We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I am thinking about coming back.

I would like to start by saying that I am typing with one hand. My left hand at that. My right hand Is covered in 2nd degree burns because of an incident over the weekend. So My typing is a bit off. I am sorry.

So I started LotrO about 6 years ago. And I loved it. I got a lifetime membership the day I got the game and never regretted it. I have not been on in about two years now. The reason why is because I would play all day every day and I was only level 37 because all I did was role play. This game had the most wonderful RP I have ever seen. But it came to a dead halt the day it went free to play. So I slowly stopped playing. I understand why it went free to play. And I am happy that people can play it now that could not before. But there are a LOT of people that do not respect other players in any way now. Just like WoW. That is the reason I 100% hated WoW.

My question is this. Has the RP came back? I would love to start RPing in the game again. Back in the day I could get on at any time of the day and find RP with random strangers and have a grate time. Is that back? I remember when there where Kinships like Edge. We where a Kinship that had ongoing RP with other kinship. Is there anything like that anymore?

To my knowledge, RP never left. It was merely diluted because a lot more members came in with F2P and it seems to be a common trend in MMOs for RP communities to be generally small.

If you want to jump into RPing (and I'm not sure what server you used to be on), Landroval is a big RP server for the US/east coast, and Laurelin for Europe. Landroval is RP-encouraged, whereas Laurelin is RP-enforced (names must be lore-appropriate, etc -- not everyone has to actually RP with others, though). A lot of people RP on both.

If you are big on player events, as well, Landroval I know has a STRONG player event base. I can't say what kind of events Laurelin has, as I've never played on that server before (though I'm sure they probably have a lot too, being RP-enforced). Just over a week ago, Landroval hosted Weatherstock 2014, a massive, competitive music concert. In the span of 6ish hours, over 700 people attended, both native Landrovalites as well as visitors from other servers. Weatherstock is the biggest player-sponsored event on LOTRO. I'd imagine it might be the biggest player-sponsored event in just about any MMO. I doubt a single day goes by on Landroval where you can't find some event to attend.

My suggestion would be to create a character on both servers and test them out. See which RP community you like best. If you are worried about rude players, there are bad apples in every barrel, but LOTRO has one of the best MMO communities around.

Welcome back to the game! ^_^
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

That is my server, Landrova =) And I am at the pony right now and there is RP going on. I am sooo happy! Thank you for the help!! And I play LoL. So I do not think a toxic player base could detour me from a game I really like. And if I find RP like I used to then I will REALLY like the game again.

Fantastic! It's always nice to come back to something and rediscover all its old charms, and all the more sweeter if those charms simply weren't there for a while -- I hope the charm is there to stay. xD Happy RPing!
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval