We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Combat logging?

Combat logging?

Ok. So I'm confused over combat logging. I got accused by someone this morning of being a combat-logger and and apparently this is a bad thing and was enough to exclude me from a freep group. Which is kinda funny since if I am doing it, its without knowing anything about it.

He said something about my having an "r1 Reaver", "fail", being a "combat logger" and telling me to "delete it". Honestly, I wish people would type full sentences if they're going to flame you. I can't figure out what the hell he was talking about.

Anyway, I do have an r0 reaver that I have played about 3 times and not once in the past 6 mos. I don't even know how he figured out I had a r0 reaver in the first place. So can anyone decode this?

What is combat logging? What does it have to do with a rarely if ever used r0 reaver that I don't use (if anything)?

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Snows-Minions View Post
    Ok. So I'm confused over combat logging. I got accused by someone this morning of being a combat-logger and and apparently this is a bad thing and was enough to exclude me from a freep group. Which is kinda funny since if I am doing it, its without knowing anything about it.

He said something about my having an "r1 Reaver", "fail", being a "combat logger" and telling me to "delete it". Honestly, I wish people would type full sentences if they're going to flame you. I can't figure out what the hell he was talking about.

Anyway, I do have an r0 reaver that I have played about 3 times and not once in the past 6 mos. I don't even know how he figured out I had a r0 reaver in the first place. So can anyone decode this?

What is combat logging? What does it have to do with a rarely if ever used r0 reaver that I don't use (if anything)?
    Combat logging is when you log out of the game while in combat, preventing the attacker from scoring the killing blow, and preventing the attacker from defeating you, and being bestowed renown/infamy. In all honesty, in the situation, I would just say that you don't do it. Someone probably just doesn't like you and wanted to flame you for it. Just /ignore add [said player] and go on with your life. If anyone asks you about it, explain what you explained here.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Combat logging is when you log out of the game while in combat, preventing the attacker from scoring the killing blow, and preventing the attacker from defeating you, and being bestowed renown/infamy. In all honesty, in the situation, I would just say that you don't do it. Someone probably just doesn't like you and wanted to flame you for it. Just /ignore add [said player] and go on with your life. If anyone asks you about it, explain what you explained here.
    Thanks for replying and setting me straight. I don't mind taking some heat. I just wanted to know what it was that I supposedly did.
    I've definitely never combat logged - at least not on purpose - so you're probably right. It's likely someone that plays creepside regularly and didn't like being on the receiving end of a beating or two.

There is a "circle" of players in the moors,your ether in or out.experience
    has shown that if one of them titles you as a "fail" then there in no point
    in explaining anything,I know because I tried to explain that lotro was my
    first online mmo,first as in never played before in a mmo/pvp other than
    a fps like battlefield/call of duty which is just run&gun really.All they cared
    about was all the fail qq in chat.

just go with the other players that are here to play as there
    are still plenty of other/nicer players in the game that just want
    to group & play the game and not be worried about some self
    titled pro/fail status.Like robbie1435 said,could have been someone
    just trying to flame/troll you,just put them on ignore then play and have fun.

but then aarndeath ur best combatlogger on server
    /bow
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Jasthelion View Post
    but then aarndeath ur best combatlogger on server
    /bow
    thank you,thank you.it took some practice (not really) to get there.Gotta say
    that this is the very first MMO and the first time in a PvP area like the moors.

too bad there ain't more players in the moors that are just here to
    play the game and not qq all the time cause others ain't as pro as
    they decided freeps should be,might be more fun to be able to
    group and quite running solo 99% of the time and have to
    develop my mad CL skills.
    Last edited by Arandeath; Jun 27 2014 at 09:16 PM.

random stuff that has nothing to do with anything. :p

today at approximately 2 am a warg died in the Isendeep mine for
    no reason,though given a chance to disappear and go on with his
    life he chose to stay, it's possible he lost his chance to disappear
    to skill cool-down. Whatever the affliction that caused him to stay
    and harass rather than go on with his life,I was left with no choice
    but to unsheathe Dragons Fang (2nd age 2 handed sword) and
    end his suffering so that he may finally rest in peace.

names have been withheld out of respect for the privacy of any
    pups that may have been left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandeath View Post
    today at approximately 2 am a warg died in the Isendeep mine for
    no reason,though given a chance to disappear and go on with his
    life he chose to stay, it's possible he lost his chance to disappear
    to skill cool-down. Whatever the affliction that caused him to stay
    and harass rather than go on with his life,I was left with no choice
    but to unsheathe Dragons Fang (2nd age 2 handed sword) and
    end his suffering so that he may finally rest in peace.

names have been withheld out of respect for the privacy of any
    pups that may have been left behind.

Sometimes monkeys throw bananas at people to make them laugh.

P.S.

I heard Friends of Kirnana GG > Gallanhaels Legacy... it must be true.

:O

Less Than Three~ Thunderboltz
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fb85e/signature.png]Thunderboltz[/charsig]