We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Adventures in North Downs

I have been back and forth between EQ2 and LoTRO, and I wrote a short post about the North Downs and my experience playing there. I thought you guys might find it an interesting read.

Adventures of Mortyk

I hope you enjoy the read, and I hope you all feel free to post some of the reasons you love playing LoTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOrty View Post
    I have been back and forth between EQ2 and LoTRO, and I wrote a short post about the North Downs and my experience playing there. I thought you guys might find it an interesting read.

Adventures of Mortyk

I hope you enjoy the read, and I hope you all feel free to post some of the reasons you love playing LoTRO.
    Really nice blog.

I really like LOTRO. The landscape and lore are untouched by its competition.

I also like how the devs have created such a wide variety of things to do, even if they are not as cleaned up as they could be.
    If you want to run an instance with some freinds, do a scaled one. If you want to test your skills solo, try a skirmish. If you want to truly test your skills go out to the Ettenmoors. If you want to defend against waves and waves of terrifying orcs with an inferior force, run an Epic Battle with yourself or with your friends. If you want to RP, go to a festival or an RP area. There is such a wide variety of things to do.

However, I think that all of these systems need improvements. But they are still fun and give an entertaining thing to do when you do not feel like questing.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Thanks a lot for your reply and compliment Dernudan!

I agree though, as far as lore it's almost unbeatable, and the landscape is nice. I have heard people say when they play LoTRO that they immediately notice the old graphics, but I seriously am not sure what they mean.

The graphics are very nice, and I think there are some new games that aren't as beautiful.

Thanks a lot for your reply and compliment Dernudan!

I agree though, as far as lore it's almost unbeatable, and the landscape is nice. I have heard people say when they play LoTRO that they immediately notice the old graphics, but I seriously am not sure what they mean.

The graphics are very nice, and I think there are some new games that aren't as beautiful.
    I agree, the graphics are very beautiful. I believe what they are saying by that is if they started as an elf or a dwarf, in the Ered Luin starter area.
    There the graphics are nice but they do feel dated.

Edit: as a man, you would not have gone there
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Oh ... that makes sense then.

I will have to have a look someday soon and check out that area.

Oh ... that makes sense then.

I will have to have a look someday soon and check out that area.
    Keep in mind that it still looks good. The towns have the same feel of the North Downs and Bree, but the difference is some areas of the backdrop are kind of old.

Here is an example of the dated stuff:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...&client=safari

But there is also some great spots in the same region:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...tart=18&ndsp=2
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CEQQMygeMB4
    http://www.google.com/imgres?<br /> ...d=0CCYQMygJMAk