- "Enemy Archer" zone now gives an eye with a continual high damge dot that takes a % of your max morale instead of an instant kill zone on the maps.
- Epic Battles now scale to Level 100 instead of Level 95.
I have to say I really like the Enemy Archer zone. Its a lot more helpful to us as players to have a clearer understanding of the areas in which we can get hit and die quickly in on the map. It also helps us in setting up defences as we know where we can and can't place our defences.
- Guarding the Watchtower: placed clubs & torches in the hands of the attackers
- Fixed “Enemy Archer” zones that were missing or badly placed
- Powder at the Gate: attempted fix for issue where last wave of sappers would just stand still
- Stone Obstruction: archers fire longer each time you tell them to shoot
The Stone Obstruction change to have archers fire for a longer period of time is going to be really helpful for players who are running this Solo/Duo since it was never possible to keep more than 2 archers firing at a time.
The Guarding the Watchtower change to have clubs and torches is a nice cosmetic change. Since before the only way to definitely tell the difference between the main quest and the side quest npcs where the mob names if you had those on.
- Spider boss Scrimgrit hits a little harder than before; we gave her some extra skills
- Bombs & Bats: fixed but where killing multiple sappers at once could prevent quest from completion
- Touched up appearance and placement of several “Enemy Archer” zones
Bombs and Bats nolonger bugging due to killing to many sappers is great to see fixed. This was an issue on a number of kill x/y side quests across all Epic Battles and each one has had this specific change need to occur in order to not bug out on people consistantly.
If Scrimgrit is going to have extra skills and be harder then the quest needs to have a longer timer. I know I still have issues as it is on live getting this quest done on time and getting anything higher than gold and its entirely due to the quest timer.
- Ladders: fewer trolls and they only show up later, reduced HP of hooks by roughly 20%, slowed spawn rate of sappers coming up the ladders
This change to the Ladders quest sounds good.
Ok now for the two big issues we haven't seen make it into any builds yet...
In a recent Live Stream we learned that it is intended to have the aggro mechanic changed so that any foe who isn't already engaged or with a task if hit first by a player will target and aggro on that player. This change has the potential to drastically change Epic Battles and make them much more enjoyable for the players. I realy hope this makes it into Update 14.
Somewhere in the past I could have sworn I heard it mentioned that it was intended to make it so that aoe heals will be altered to apply to Soldiers/Captain/Workers just like they do in Skirmishes. I've not seen this mentioned in any release notes yet but this is a change that would be very very handy for those of us who heal. Its a royal pain to have to single target heal every soldier in the instances and hope you get all the ones that need healing before one falls. Please put in a change for this.
A few questions about Platinum Rewards.
- Is there going to be a new Level 100 Jewelry vendor at Dol Amroth to allow people to exchange seals for Teal Class Jewelry?
- With Update 13 we had the old gold rewards removed from the loot table and new gold rewards added for the jewelry pieces that didn't already have gold rewards. Are all of the gold jewelry drops going to be reactivated or are only certain pieces going to have the option to be obtained?