We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why won't my LOTRO-ABC songs play anymore?

I have a bunch of songs saved in the music folder as note pad documents. I activate the music mode, type /play songtitle and my character looks to be playing music, but no noise. I type /playlist and it says no ABC "*" files found. What gives?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanaran View Post
    I have a bunch of songs saved in the music folder as note pad documents. I activate the music mode, type /play songtitle and my character looks to be playing music, but no noise. I type /playlist and it says no ABC "*" files found. What gives?

Thanks.
    It's important to remember that you need to go into music mode first (/music), then play a particular song (/play filename). So be sure you're using the correct commands and that you're using the right filenames/paths. Also your music files should be .abc, not .txt so make sure you're saving them correctly. They're not text documents, they're ABC files.

I recommend using the Songbook plugin. It makes using the music system about a thousand times easier.

Also, I recommend Maestro for making ABC files, and ABC Player for testing ABC files.

EDIT: also, if you add files to the my documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Music folder you need to make sure the LotRO client knows that. You do that by reloading your character (by logging out/in) or else using Songbook's "Songbook Filler" program to update the songs, then reload the Songbook plugin.
    Last edited by frickinmuck; Jun 24 2014 at 05:42 PM.

@Ryanaran: Have you already been able to play music and can't do it anymore? Sometimes I experienced the same, usually a relog helps.
    If a relog doesn't help: which OS du you use? Win or Mac? They have different setups and problems.
    Maybe you did not use the correct folder to save your files?
    For Mac OS look here: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_...ic_work-around
    For Win you can find more information here: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Music
    Can't say anything about the /playlist command as i don't use it.

@frickinmuck: sorry, but some things you said are not true. LotRO and ABC Player don't care if its a .txt or an .abc file. They will play it. I still have some songs saved as .txt and they still sound nice
    Concerning Songbook: you don't have to relog after making any changes in the music folder. The most important thing is to create a new library via songbook.hta. After that you just have to unload songbook and reload it again. Thats all.
    I do it rather often playing music with some friends, getting new files or rearranging them for a special purpose. You can do it while playing music.

[Edit:] Ryanaran, dont type /play songtitle but /play filename ...
    For example: your song's title is: Bards Song. File name is BardsSong.txt - you should type /play bardssong
    If the file is saved in the correct folder, this should work.
    Last edited by Mellana; Jun 25 2014 at 01:40 AM.
    Alt-o-holic on two Worlds:
    Usually playing on Gwaihir and enjoying Landroval.
    HakunaMatata