We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Freeps need some form of maps

Freeps need increased mobility around the map, in terms of moving from one point to another in a matter of seconds, rather than walking/running/marching/horsing it which can literally take a minute in some cases.

Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps.

/balance
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Freeps need increased mobility around the map, in terms of moving from one point to another in a matter of seconds, rather than walking/running/marching/horsing it which can literally take a minute in some cases.

/balance
    First of all, how are you Rubicon? Honestly there is never going to be balance because look how many people have left since Turbine decided, hey lets try the trait trees and see how many people will like it. The answer is most of the people didn't like it and since there is no new end game raid then people moved onto other games that do. Each day I'm hearing bad news about people transferring to other servers and the most common one people say is Brandywine. Is Brandywine jam packed like Sardines in a can while the other servers turn into an abandoned home? I'm not disagreeing with your idea but I think the devs will look at this and then throw it out the window.
    - Second Marshall Battalion-1 ( Currently Semi-retired from Lotro )

/balance

You can have good isen,

Ok but in all seriousness I agree with you. It's really annoying to die and get spawned halfway across the map back to gv.
    But considering freeps already have mounts, I think they should only get maybe a 1 minute map to EC and a 1 minute map to that npc area east of ptr.
    Last edited by Girum19; Jun 21 2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: typo

/balance
    The moors is the creeps zone never going to happen. we have horses they have maps
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

so after reading some of your threads RGilthanas... your way to fix imbalance is to give every good stuffs creeps have... to freeps ?

Quote Originally Posted by thebravecaptain247 View Post
    First of all, how are you Rubicon? Honestly there is never going to be balance because look how many people have left since Turbine decided, hey lets try the trait trees and see how many people will like it. The answer is most of the people didn't like it and since there is no new end game raid then people moved onto other games that do. Each day I'm hearing bad news about people transferring to other servers and the most common one people say is Brandywine. Is Brandywine jam packed like Sardines in a can while the other servers turn into an abandoned home? I'm not disagreeing with your idea but I think the devs will look at this and then throw it out the window.
    Buddy it's good to see you're still sticking around. Brandywine does have its zergtastic moments, but like I say, better to have action than no action.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    The moors is the creeps zone never going to happen. we have horses they have maps
    I know. I would rather say something and hope I'm heard rather than waiting for someone else to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by irkel View Post
    so after reading some of your threads RGilthanas... your way to fix imbalance is to give every good stuffs creeps have... to freeps ?
    No. Simply trying to update outdated mechanics/playstyles that aren't necessary in today's moors. One so happens to be that creeps no longer need to have the ability to map anywhere quickly and overwhelm freeps simply by greater numbers. A small group of creeps can do extremely well, nothing like "back in the day".

Note: this isn't QQ. I'm actually very happy with today's parity between freeps and creeps, it just needs a few tweaks here and there.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

So youd be fine with losing your horse for maps? Creeps arent OP as everyone thinks they are right now, they have one class that got to much love and everything jumps to the thoughts of oh good creeps are OP.

Maps are something creeps got for hard work and one of the few advantages over freeps and i honestly dont think that should change at all. the only negative from it is those who like to call out people around a map spot tends to invite a zerg but thats been like that for 7 years so the best way to avoid that is dont fight around map spots.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    So youd be fine with losing your horse for maps? Creeps arent OP as everyone thinks they are right now, they have one class that got to much love and everything jumps to the thoughts of oh good creeps are OP.
    Another statement that is only based on your own experience. Weavers, defilers, reavers and wargs are all OP (wargs are just easy to play, not OP, but still strong). BA's burst is fairly strong, but far from OP. The fact that you have no problem killing them on an LM, does not mean they're not strong. In fact, it's mostly because the LM is in a good shape right now. Good luck taking on any of those OP classes I mentioned on a champion, hunter, burglar, captain or (the average) warden.

In groups, however, things appear to be quite balanced... Except for defiler heals and the damn Impale.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

/balance
    thats not a bad idea! "Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps." dont do this tho, they can just make some new map locations. the dwarf camp up near isen, maybe a map near the old plains op, somthing in or around hh, and something near tr. all of them poor or crude maps. i feel like if they make them a 5 min cd its going to be a bit much, 10 mins may even be pushing it. either way, the gv map should go on cd when you use these, and disable the milestone skills while in the moors if freeps get these maps.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    thats not a bad idea! "Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps." dont do this tho, they can just make some new map locations. the dwarf camp up near isen, maybe a map near the old plains op, somthing in or around hh, and something near tr. all of them poor or crude maps. i feel like if they make them a 5 min cd its going to be a bit much, 10 mins may even be pushing it. either way, the gv map should go on cd when you use these, and disable the milestone skills while in the moors if freeps get these maps.
    while i agree with most of this the GV map is a 30min cd and the milestone map isnt going to help freeps get to a creep faster.

Personally i dont have a problem not having maps but id find a way to move maps away from rez and Ops but thats just me.