forum be established on the site as the site is already widely known and respected by the player base, but I have still to convince him on that one. Such a place would bring us all together in one place and would be a good start, but it would need a lot of the elven player base to register and use it rather than say just a core group of Officers from across the various kinships hence I my idea of using the LAs.

This is just some of my thoughts and experiences since helping form our own Elven Kinship the Warband of Imladris and our contact with other like minded players of Elven characters.

I agree with all of the above, and I also contacted the people behind LA to discuss the possibility of a forum. From their response I gather that they are aware of how sour things could get if this was possible, and wishing to avoid drama and more experienced players bashing the newbies and creating a toxic environment, they told me that they they have no plans to implement such a feature. To be honest, I understand their take on this.

Perhaps in the future somebody could begin new independent forums for the whole community at large. I would certainly be up for trying that, though for now I think we ought to see where this discussion goes and how many people would wish for a new platform to communicate. I think the most important thing would be finding role-players who not only have the time to commit to such an endeavour, but also can stay neutral and fair to any conflicts, putting their own potential loyalties aside.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHuggerSong View Post
    As a new player I would love nothing more than to be strolling along Celondim, Duillond, Rivendell or some other secret elf haunt (abandoned elf camp in Shires for example) and rp off the cuff with an older than dirt First Age elf/old player who's been here since open beta/cool elf player. Not that encountering a Quenya speaking elf that's not an unrepentant kinslayer wouldn't be cool.

As a newish player, I have a few questions...

Are the old school players so entrenched in their division that they would deliberately be disruptive?

Could they be called on to do a one time event, just for the fun of it?

I know that there are 3 main elf only kins...could these events be used as an opportunity to get to know more about them and their kin outlook? History tales by a first age/second age elf who's player has memorized the The Silmarillion would be cool. Or someone who actually took the time to write up some lore about some of the Turbine-based lore of the past. A sparring session with an elf to demonstrate how the different types of elves fight/weapons they favor. All cool.

I am acknowledging that Daelith has his or her ear to the pulse of this problem. I think it's sad that these old hardcore players won't deign to play with an elven character that isn't a cookie-cutter version of themselves or not even "on their level". Unless you're high level, Rivendell is an effort to get to, Lothlorien is an definitely effort to get to, Mirkwood is just insane. So...where does one meet other elves except in the starter places (where these people don't go) and Rivendell open areas (again, where these people don't go? ) I'm not in the league of Gil-Galad, much less the dirt he walked on long ago. I'm here to have fun with a class I wish I started on. Events that Daelith spoke of happened 6/7 YEARS ago... That is some high powered hater-aid these folks are drinking if the grudge is still there. In that case, I agree it's best to let that sleeping dragon lie.

I think I answered all four of your questions. Thanks for bringing this issue up.

PS: what hidden channel?

Perhaps one of the older players could answer these questions Thank you for your contribution. As for getting to higher-level places, I'm sure many players would be up for either escorting your character, and other young characters there, or summoning them - I definitely could with my hunter. Also, I sent you a message about the hidden channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vannende View Post
    This.

I play Tanathon, a Sentinel of the Woodland Realm that is now a Scout of Elrond (kinship) to pass on intelligence to King Thranduil.
    My experience from RP on Laurelin are not even in their adolescence, half a year perhaps or so. But, there are many, good, friendly,
    Elven players. So the community stands, though individually. If you look at the whole, it is disastrous. Us, Elves, are scattered,
    divided, held back or pushed back by whatever reason. Feuds, lore, OOC or IC reasons... Plus, as Khalis mentioned the major kinships
    polarise the RP more or less (no offence meant), they get along pretty well it seems. But there are tons of other players that RP an Elf
    that in despair or from the need for RP go to the Pony in Bree... Initiatives in major RP hubs failed often if they are out of Eriador.
    My advice for ALL races: get the hell out of Bree, see the world! Rohirrim, Gondorians, ... alike. But it hurts to see Elves in the Pony,
    when on a Man Alt. Some really just go there to fill the immense lack of RP, but they go down as ordinary Men after a while... They do.
    I agree, as much as we like to complain about Elves in the Pony, I do believe that many of them would much rather have more realistic and immersive roleplay outside of it with other Elves. They simply do not know where to go or find the community. Making the community more visible in starter areas (which I believe the Loth-I-Lonnath are helping with, regardless of whether it was their intention or not) might help with that. Others still may not know enough about the lore, but that is not to say that they would not learn. For those who choose to roleplay clear-cut lore-breaking Elves, well... I say to each their own. They can stay in the Pony, where they will be accepted by many, while the rest of us follows the lore and have our adventures in appropriate areas.

Thank you to everyone for their contributions so far, though perhaps we could now begin to move away from history and old feuds - I'd now love to hear more of everyone's thoughts on what they'd love to see from our community, be it something that hasn't been tried before, something that failed, or something that succeeded.
    Last edited by ronnalee; Jun 26 2014 at 04:15 PM.

Thank you to everyone for their contributions so far, though perhaps we could now begin to move away from history and old feuds - I'd now love to hear more of everyone's thoughts on what they'd love to see from our community, be it something that hasn't been tried before, something that failed, or something that succeeded.
    I initially I think your idea to unite the elven comminity is good Ronnelee, but I personally think the elven community works well enough. From your replies and the background I see you write that you are a lone-roleplayer trying to find your "group" So my question to you is: Do you think you have enough background information to call out to the different kinships to create a better community? I guess I am not sure what the intention is and what we are trying to achieve.

The biggest Elven Kins are very location based. My Kin is in Ered Luin, and there are other Kins based in Rivendell and Lorien: Some are Noldors etc. But this is something teh creators have chosen from Lore for their Background, and many follows the Lore as much as they can, and stick with the story. I do not mind that the elven Kin choose that approach, because that is what a RP storybased Kin do. It wouldnt make sense that all of this Kins got together and did a big grouphug.

During the years of RP (elven mainly) I have got to know many Kins and individual Roleplayers (I am a part of Loth I Lonnath) yes there has been some feuds, disagreements. But imo this is all history. There is very little drama to been seen, infact i wish it was more.. heheh. because whether I like it or not. It makes the community more vibrant and alive. Rivalery is never a bad thing, then you put a lot of pride in making your Kin as good as possible and unique. some put also much pride in lore, and that has opened up for much discussion and debates. Why not? it only shows much enthusiasm and much love for the Lore.

From a social Rp point of view:
    Halls of Fire that has become a weekly event each wednesday have somehow been a huge part to unite the Kins a little bit more. There are some great individulas from the different Kins to been seen. I view this event a more social lighthearted RP event. It is a good event if you wanna get to know other Roleplayers and knit bonds (which I think is what you aim for?) But again this is not everyones cup of tea either, since many likes to stick with their individuals stories attached to the Kin background.

You asks for a success story. I recall a event called "Gathering of Storm" when we had some assaults based around the area in Meluinen in North Downs. Many different elven Kins came and it was a huge success as far as I could see. But this stories require lots of investment and investigation. because you need to know a little bit about the others Kin, so you can make a "reason" for them to join this events.
    I also recall a event called "Ting" event where we tried to make alliances with Elfs/dwarf. Many camed back then too (because then the different Kins had a reason to come).

So based on this I think the questions raised is covered.
    Last edited by Achy; Jun 26 2014 at 07:37 PM.
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Achy View Post
    I initially I think your idea to unite the elven comminity is good Ronnelee. From your replies and the background I see you write that you are a lone-roleplayer trying to find your "group" So my question to you is: Do you think you have enough background information to believe that the elven community must unite more? I guess I am not still quite sure what the intention is.
    A valid question.

Although I described myself as a lone role-player above, as I mentioned before, I've been RPing and working on my character for 2 years. I've had the chance to see the community as it is today, if not the big feuds and dramas of 6 years ago. I have also conversed with many RPers, both on the Hidden Channel and privately, and many have expressed a sentiment similar to mine.

Being part of the Loth-I-Lonnath, a few of whose members I have had the utmost pleasure of conversing and roleplaying with (if not for Gaellanthir, I still would not know of the Hidden Channel!), I can see why you would be quite happy with your experience of the community. But not everybody will want to join an RP-only kinship - there ARE roleplayers who are interesting in playing the game as well, and those might enjoy the benefits of a more game-oriented kinships. Others still - such as myself - would wish to join an RP kinship, but they might not find one that feels like it would fit with their character. But does that mean those players should not get to enjoy the full scope of the Elven community?

During the years of RP (elven mainly) I have got to know many Kins and individual Roleplayers (I am a part of Loth I Lonnath) yes there has been some feuds, disagreements. But imo this is all history. There is very little drama to been seen, infact i wish it was more.. heheh. because whether I like it or not. It makes the community more vibrant, alive and intruiging. And Rivalery is never a bad thing, then you put a lot of pride in making your Kin as good as possible and unique.
    I agree that rivalry is not a bad thing, and can be quite thrilling in a roleplay, as long as in-character feuds don't translate to poor interpersonal relations with other role-players, which I've heard can be the case.

The biggest Elven Kins are eventhough very location based. My Kin is in Ered Luin, and there are other Kins based in Rivendell and Lorien: Some are Noldors etc. But this is something teh creators have chosen from Lore for their Background, and many follows the Lore as much as they can, and stick with the story. I do not mind that the elven Kin choose that approach, it makes the other kins more exotic. It wouldnt make sense that all of this Kins got together and did a big grouphug.
    And though I fully agree with this location-based approach, I'd like to clarify I didn't intend my post to sound like I want everyone to play together all the time. No, not at all - as you say, it wouldn't be very realistic for all these kinships from all corners of Middle Earth to run into each other all the time.

As someone RPing a Silvan Elf of Lorien, I must say that I feel shortchanged. Even though you claim otherwise, the Lorien-based kinships are either no longer active, not nearly as large, and definitely not as successful as Vanimar or Loth-I-Lonnath. In fact, the only one I came across was Talan Reeger, led by Reeger - lovely folk, loved RPing with them, but I'm unlikely to stroll into Lorien and find them Roleplaying, or even see them about - due to their small number. This is not the case with some of the Ered Luin and Imladris-based kinships.

As someone who can't always commit to a certain day at a certain time, if I joined an RP kinship, I'd expect that I can give a shout on the kinship chat and have several different RPers to roleplay with. This might, sadly, not be possible with a smaller kin.

And let's not even get started on Mirkwood - I don't believe I've heard of a single kinship catering to characters that come from there.

From a social Rp point of view:
    Halls of Fire that has become a weekly event each wednesday have somehow been a huge part to unite the Kins a little bit more. There are some great individulas from the different Kins to been seen, and to knit more bonds with other individuals from other Kin.

I love HoF dearly and am grateful for its existence. But as a role-player, its not enough for me. As much as I appreciate the event and the brilliant RPers I've met there, being in the same room with the same premise every week can get repetitive.

Who really could complain about more events?

For instance, someone came up with an one ("To the western Elven lands") which would involve a company of Elves marching through the Shire at night to Celondim, RPing someone's Last Journey to the West - imagine the possibilities of that, not to mention lore-appropriately brushing against other races. Better yet if the journey was made from Imladris! Ah.

Unfortunately, the creators of the event had to abandon it, I believe due to real-life going-ons, and nobody picked it up.

But my point is: could we really complain about more events? Location-based as the kinships are, but open to the public and other kinships?

Perhaps kinships local to the land could even host them - this way every kinship would get their chance in the spotlight and it would also, perhaps, promote more inter-kinship relations and healthy rivalry.

You asks for a success story. I recall a event called "Gathering of Storm" when we had some assaults based around the area in Meluinen in North Downs. Many different elven Kins came and it was a huge success as far as I could see. I also recall a event called "Ting" event where we tried to make alliances with Elfs/dwarf. Many camed back then too.

So based on this I think the questions raised is covered.
    That does sound interesting. Would you like to see such things again or are you content with the current state of affairs?

I am not a Laurelin player, just a RPer who loves well RPed elves and sees them too rarely, so my comment is only this.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHuggerSong View Post
    I can only say that I had one disappointing encounter with what I assume is a Tolkien adherent player that took issue with my character singing to the stars in Rivendell (I thought that's what elves kind of sort of do when they are frolicking/hugging tress and each other/drinking wine in relative safety ). I thought the hymn to Elbereth was safe. #lessonlearned
    You weren't in the wrong whatsoever. The hymn to Elbereth is sung in the Hall of Fire in Rivendell. There is no reason that an Elf cannot sing it outside that hall *that Tolkien ever specified*. What that player presented was opinion and opinion only. He may have had some backing in what he's read from HoMe, but depending on who you talk with some do not consider that even canon-- and there is definitely nothing in LOTR, the Silm, or the Hobbit that says that singing that specific song is not allowed. I hope you did not take this player's words for solid 'you must do this' and that you sing that hymn whenever you darn well please.

I wish you all best of luck in your Elvish community, and that you can somehow get old feuds to simply lie. When years have passed, new beginnings are certainly a good place to start. And... no one Tolkien fanatic is more 'right' than another one when Tolkien changed his mind so darn often and left so many things to interpretation... =)

Good luck!
    Last edited by Laire; Jun 27 2014 at 12:46 AM.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by ronnalee View Post
    A valid question.

Although I described myself as a lone role-player above, as I mentioned before, I've been RPing and working on my character for 2 years. I've had the chance to see the community as it is today, if not the big feuds and dramas of 6 years ago. I have also conversed with many RPers, both on the Hidden Channel and privately, and many have expressed a sentiment similar to mine.

Being part of the Loth-I-Lonnath, a few of whose members I have had the utmost pleasure of conversing and roleplaying with (if not for Gaellanthir, I still would not know of the Hidden Channel!), I can see why you would be quite happy with your experience of the community. But not everybody will want to join an RP-only kinship - there ARE roleplayers who are interesting in playing the game as well, and those might enjoy the benefits of a more game-oriented kinships. Others still - such as myself - would wish to join an RP kinship, but they might not find one that feels like it would fit with their character. But does that mean those players should not get to enjoy the full scope of the Elven community?

Speaking for myself I am a part of a non-RP Kin. I have nearly all my characters there. I was intruiged by the elven community and the Kins there. Then I simply made some elven characters and made them fit into those Kinship. Because why should I create a Elven character that did not fit to any of those Kin, and still be unhappy that there was no RP going on? I think if you want RP you must do some effort yourself. You cannot expect the people to come out there for you and make the world wonderful for you, That is a little bit Idiologist and belongs to a perfect world. Just trying to be realistic.

Of course I do agree that more events would be awesome, and I am sure more events will happens. They might not be rergularly of course, as I know the most established elven-Kin has enough with their regularly Kinnights. But is upto everyone whether you belong in a Kin or not (Is everyones responsibility, not only upto the Kins) Because if people are unhappy with the state of the elven community, they themselfes has to do something about it, and not expect that the main Kinships should to step up. It is upto everyone to make their gameplaying better. I also believe that is easy enough to get a "foot" inside the elven community even if one does not belong to those Kins. Because one can simply ask people, get to know them. Follow Laurelin Archive and be active, and perhaps take intiative to create Rp events for everyone. This is how I believe "HOF" started I think.
    But public RP events has happened (gathering of storm; Vanimar Ball, The Ting, Wilderness apreciaton days), and maybe this discussion will make someone think and trigg some more events? I wouldnt mind that either of course.

I admit I probably do not see the flaws the elven community has, as I am apart of a Kin that fullfill my needs. I also have fun with friends in other Kins + the Kin I am a part of. This is a result of long term search of what I wanted from RP, and once I was an outsider too not knowing where to go. To me it feels a little odd to solve something that I already think works.. So I guess is upto the outsiders that is not a part of the Kin to step up and tell us What we should do about the situation? not the one that is happy about it? because I personally would hear their views!

Although..I think this topic is interesting,and is nice to see others opinions and views
    Last edited by Achy; Jun 27 2014 at 05:21 AM.
    Achazia Songweaver
    The Shadows

Speaking for myself I am a part of a non-RP Kin. I have nearly all my characters there. I was intruiged by the elven community and the Kins there. Then I simply made some elven characters and made them fit into those Kinship. Because why should I create a Elven character that did not fit to any of those Kin, and still be unhappy that there was no RP going on? I think if you want RP you must do some effort yourself. You cannot expect the people to come out there for you and make the world wonderful for you, That is a little bit Idiologist and belongs to a perfect world. Just trying to be realistic.
    You have a point of course as far as using what's already available goes. And you definitely are right saying that if you want something, you should try and see it happen, rather than expect others to do make it happen for you - that's why I started the topic in the first place! Hopefully, it'll also give other RPers a place to go to start figuring out how to get what they want. After all, as hard as one individual can try, we can't make anything happen by ourselves since roleplay is a social, communal activity. We need to talk to each other and find others who might want the same things!

As for creating Elf characters that fit the already existing kinships - though I see the logic and benefit of this, I respectfully disagree - if everyone keeps doing that, the community would not evolve (in terms of the Elven demographic and their origins).

There's a good chance that there are many others who would like to part of a kinship focusing its RP/background on Lorien, Mirkwood or the Silvan Elves - don't take my words as complaint - as I said, this topic is an attempt to gather Elven RPers in one place to discuss wants and ideas, who knows what might emerge as a result

Of course I do agree that more events would be awesome, and I am sure more events will happens. They might not be rergularly of course, as I know the most established elven-Kin has enough with their regularly Kinnights. But is upto everyone whether you belong in a Kin or not (Is everyones responsibility, not only upto the Kins) Because if people are unhappy with the state of the elven community, they themselfes has to do something about it, and not expect that the main Kinships should to step up.

Also agreed with all of the above. I was not in any way trying to imply that it's up to kinships to make more events happen - it was a spur-of-the-moment idea rather than a proposal

But public RP events has happened (gathering of storm; Vanimar Ball, The Ting, Wilderness apreciaton days), and maybe this discussion will make someone think and trigg some more events? I wouldnt mind that either of course.

I admit I probably do not see the flaws the elven community has, as I am apart of a Kin that fullfill my needs. I also have fun with friends in other Kins + the Kin I am a part of. This is a result of long term search of what I wanted from RP, and once I was an outsider too not knowing where to go. To me it feels a little odd to solve something that I already think works.. So I guess is upto the outsiders that is not a part of the Kin to step up and tell us What we should do about the situation? not the one that is happy about it? because I personally would hear their views!

Although..I think this topic is interesting,and is nice to see others opinions and views
    As far as events go, that is definitely my hope! And yes, I look forward to hearing more from others as well.

As the discussion keeps going off topic a bit, I'm going to structure a simple, short form for participants to fill out - I by no means want to discourage the kind of discussion that keeps happening right now, but I think perhaps if others want to contribute or see others' ideas, the sheer amount of text in this topic might be dissuade them from reading and joining. So for future participants, fill out the forum first - but feel free to keep discussing as we were after that!
    Last edited by ronnalee; Jun 27 2014 at 12:29 PM.

I made the form to re-focus our discussions and make sure that if we have newcomers wanting to see other's contributions, it's easy for them to find other's ideas. The form should also help us figure out the demographic of the Elven characters, which could be useful.

HTML Code:
    [HR][/HR][COLOR=#008080][SIZE=5]Feedback Form[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]Character(s): [/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#afeeee][I]Origin: [/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#afeeee][I]Home: [/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#afeeee][I]Kinship: [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]Are you satisfied with the Elven RP Community? Why/why not? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]What changes do you think would improve the Elven RP community? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]What would make Elven RP more immersive to you? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]What kind of events would you like to see? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]Where would you like the Elven RP hub(s) to be? Why there? [/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#afeeee][I]Anything else? [/I][/COLOR]
    [HR][/HR]

Feedback Form Example

Character(s):
    Eglaniel
    Origin: Lothlórien
    Home: Lothlórien - sometimes found in Mirkwood and Imladris, though rarely further West.
    Kinship: The Children of Iluvatar - mixed race kinship, light RP, more gameplay focused.

Not entirely. The community seems somewhat scattered and I wish there were more options in terms of RP events as well as RP kinship choices

An established RP hub where Elven roleplayers could go when no events are taking place, an established kinship for Lorien and/or Mirkwood-based characters, a larger variety of events - ones based in other locations, as Middle Earth is so stunningly designed in LOTRO and its a shame not to take advantage of it! The new events could be bi-weekly or monthly so as not to overwhelm the community and take away from Hall of Fire.

A larger variety of roles within the Elven community. As this would be quite an undertaking and commitment, let me preface the examples by saying that this could be taken care specifically during RP events - in advance of the event, roleplayers could apply/be assigned roles to perform during the events to make the experience more varied and immersive. For example: a few roleplayers in Lórien or Mirkwood could RP as Sentinels, patrolling the area. Someone else could be a Vinter, carrying with them a variety of wines and giving them to other RPers when they request so. In Imladris we could have people RPing as various members of the community, building on the already existing NPC roles (a stablemaster, stewards in the House of Elrond, Minstrels - though I believe Erennor is taking some initiative in making that happen!). It would also be lovely to see/take part in companies of Elves travelling from Imladris to the Western Shores from time to time, moving only at night and singing.

Silvan Revelries was a great initiative - Wood Elves gathering at night to sing and dance, similar to the HoF event but catering to a different demographic of Elves and also a chance of scenery. I would also like to see monthly or bi-monthly marches from Imladris to Ered Luin, RPing travelling to the Western Shores. Moreover, we could have more combat-focused events, such as the training of young Elves (sparring and training dummies, anyone?) or excursions into the Wilderness near the Elven territories to control the mob populations.

Although I would LOVE it if we had enough RPers to populate each of the Elven areas, I know this is not feasible. Ered Luin could be a hub for Elves of Lindon as well as newcomers to the server (conveniently, the Introduction puts us in those parts at the summoning of Elrond) - this would promote the Elven RP community to the new players. I think Imladris should be the secondary Elven RP hub, as it provides more reason for Elves from other lands to be there and is the most accessible lore-friendly place. Other places could be taken advantage of during RP events.

Anything else?
    Not at the moment.
    Last edited by ronnalee; Jun 27 2014 at 12:28 PM.

I think Archazia raised a valid point in that a lot of the elven community is focussed through specific characters from various kinships, which has happened through them building IC relations with one another rather than any kind of formal alliances of kinships. This does make it harder for new elven kinships and the players of elven characters to get into the elven roleplay. The HoF event does go a long way to breech this gap though from my own experience, and its also where i myself took my first steps into the Elven Community. I owe people like Anglachelm, Mirineth, Tindir and Veryacano no name but four a great deal for accepting not only myself but also the warband into the realm of elven RP all those years ago.

People though do have to take that initial plunge to get involved though, its not like Bree and the Pony where you can RP almost anything you like 24/7. I will say though if you come to Imladris and play an elven character far off the mark from what the others expect then they will just choose to ignore the new player which does not work for either parties.

I would recommend any new elven kinships to make contact IC and OOC with Kinships in the area they plan to RP. I speak for all my own kin in that we will do our best to help wherever we can in all aspects of the game and have done so in the past as long as people do not appear playing the sons of Elrond etc.

Feedback Form

Character(s): Aearandir
    Origin: Mithlond
    Home: Mithlond/the sea
    Kinship: Loth-i-Lonnath

To a great extent I am, however improvements can always be made. As Daelith pointed out in his summation of this server's history, strife and grudges were commonplace and often prevented events from fulfilling their potential due to ego based grievances. I am sure some may remain guarded due to what they experienced during those times, however the state of the elven community on Laurelin today is very different from back then. Any perceived "split" in the elven kinships is purely down to geographical location and separate agendas. Compared to back then we currently ARE "unified".

Many players perhaps, are unaware that it takes a MASSIVE amount of time and energy to run a kin. As it grows, it demands an ever greater amount until it can become a victim of its own success, where you spend most of your time planning kin activities to keep everyone interested. If you fail in this you may inevitably lose members who have little patience or understanding, so a lot of focus is by default directed within the kin - not through choice but necessity.

Just because the current kins may appear to be disinterested in "unifying" doesn't mean that is the case, they are just getting on with doing what every kinship does - focusing on the affairs of their own day-to-day running. However, should our different paths meet, roleplay still spontaneously occurs, and on the best of terms.

Running community events (of which we have done one or two) adds a huge amount of extra work and pressure to the ever present responsibility of keeping a kinship running smoothly. Thus it is no surprise that those of us in the larger elven kinships only rarely run such wider events because we are all too aware of the enormous workload involved, particularly when also balancing real life responsibilities. Again...this should not be interpreted as disinterest from the groups involved. Many expressed hopes and plans have fallen through between the groups purely because of poor timing, absences etc. Just because something looks broken, doesn't mean it is. Indeed "unity" isn't the issue. It appears integrating new players into the elven roleplay community is the core problem.

Server activity tends to fluctuate throughout the year and so second guessing server interest and support for a particular large event can be tricky. I agree wholeheartedly with Khalis that having a means to communicate with each other in a cohesive manner in one place is needed as it would serve to improve this somewhat. At the moment there are a number of channels in-game that can be used and attendance seems to change depending on how interesting the discussion is. Sometimes it is hard to advertise a spontaneous roleplay opportunity because there is too much discussion and it soon moves off the window.

As far as organized events go, advertising on Laurelin Archives is the most common method but there are still many roleplayers (especially new ones) who have no idea it exists, so it is not an infallible resource for those new to laurelin roleplay.

Personally, I believe the biggest change required to improve the elven rp community is one of personal initiative. If you do not find something you like, then create it and do it. This is how LiL (and I assume many other kins) got off the ground. We had been around for a couple of years but never really got heavily involved with the rp scene because of the constant strife. As Daelith mentioned...it wasn't pretty. We were also not that interested in what the established kins of the day were doing. This was not a critical judgement of them; they were all enjoying what they were doing with their own interpretation of the lore - it just didn't appeal to our tastes. Instead of be-moaning the server or unfairly criticising others for their approach, we just started to do our own thing and strove to weave our own particular thread into the tapestry of the wider rp community. This took the humble form of escorting parties to and from the Grey Havens as a martial troop. We soon attracted like minded players that shared that particular vision of elven activity.

At the time, I know there was an attitude of "Why create another elf kin when you can just join an established one?" This was a result of a perceived contest for a finite number of roleplayers on the server. Diversity however is always a healthier option in any system. I view the differences we all have as a strength (if kept in balance) not a weakness, because our community then provides choices. Different kins provide a range of elements and flavours that cater to the tastes of every roleplayer. Respect is the key in not standing on any toes. Players need to do their homework to see what sort of activities and playstyles each kin provides in case they mimic too closely what has been established through lots of blood, sweat and tears. Each kin is rightly proud of it's members and what it has achieved.

If you can't find any rp, make it! Patience is also required however. It is very rare that massive change happens overnight.

As a heavy roleplay kin, nothing that we are not currently doing. Eglaniel, most of what you wrote in your example of this section is incorporated within our kin activities. If nothing is "doing it for you" then do it for yourself.

Again your suggestions are already common activities we -and other kins- do each week.

We do what we do because we want to be part of a living, breathing, loreful Middle Earth, therefore in a sense I would like to see more of the same throughout the different regions. Seeing a troupe of Dwarves wandering along some lonely road with their hoods up in foul weather even for a brief flashing instant evokes this very notion. And for a time I actually feel I am in that world that we all love and are inspired by. This is unified roleplay in my book. Each doing what their characters should be doing. The boring tasks as well as the exciting. High drama events being run constantly would detract from the sense of reality and should be held sparingly - that is the main reason we have refrained from holding another campaign event.

Large events like The Gathering Storm worked so well because the community wanted it to work. (This more than anything proved to me that the community wasn't broken and such events could be held again in the future.) It is unrealistic however to unify in saving Middle Earth every couple of months, but other options are available. Subtle, low-key interventions fit best within the lore of Elves in the Third Age.

In addition to what kind of events we would like to see, it is equally important to consider how an event is designed and run. This has enormous implications on how an rp event is received by the player base.

For instance, central to LiL's events is the ethos of participation by all who attend them, rather than being passive spectators, and that is perhaps key to their memorable success: community participation is the crucial element. All players who invest something of themselves in an event, share in the fulfillment of the experience.

I would love the elven hubs to be located in Ered Luin and Rivendell. Rivendell is an iconic location and has a natural lure. Much work has been done by the kins that dwell there to bring life to it and this should be maintained.

Ered Luin is where the other hub should be if for no other reason than it is the starter area. Unlike all the other race starter areas Ered Luin is woefully underdeveloped. There is nothing there to keep players hanging around. Most new arrivals can't wait to get out of the place and loitering in Celondim for hours looking for rp can be frustrating with so few facilities around to occupy yourself - not to mention the NPCs on the dockside spamming every minute or two about no fish or ships today...

There are some limited crafting options but no study and no Auction Hall to buy more resources. Dwarves, Hobbits and Men all have AH's and crafting facilities in their respective areas but not elves. The racial starter areas should be vibrant places full of life to greet new players to the game, not a ghost town. No wonder so many elves end up in Bree. And while it is indeed pretty, it is looking dated.

Until Turbine show a little love and open up some buildings and update the graphics in and around Celondim and Duillond like they did for Bree (and to a certain extent the Thorin's Hall area) and add facilities that will keep higher level characters around, then there is frankly very little reason to remain there. Which is a shame as new players to the game who roll an elf may not be that impressed when they first emerge from the tutorial, into ageing terrain that is a poor reflection on the newer landscape design of places such as Rohan.

Being based in Falathlorn, we have undertaken many initiatives to provide a feeling of everyday life. Some worked for a while, others less so. In the end there is only so much that can be done with the time we spend online. This is true of the other kins. No kin can be visible all the time so it can be hit or miss when rp can be found, nevertheless it is an ongoing endeavour that we have not given up on.

These two hubs would provide natural spring boards for roleplay within the elven community and let's face it, we all need a change of scenery every now and again. Rivendell has some nice buildings to wander through but could still do with more, Ered Luin has one small building you can enter. This tends to make kins rp within the Homesteads which serves no function to the wider community.

I agree it would be ideal to have a hub in each major location such as Lorien and Mirkwood. Every location has its advantages and disadvantages but there is no reason why kins cannot form and build a "protohub" in that region. It just takes the effort of willing hearts and minds to share a vision and craft it into existence. None of the established kins were fully formed overnight. It takes years of hard work, patience and often many compromises to achieve your ultimate goal.

Anything else?

My apologies for the long post...this is a subject I (like others) feel very strongly about. While I do not believe the community to be broken, the fact that there are so many roleplayers out there who are expressing frustration at how things stand in finding roleplay...it is obvious improvements need to be made.

Perhaps we have indeed reached a turning point in the roleplaying community in general where there is greater desire to mix things up a bit and try something new. Perhaps it is down to ever greater numbers of roleplayers on the server? If so then a communication framework does indeed need to be put in place to support everyone's efforts in making this the best server to find roleplay - whether that means the 'Hidden Channel', the Eventchannel (or a new incarnation of it) or indeed an open server channel, such as the new /world channel? I guess it depends how selective, or open and all-embracing of the player population you want to be.

Last edited by Aearandir; Jun 28 2014 at 12:37 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/member_avatars/679795/original.gif?1332801166[/IMG][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/658"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]

[/COLOR][COLOR=#99ccff][FONT=trebuchet ms][B][SIZE=3]Aearandir[/SIZE][/B] -Warden of the Havens, Commander in the Mithdirith of the Loth-i-Lonnath[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

A valid question.
    And let's not even get started on Mirkwood - I don't believe I've heard of a single kinship catering to characters that come from there.
    *Ninja-rolls into the thread* We weren't too large of a kin, but I thought I'd add that my former kinship, Cherth-e-Eryn, was Mirkwood-based and catered especially to the Elvenking's folk. Unfortunately, our time was shortlived. After I had come back from a trip, it seemed that a lot of our members hadn't logged on in a while and timezones were a bit of an obstacle when it came to co-ordinating. I was forced to disband the kinship just a few days ago. So, it has been done, just wasn't so successful.

As someone who has a real soft spot for Silvan elves of the Woodland Realm, Mirkwood/Lorien-based kinships are absolutely huge to me. I love them, and have always longed for a little group - whether established in the form of a kinship or not - to allow for us to experiment the culture of our Elves' kindred, much like the Silvan Revelries event you mentioned in your form. Since RL has calmed a little and I have a little more time to put into playing LOTRO, I'm more than open to putting effort into aiding in creating a roleplay environment for elves from Rhovanion with other like-minded individuals, if ever needed.
    [ such is the nature of evil; in time, all foul things come forth. ]
    velsirien | landroval

Feedback Form

Character(s): Barangolf
    Origin: Mirkwood
    Home: None
    Kinship: None

Are you satisfied with the Elven RP Community? Why/why not? I’m not that involved with the community to make any statements about them. I briefly played with some Loth-i-Lannath characters on a different character of mine and they were wonderful, but due to Barangolf’s backstory as a Silvan raft-elf they aren’t the right kinship for me.

However, I am somewhat dissatisfied on a personal level. Some of that is situational (ie not being able to commit to any schedule at the moment) and some of it is that I rarely encounter anyone that I can easily RP with. But I don’t blame the community for that; I’m sure part of that is that I’m shy and don’t know where to look, and that when I do talk to someone OOC and agree to play with them, we never seem to be on at the same time. The laurelin Archives are more helpful for my non-Elves but maybe that’s just because of the type of Elf I’m playing.

What changes do you think would improve the Elven RP community? It seems that most of the active Elven RPers I’ve seen are Noldor and I would love some more Silvan elves. Fellow Silvan elves, where are you? Let me love you. I love The Silm as much as the next Tolkienite, but I’m not as interested in roleplaying one of the Noldor as I am Silvan and Sindar Elves.

What would make Elven RP more immersive to you? I’m pretty sure that the most honest answer to this is suddenly getting regular time to invest in the community and my character. When I have free time, though, Elves hanging around places they would actually be and chatting or singing or drinking and dancing. That is the sort of thing that makes me smile and interact. If I had a character who was from Celondim (which I did at one point, but I am not 100% sure about her at this moment and may regroup with her later) I would love to see people hanging about and talking wistfully about the sea.

Also talking about the NPCs. Bringing up the fact that Cardavor is the Lord of Celondim, or that Avorthal is friends with a dwarf and who can understand that???

What kind of events would you like to see? Like I said above, I can’t commit to events. I do love slice-of-life interactions, though! They work a little better with my schedule, since it’s easier to bow out of talking to someone in town/in the woods than it is to bow out in the middle of an adventure (unless I want my character to have a reputation as a coward. Which, granted, could be fun, but isn’t what I was going for with this character.)

If I could guarantee I would be around for events, though, I would be all over them. For instance, on a purely selfish level, my character is supposed to be one of the raft-elves who did trading with Esgaroth. So I would be utterly thrilled to find other trading contacts among my Silvan brethren, especially if we maybe got sent out of Mirkwood when it was besieged at the beginning of the War of the Rings to use our trading contacts outside of Mirkwood to act as investigators.

If I ever make it to a high enough level to get to Mirkwood I will be all over royal stag hunts and leading intruders astray.

Where would you like the Elven RP hub(s) to be? Why there? Duillond and Celondim, because they are easily accessible to all levels and there can always be trade reasons to be there. Campsites in the wilds, because Gildor’s discussion of the wandering companies made it sound like there could be rather a lot of them and it would just be fun to run into one another and pass along messages. We left some wine of Dorwinion at the last campsite, go help yourselves.

Anything else? I really enjoy reading about other people’s RP and seeing people RP even when I’m only on for five minutes before having to log off.

Feedback FormCharacter(s): Naurendal Ithilfen

Origin: Mirkwood

Home:
    Wanders due to background

Kinship: None

Are you satisfied with the Elven RP Community? Why/why not? Conditional yes. I am a new player and I have had positive interactions with the elven players I have met face to face. I am still unsure of where my character's niche is since I am also exploring a new class. I can't really give a complete answer to this question due to my newness.

I'm all for story telling and music...you know, elf-y things. If someone has the Lay of Leithian to tell to music...so there. Combat styles between Lorien vs Edhellon vs Mirkwood elves...so there. Meeting a Noldor who's not an unrepentant kinslayer...maybe there . Again, I think these are things which require spontaneity on the part of the player.

What would make Elven RP more immersive to you? Interacting with other elven players. I like the idea of using the rp style of another player to check my own. I don't do flowery, long emotes but she expresses and/or emotes alot. Is that something that is going to get my put on someone's ignore list? Also, a self-serving blurb: Naurendal is from Mirkwood and interacting with other Mirkwood elves would be nice. I am convinced that each location of elves have specific personality traits. I am keenly interested in seeing how a player portrays that.

Music, feasts, sparring, debate, biased history lessons, Turbine based lore! Sadly, I cannot make the Hall of Fire due to work obligations

Where would you like the Elven RP hub(s) to be? Why there? Any place my character can get to (self-serving, I know) Currently, these are Celondim/ Duillond, the abandonned elf camp in the Shires and Rivendell.

Anything else? Is the elven base looking to rp with other elves outside of their own kins and level ranges? I am curious as to what the older players want to see. As a new player, I get the feel that spontaneous rp (walking along the road in Rivendell and Player x and Player y start "Mae govannen-ing" each other to start a 10 to 15 minute conversation before going off to wherever is the norm. I have no objection to this as I have yet to find my niche here.

Guys, I'd just like to say thanks for everyone who contributed to the thread so far.

This is just a humble beginning, but a much clearer picture is forming thanks to all of you.

I've been going through everyone's contributions trying to sort them out into specific ideas I could concisely write up in the first post, but before I finish that, I wanted to address and sum up a few things you've brought up.

A lot of 'problems' seem to go back to several things:

1. No roleplayer-controlled platform for us to communicate (e.g. Forum)
    2. Newbie RPers are often left out in the dark

Now, let me break it down and explain.

Number 1.
    I think this is the biggie that could solve a lot of problems. A forum - if used - would be a fantastic tool for our community. Laurelin Archives is a fantastic site, but the lack of a public, OOC method of communication hinders things considerably.

Now, one of you mentioned speaking about this to the founders of LA - and I have done so as well in the past, receiving the same answer. They don't want to create a place for hostility and drama based on, I imagine, our different approaches to roleplaying. I get that. It would take some serious moderation to keep things nice and clean.

So, there are two possible solutions to this - convince LA to implement the feature based on the sheer amount of player interest (could be showcased via a petition) and if needed, a proposal and hope for the best, or take matters into our own hands and create an independent forum not linked to LA. Any thoughts?

Number 2.
    It took me a really long time to find out about globallff. Not being an official channel, it's not exactly advertised/obvious - other MMOs mostly have a default 'global' channel. So at first, my communication was limited to... regional. Depending, of course, on which region I was in. Not exactly helpful for, well, anything.

It took me an even longer time - something like 2 years - to find out about the Hidden Channel, despite having been aware of Laurelin Archives, where it's advertised (but this is only due to persistent google searches and going back pages and pages on this section of the LOTRO Forums).

And of course, writing your character's background and finding your groove within the community also takes time.

These are some considerable hindrances new roleplayers on Laurelin face!

We need those newcomers. We do. Whether they're new to roleplay, new to Tolkien or new to the server. We need a place where they can be introduced and integrated into the community as a whole (and I'm not just talking Elven RP). Think about what this community has already - Laurelin Archives, Hidden Channel, Loth-i-Lonnath, Bar-en-Vanimar, Warband of Imladris, Hall of Fire event - everyone responsible for making these things happen was a newcomer once. It makes me sad to think about the potential fantastic future members of the community wasting away in Bree or not roleplaying at all because the community isn't accessible.

In conclusion... let's figure out the Forum thing. Feel free to send me a message or start a new topic here. I'm down to help if there would be others interested in creating an independent forum, and I'm down to organise things if we want LA to implement one. Just let me know what's up.

I won’t answer so much the summary, because you already know my opinions.

All I want to say is that I highly disagree with this:

[SIZE=3]
    So, there are two possible solutions to this - convince LA to implement the feature based on the sheer amount of player interest (could be showcased via a petition) and if needed, a proposal and hope for the best, or take matters into our own hands and create an independent forum not linked to LA. Any thoughts?
    Laurelin Archives is a neutral site, and should not have a forum imo. Who would moderate/decide?
    This is a fan based site and the founders are players like you and me, and should not get involved into petition. They made the site, so they run their site on their premises, is totally voluntarily for people to join or not and is not a place to see heated debates/discussion about Lore. Thats why I think LA is perfect for newbies to have a look at first.
    Last edited by Achy; Jul 06 2014 at 01:00 PM.
    Achazia Songweaver
    The Shadows

I won’t answer so much the summary, because you already know my opinions.

All I want to say is that I highly disagree with this:

Laurelin Archives is a neutral site, and should not have a forum imo. Who would moderate/decide?
    This is a fan based site and the founders are players like you and me, and should not get involved into petition. They made the site, so they run their site on their premises, is totally voluntarily for people to join or not and is not a place to see heated debates/discussion about Lore. Thats why I think LA is perfect for newbies to have a look at first.
    As for moderation, I imagine that volunteer moderators would. As for newbies, once again, unfortunately I do not think that it is sufficient. The sheer amount of content on LA can be overwhelming, and I think it could take people a while to figure out how and where to find things - or that they're even there.

I'm completely neutral on whether the Forum would be on Laurelin Archives or stand-alone - don't forget I'm merely facilitating the discussion. If anyone has any ideas alternative to these two solutions, feel free to chip in also.

Hi there,

Some observations if I may.

I am really struggling with the way you have chosen to manage your own thread.

So far from what I have seen and read, you have taken the feedback you have received and drawn your own conclusions and then carried the thread forward. I find that rather hard to view as yourself being anything but neutral, as it does come across very strongly that you wish to direct the thread in the direction you choose with no visible consensus from anyone else.

On some of the feedback you received you chose to label it as "off topic" which I found rather odd. You wanted a discussion yet when it was not in a particular direction you had in mind you closed it down.

Regarding your statement about petitioning LA that they should host a forum for the purposes of discussion doesn't really say to me as a reader of this thread that you are neutral on that subject either.

You have had a lot of feedback here already and whether it is what you hoped for I would ask you politely to carefully consider how you have chosen to direct and make conclusions off of your own back.

Putting it simply it doesn't look good and rather it appears quite controlling.

Kind regards

Earinlin
    Last edited by Earinlin; Jul 07 2014 at 11:59 AM.
    Istuir - Warden and Caun to the Mithdirith - Loth-i-Lonnath

I have to say I have already discussed the idea of a forum as part of the LAs a long time ago with the Laurelin Archives Web Team of which I am now a member. As much as I would like to have the whole of the RP community have a set of forums is one place it would WILL NOT be part of the Archives site. For one it does not fit with the idea that the Archives is a place of tally IC posts and also running a forum is a lot of work even if you have a good team. All the webteam have fulfilled this role before and we all agree its a lot of work.

If the RP community did wish to have forum set for Laurelin they would have to take it on themselves. But then would come the problem of trying to get everyone who roleplayed to use it which I think would not happen.

So I think we should give this idea a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Earinlin View Post
    Hi there,

Some observations if I may.

I am really struggling with the way you have chosen to manage your own thread.
    Thank you for the comments, however I'd like to also make some clarification on some of your statements.

First of all, there is no single direction I wish the thread/discussion to take - though I may be more keen to discuss ideas I personally feel strongly about, this is also the case for anybody else responding in any multi-topic discussion involving multiple members. I am not a moderator, and I also have contributions to make. I have no control over what people post, no matter what "guidelines" I ask to be followed. I can't delete other people's posts. The form is open-ended, and anything I didn't think to include in it can be covered under "Anything else".

What I would really love to happen is for participants to discuss issues brought up between each other, myself included, but as you have seen the same few people keep returning to the thread, and compared to the number of Elven Roleplayers on Laurelin very few have participated so far. Ideally, we'd have many more people responding and eventually the most frequently voiced - or most liked - idea would get the most attention from everyone, collaboratively. The discussion would drive itself. Right now this is not the case, despite my efforts to bring the topic to people's attention.

On some of the feedback you received you chose to label it as "off topic" which I found rather odd. You wanted a discussion yet when it was not in a particular direction you had in mind you closed it down.
    If I recall correctly, the only statement I have made about anything being "off-topic" was general, and I haven't labelled any specific ideas or contributions as such, so I'm not entirely sure what gave you that impression. But regardless, to clear that up, what I was referring to as being "off-topic" were the (parts of) posts talking about past drama on Laurelin.

While that was very informative and helpful, I didn't want it to drive away from the point of this thread - figuring out what's wanted and needed and working out how to make it happen.

Regarding your statement about petitioning LA that they should host a forum for the purposes of discussion doesn't really say to me as a reader of this thread that you are neutral on that subject either.
    You may notice that the statement you're referring to lists *two* solutions, one being an independent forum. I'm not really sure how that shows any bias towards a Laurelin Archives forum being created. After offering those two ideas, I said "Any thoughts?". The following statement was on the topic was ended with "If anyone has any ideas alternative to these two solutions, feel free to chip in."

I apologise if I missed something, but I fail to see the bias you're talking about.

Please don't take my response as dismissive, and please try and keep in mind my motivation in creating this topic. I'm one of many RPers on this server, and it has been created because I've seen many other RPers express that they wish X, Y or Z was a thing in the community but that's as far as it would ever get - because, well, channels are not the best place to make large-scale things happen. I had a chat with a few people on the Hidden Channel about the idea of the topic itself, and they were in support, so the topic was created.

I'm sorry if the topic has not lived up to your expectations in some way, but I'm trying to do the best I can. If you'd like to discuss the running of this thread any further, feel free to send me a private message. I would welcome any help, as this is a large endeavour that should not be in the hands of one person.

Now, back to the topic.

I have to say I have already discussed the idea of a forum as part of the LAs a long time ago with the Laurelin Archives Web Team of which I am now a member. As much as I would like to have the whole of the RP community have a set of forums is one place it would WILL NOT be part of the Archives site. For one it does not fit with the idea that the Archives is a place of tally IC posts and also running a forum is a lot of work even if you have a good team. All the webteam have fulfilled this role before and we all agree its a lot of work.

If the RP community did wish to have forum set for Laurelin they would have to take it on themselves. But then would come the problem of trying to get everyone who roleplayed to use it which I think would not happen.

So I think we should give this idea a rest.
    Yeah, it seemed more inconceivable for LA to implement such a large feature mostly due to the amount of Admin and Moderation work and time it would require, when the team is already busy running the site. I do think an independent forum would be more conceivable, though that would largely depend on how many people wished for a platform like that and how many people would actually be willing in helping create or moderate it.

I'm coming late to this thread because I've been playing another character lately and I just got the mail invitation.

I'm a US player, but I'm able to log on during the day. Honestly, I created my guild for myself, for what I'd like Elven roleplay to be -- I'm more of an improv-type roleplayer, and I'm very character-driven as opposed to what I guess you'd call "lore-driven". All humans on Earth are not the same, so I feel that all Elves in Middle-earth are not the same. And that's all I'm going to say on that subject.

As for what I think about the current situation on Laurelin? Well, I don't know, as I've only been to one HoF and I kind of really hate the formal stuff. So basically I've not met anyone. Also I haven't put forth any effort other than character and guild pages on Laurelin Archives, so the fault for that lies squarely with me.

Anyway, I think the best thing that could be done is have a set hanging out spot like the Prancing Pony but have it Elf-centered. I mean a specific spot in Celondim or even someone's open guild house in Falathlorn that is set up as a tavern or something. Sticky it on this forum, so that everyone knows where to go, new and old players alike. I remember back in UO days when the Paladins of Trinsic were always in that town, and the Knights of Yew were always there along with Shadowclan. (old-school Catskills represent!) It was great because there were no politics involved. You wanted to roleplay with the Orcs, you went to "their" town. You wanted to discuss the virtues with the Paladins, you went to "theirs". Needless to say, you were much more likely to find someone there during server prime time.

My opinion on Tolkien Elves is that, since they are so deeply rooted in Tolkien's Catholic beliefs, they are basically religio-political dynamite. Best to steer clear of the deep stuff and keep things light. It is a game, after all.
    [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N0YORWKgbns/UgFK3Qg2w7I/AAAAAAAAAyM/Z5vo13vE56g/w350-h120-no/AerlinnethBanner.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/11644]Aerlinneth's Page[/url] [color=#66CDAA]at The Laurelin Archives[/color]

It is very easy to start up a forum. Why not try it? There are free forums to be had. I use several myself for different needs including my kinships home Leaves of Laurelin, my initial game songbook that has grown hugely Songbook Of Laurelin and my Elven music group Andúnië. See if there is any use of it for discussion and ideas. Could be great for problem solving. If you find a need for this and no one else wants to admin it, I could give it a try.

We need Elven rp on both Laurelin and Landroval. It is too bad Turbine has not put a specific Elf starting site in Ered Luin as all the other races have one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast