We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Talking Best Warden Gambit Combinations

    I am a level 30 Warden and I would like to know which Gambits I should use in combination to make the the best DPS.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    610
    anything that involves 2+ spear gambits. My favorite one is the combo of spear, shield, voice, spear, shield. Puts out good dps after using ambush and that other skill.


    ~Rimenuir, r6 hunter: Officer Guardians of the Forsaken Woods (Meneldor)
    ~Lumfatnur, r8 warg: Member In Breeds (Meneldor)

  3. #3
    Piercing Strike (fist - spear - fist)
    Spear of Virtue (f - sp - f - sp)

    These two are very high damaging skills (you will get them in higher levels, 4 ish).
    Untill then, stick with the power attack line as followed:
    Sp sh f
    Sp sh f sp
    Sp sh f sp sh
    This way you will do bonus damage.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Piercing Strike (fist - spear - fist)
    Spear of Virtue (f - sp - f - sp)

    These two are very high damaging skills (you will get them in higher levels, 4 ish).
    Untill then, stick with the power attack line as followed:
    Sp sh f
    Sp sh f sp
    Sp sh f sp sh
    This way you will do bonus damage.
    ... for single-target. If you want AOE lols, go with the fist-shield line - especially fi-sh-fi, fi-sh-fi-sh (FISH!) and shout the mobs to death with the odd fi-sh-sp-fi for a big self-heal when lots of little mobs are around.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Izmir
    Posts
    34
    For me, Power Attack - Mighty Blow - Unnering Strike. They all have DoTs also when you apply Power Attack first, it gives you an extra damage if you apply Mighty Blow in 15 seconds (I am not sure) and same for Unnering strike.

    The combinations are like this;
    Power Attack - Spear+Shield+Fist (Level 18)
    Mighty Blow - Spear+Shield+Fist+Spear (Level 38)
    Unnering Strike - Spear+Shield+Fist+Spear+Shield (Level 50)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    For me, Power Attack - Mighty Blow - Unnering Strike. They all have DoTs also when you apply Power Attack first, it gives you an extra damage if you apply Mighty Blow in 15 seconds (I am not sure) and same for Unnering strike.

    The combinations are like this;
    Power Attack - Spear+Shield+Fist (Level 18)
    Mighty Blow - Spear+Shield+Fist+Spear (Level 38)
    Unnering Strike - Spear+Shield+Fist+Spear+Shield (Level 50)
    My warden has (spear/spear) = 1 skill.

    So when you say spear+shield+fist. I interpret as (spear/shield) skill plus (Fist/Fist). Is that correct?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    4,070
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphentis View Post
    My warden has (spear/spear) = 1 skill.

    So when you say spear+shield+fist. I interpret as (spear/shield) skill plus (Fist/Fist). Is that correct?
    Spear+shield+fist (also written sp-sh-f or even 1-2-3) means using those three gambit builder skills quick-thrust, shield bash, warden's taunt then use the execute gambit skill, which will show the Power Attack gambit at that point.

    The spear/spear skill is a mastery. It sets up the two builders without making an attack to make it faster to get to the gambit. You also have spear/shield and spear/fist masteries. This means you could use spear/shield+fist or spear-shield/fist (from shield mastery) to get the Power Attack off faster.

    Edit: Reread your question and you could indeed use spear/shield then fist/fist to get the Power Attack off even faster. You would not get the effects of the gambit builder skills, but it is much faster.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Spear+shield+fist (also written sp-sh-f or even 1-2-3) means using those three gambit builder skills quick-thrust, shield bash, warden's taunt then use the execute gambit skill, which will show the Power Attack gambit at that point.

    The spear/spear skill is a mastery. It sets up the two builders without making an attack to make it faster to get to the gambit. You also have spear/shield and spear/fist masteries. This means you could use spear/shield+fist or spear-shield/fist (from shield mastery) to get the Power Attack off faster.

    Edit: Reread your question and you could indeed use spear/shield then fist/fist to get the Power Attack off even faster. You would not get the effects of the gambit builder skills, but it is much faster.
    Thank you very much for explaining that to me. What do you recommend for someone who is level 22? Just use the builder skills not the mastery skills?

    Cheers!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    4,070
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphentis View Post
    Thank you very much for explaining that to me. What do you recommend for someone who is level 22? Just use the builder skills not the mastery skills?

    Cheers!
    You're welcome!

    Use both.

    You can certainly go through enemies one at a time using just builders and gambits. When you start fighting 2 or 3 at a time the masteries can help you get to an important gambit in time.

    The sh-sp builders give you Persevere, which is a defensive buff plus a heal over time. If you're taking more damage than you like, you can do sh/sp mastery and get that buff and HoT faster. At later levels you'll use this to start the Persevere chain of Persevere (2-1), Safeguard (2-1-2), then finishing with Celebration of Skill (2-1-2-1 buff plus heal buff) or Restoration (2-1-2-1-2 buff + HoT). You can wade through the first two with builders, but use two Masteries for Restoration: 2/1 - 2 - 1/2.

    You're going to start encountering more enemies that have a visible induction that leads to a nasty attack. You can interrupt these quickly with 1/2 then The Boot gambit.

    At level 40 you'll be able to use Potency. This is where executing any of 1-1, 2-2, or 3-3 causes your next gambit to be stored so that it can be used a second time. Wardens will wade into a bunch of enemies and trigger potency in order to execute AoE morale tap gambits twice. In fact, Wardens can wade in at half morale just in order to heal themselves.

    There's a lot of muscle memory involved in playing a Warden well.

    (Note that I'm by no means an expert or even an intermediate Warden. The above are just some examples of things that can be done.)
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Spear+shield+fist (also written sp-sh-f or even 1-2-3) means using those three gambit builder skills quick-thrust, shield bash, warden's taunt then use the execute gambit skill, which will show the Power Attack gambit at that point.

    The spear/spear skill is a mastery. It sets up the two builders without making an attack to make it faster to get to the gambit. You also have spear/shield and spear/fist masteries. This means you could use spear/shield+fist or spear-shield/fist (from shield mastery) to get the Power Attack off faster.

    Edit: Reread your question and you could indeed use spear/shield then fist/fist to get the Power Attack off even faster. You would not get the effects of the gambit builder skills, but it is much faster.
    Now that I am on my char looking things over I don't have any of those skills you mentioned.

    quick-thrust (I have a skill called Quick Toss is that it?)
    shield bash (I think this is a guardian skill no?)
    warden's taunt (I don't think I have any taunt skills yet.)

    Can anyone shine some light on this?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Thantwan View Post
    I am a level 30 Warden and I would like to know which Gambits I should use in combination to make the the best DPS.
    If it is any help, I believe in you skills panel (default K?) there are your "skills, passive, mounts and possible Gambit combos". Good Luck

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphentis View Post
    Now that I am on my char looking things over I don't have any of those skills you mentioned.

    quick-thrust (I have a skill called Quick Toss is that it?)
    shield bash (I think this is a guardian skill no?)
    warden's taunt (I don't think I have any taunt skills yet.)

    Can anyone shine some light on this?
    You're in the ranged stance. Some of the skills change names when you swap between stances.

    Here's how they look in ranged (Assailment)



    Here's how they look in melee (In the Fray)

    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,205
    That is hard to look at.

    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphentis View Post
    Now that I am on my char looking things over I don't have any of those skills you mentioned.

    warden's taunt (I don't think I have any taunt skills yet.)

    Can anyone shine some light on this?
    Wardens have only one forced taunt skill.

    U get it by putting points in the 'Defiant Challenge' from the blue tree

    Shield Bash is your shield builder in Determination (blue line). As noted above names change depending on the stance / trait tree ure using.

  15. #15
    The best ranged skill in the game is owned by Wardens.

    Sp-Sh Assailment Stance = Ranged Boot.

    You take your footwear off, throw it at the enemy and make it go :O, interrupting its inductions.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    267
    LOL

    Now that was hilarious.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    You're in the ranged stance. Some of the skills change names when you swap between stances.

    Here's how they look in ranged (Assailment)



    Here's how they look in melee (In the Fray)

    Your colours in game are totally messed up. Also you might want to get weapon damage scroll for your warden. And lastly your damage is beyond terrible as level 100. Quick thrust should have double base damage even with 30k mastery in tank traits. Also why you pick up for the free peoples?

  18. #18
    For ranged my favourite is to spam ranged wall of steel (I love when the proc comes up that makes mastery's have no cool down, spamming Spear-Shield mastery to build ranged wall of steel definitely cuts down on the sluggish pace of ranged wardens), and for melee spear of virtue and surety of death, those two dot's tick for 3k light damage each, its wonderful. Also, when running yellow line, who else notices that ranged wall of steel crits insanely higher than any other gambit? For me i've seen it get as high as 21k crits.
    ‘All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.’ – Gandalf the Grey
    Etho- Level 100 Warden
    Lellorandol- Level 86 Hunter
    Xalios- Level 75 Lore Master
    Dorieth- Level 50 Champion
    Azmakar- Level 42 Beorning

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Your colours in game are totally messed up. Also you might want to get weapon damage scroll for your warden. And lastly your damage is beyond terrible as level 100. Quick thrust should have double base damage even with 30k mastery in tank traits. Also why you pick up for the free peoples?
    1) I'm partially blind so I have the colors set so I can actually see them. Thanks SweetFX.
    2) I didn't ask for advice.
    3) My character was holding a level 93 untraited decon LI at the time.
    4) I didn't ask for advice.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    4,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    1) I'm partially blind so I have the colors set so I can actually see them. Thanks SweetFX.
    2) I didn't ask for advice.
    3) My character was holding a level 93 untraited decon LI at the time.
    4) I didn't ask for advice.
    1) Holy fewmets! I can read the red lettering in your screenie (I'm colorblind). I'm goind to have to investigate using SweetFX.

    Thanks!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload