We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    That's what the Delving was designed for. To be able to get across the other side of the Moors faster.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000c031c/01006/signature.png]Ridka[/charsig]

Out of raid situations I think it is good that freeps dont have maps I would rather horse everywhere, catch my opponent than to use a map to get away or to get to my group quicker coz im scared to travel alone.

Not having maps helps people to find the 1v1 fights to not be involved in the raids if they dont want to be.

Maps and March on freep side...
    PASS

Freeps don't need maps.
    Just cut creeps map to half.
    Leave PISEN, GTR, CTA - all 10m CD (and it is almost full coverage of map). Problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    Freeps don't need maps.
    Leave PISEN, GTR, CTA - all 10m CD (and it is almost full coverage of map). Problem is solved.

worst idea ever

Quote Originally Posted by irkel View Post
    worst idea ever
    Aye, no more zergs for you newbs. Can't handle ? LOL

Freeps don't need maps.
    leave gisen too! such a long march from grams to dwarf camp

and cisen. i need it to gank questers at groth

Quote Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
    leave gisen too! such a long march from grams to dwarf camp

and cisen. i need it to gank questers at groth
    Okay, lets add GISEN to this list, works fine for me
    No CISEN though, PISEN is a way to go to groth and surrounding areas. If you could mention, I've listed those maps on purpose, that they are not exactly in questing areas.

How about instead of having the current GV freeps have being a 30min CD, decrease the time to maybe 10-15min?

Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    How about instead of having the current GV freeps have being a 30min CD, decrease the time to maybe 10-15min?
    I think this would be the way to go except make it as short as creeps good maps.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Why not 1minute?
    Also I like the idea of an EC map

it would be sweet to have an ec map and OR map on 10 min cd each.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I don't think freeps should have a map to OR. They have the fire escape from GV to OR. I'm on the fence about the EC map idea. Since there are really only two ways to get out of EC - through the Delving or out the front entrance - I feel that it would be a camping grounds for Wargs and burrowed spiders.

And houseofcards, a minute CD for map to GV sounds a little ridiculous to me. Since freeps have horses I don't think a 1min map would call for it. I just *feel* like 1 minute is too short as well as 5 minutes. Horrible way to explain it, but I feel that 10-15min CD is better.

I don't think freeps should have a map to OR. They have the fire escape from GV to OR. I'm on the fence about the EC map idea. Since there are really only two ways to get out of EC - through the Delving or out the front entrance - I feel that it would be a camping grounds for Wargs and burrowed spiders.

And houseofcards, a minute CD for map to GV sounds a little ridiculous to me. Since freeps have horses I don't think a 1min map would call for it. I just *feel* like 1 minute is too short as well as 5 minutes. Horrible way to explain it, but I feel that 10-15min CD is better.

Fair point on the GV map. But I still don't think 1min would be that bad.
    And yeah the EC will most definitely attract spiders and wargs(give the ec npcs stealth detect? )

If wargs don't know that you're mapping in there, why would they sit there? Any map spot can be camped by freeps currently. Although creeps have a lot more options.

I domt feel like having gv on a five minute cd is too much at all. It's one map compared to creeps fifteen. Creeps grams map is also only one minute. Creeps have maps and march. Freeps could have one map on a shorter cd and horses. It would certainly be nice to have an option other than trekking through the delving (dealing with pointless npcs) or death porting when the maps on cd and the action is at tr gv or ost.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    If wargs don't know that you're mapping in there, why would they sit there? Any map spot can be camped by freeps currently. Although creeps have a lot more options.

I domt feel like having gv on a five minute cd is too much at all. It's one map compared to creeps fifteen. Creeps grams map is also only one minute. Creeps have maps and march. Freeps could have one map on a shorter cd and horses. It would certainly be nice to have an option other than trekking through the delving (dealing with pointless npcs) or death porting when the maps on cd and the action is at tr gv or ost.

wargs camp the OR one-shots and tr-gv area. To be fair though in RoR burgs and hunters camped grams slugs.
    Ezmoders are patient and will wait hours for unsuspecting freep/creep.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    Agreed. Would also like one in between, like a GTA map. Maybe a map to old EC or an ETA map in the norbogs.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

I have no problem w/ Freeps having ( as in questing for crude. poor and good versions) similiar maps to Creeps in slightly different locations. Mounts obviously have to be disabled though.

I just want a dam mailbox in grams....
    Ahrondir

Quote Originally Posted by dagorlad91806 View Post
    I have no problem w/ Freeps having ( as in questing for crude. poor and good versions) similiar maps to Creeps in slightly different locations. Mounts obviously have to be disabled though.

I just want a dam mailbox in grams....
    I want your behind back on your home server newbie
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Aye, no more zergs for you newbs. Can't handle ? LOL

insulting people of newbs... when u throw idea without thinking about it.... freeps and creeps are not playing on the same mechanics...

we technically only have 1 port every 30mn, 1 every 10 mn and 1 every 5 mn... and we need to choose wisely... nothing OP there...

Quote Originally Posted by irkel View Post
    insulting people of newbs... when u throw idea without thinking about it.... freeps and creeps are not playing on the same mechanics...

we technically only have 1 port every 30mn, 1 every 10 mn and 1 every 5 mn... and we need to choose wisely... nothing OP there...
    and a grams map every minute

Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Freeps need increased mobility around the map, in terms of moving from one point to another in a matter of seconds, rather than walking/running/marching/horsing it which can literally take a minute in some cases.

Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps.

/balance
    thats not a bad idea! "Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps." dont do this tho, they can just make some new map locations. the dwarf camp up near isen, maybe a map near the old plains op, somthing in or around hh, and something near tr. all of them poor or crude maps. i feel like if they make them a 5 min cd its going to be a bit much, 10 mins may even be pushing it. either way, the gv map should go on cd when you use these, and disable the milestone skills while in the moors if freeps get these maps.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    thats not a bad idea! "Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps." dont do this tho, they can just make some new map locations. the dwarf camp up near isen, maybe a map near the old plains op, somthing in or around hh, and something near tr. all of them poor or crude maps. i feel like if they make them a 5 min cd its going to be a bit much, 10 mins may even be pushing it. either way, the gv map should go on cd when you use these, and disable the milestone skills while in the moors if freeps get these maps.
    while i agree with most of this the GV map is a 30min cd and the milestone map isnt going to help freeps get to a creep faster.

Personally i dont have a problem not having maps but id find a way to move maps away from rez and Ops but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    and a grams map every minute

to be honest i dont understand why freeps cant have a 1mn cd map for GV

Goat for devling pls !

From a gaming perspective (Freep-side), I would appreciate a map to EC, or HH. Any more than that, and I feel as though the game would devolve into map-in wars, and perhaps negate the function of the landscape all-together.

It is no doubt frustrating at times when a raid of creeps (or craid) maps in to your very position, but their ability to map to variuos locactions also keeps the game moving, with either Freeps on the hunt, or on the run. I can appreciate the excitement that generates for me as a player.

Before maps and travel are reworked, I feel that other areas of PvMP must first be improved upon ...
    Empirius, Hunter
    Empirium, Lore-Master
    Gladden server

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast