We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can we nerf the spiders yet

So I'm not one to complain a lot except for maybe ganking at GTA but one thing I've been getting fed up with is the spiders
    I know some classes might not have problems with them but as a r7 burglar who can only do melee is is very aggravating having 2 bleeds take me down half health. Spiders shouldnt have that type of damage period and cc and be able to kite.

This is not ment to be a QQ thread but in a way it is. I know they needed a buff they were in a terrible position but they went over the top with this. For instance when I'm attacking a spider an it pops reflect with full venom pips and my hips is down? I will die before reflect goes off because they can sit there and beat on me while I go try to find a tree to hide behind. Being able to kite with the amount of dps with the amount of dot damage is extremely high.

All the ezmoders are rolling spiders now haha
    Last edited by stormshadowking; Jul 04 2014 at 11:10 AM.
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    All the ezmoders are rolling spiders now haha

Well, at least that keeps them off their wardens and cappies.

Hopefully essences will help freeps with tactical damage. I don't think any changes should occur until u14 is out and freeps are geared or we could see a complete flip to freeps being op and creeps back at the one yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    Hopefully essences will help freeps with tactical damage. I don't think any changes should occur until u14 is out and freeps are geared or we could see a complete flip to freeps being op and creeps back at the one yard line.
    You can't use essenced geared in Ettenmoors, unless you want to part with all your Audacity. So, nothing changes here.
    Spiders reflect is getting nerfed and no longer will reflect dot effects.
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 105 Burg R9 | Nemene - 105 RK R11 | Mellar - 105 MIN || Morrolan - 105 LM R8 | Rashek - 105 WRD | Loilosh - 105 CPT | Loixus - 105 BRN
    Loiosh - R13 WL | Paqk - R8 Spider | Magru - R7 Def | Burgker - R6 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Axeny View Post
    Yeah, that is a pretty welcome change right there. I think it's too soon to start asking for more nerfs until we see how U14 pans out. They are pretty much the most potent class on creep-side, I can't argue with that. Way too many tricks up their sleeve for one class.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I do believe they said U15 for essence on moors gear.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Arkenstone ~ R9 RiseAgainst Reaver ~ R9 PowerWolf Warleader ~ R11 Armdyl LoreMaster

You can't use essenced geared in Ettenmoors, unless you want to part with all your Audacity. So, nothing changes here.
    Well for one spiders vs burgs don't even need to pop reflect. I was getting ganked by spider at gta over and over and never once had to pop reflect they killed me to soon. Also burg has 3 bleeds max in red line and so it's not that significant like vs wardens
    Last edited by stormshadowking; Jul 05 2014 at 12:08 PM.
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

how about ya stop having the 1v1 circles at a map in. or make a raid and play like its intended group play
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001f2e51/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by goober2 View Post
    how about ya stop having the 1v1 circles at a map in. or make a raid and play like its intended group play
    How about you don't know are server rules and maybe I like 1v1s....see I can do it to

Quote Originally Posted by goober2 View Post
    Game is what you make of it not what others think it is intended to be.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Well for one spiders vs burgs don't even need to pop reflect. I was getting gabled by spider at gat over and over and never once had to pop reflect they killed me to soon. Also burg has 3 bleeds max in red line and so it's not that significant like vs wardens
    Spiders were always the burgler counters, so nothing has changed here its possible to kill a spider if you ambush him and manage to interrupt his burrow. But the wisest thing right now for a burgler is to avoid high ranked spiders.
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 105 Burg R9 | Nemene - 105 RK R11 | Mellar - 105 MIN || Morrolan - 105 LM R8 | Rashek - 105 WRD | Loilosh - 105 CPT | Loixus - 105 BRN
    Loiosh - R13 WL | Paqk - R8 Spider | Magru - R7 Def | Burgker - R6 Warg

Spiders were always the burgler counters, so nothing has changed here its possible to kill a spider if you ambush him and manage to interrupt his burrow. But the wisest thing right now for a burgler is to avoid high ranked spiders.
    Maybe they are the burgs counter but either way it shouldn't be impossible to kill a high ranked spider

Maybe they are the burgs counter but either way it shouldn't be impossible to kill a high ranked spider
    This is true for a lot of classes.
    1. Captain
    2. Champ
    3. Hunter
    4. Burg
    5. RK

5 out of 9 classes really don't stand a chance against a decent high ranked spider. In groups they are rather OP as well: CC combined with DPS and power drains.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    This is true for a lot of classes.
    1. Captain
    2. Champ
    3. Hunter
    4. Burg
    5. RK

5 out of 9 classes really don't stand a chance against a decent high ranked spider. In groups they are rather OP as well: CC combined with DPS and power drains.
    your continous QQ is funny, really.

what classes havent got any chance against a decent warden?

1. warg
    2. BA
    3. reaver
    4. defiler
    5. warleader
    with U14 also: 6. spiders

so thats 6 out of 6 not talking about yellow cappys, guards, LMs here. take it that you cant kill every class solo since it is reasonable or go play candy crush...

Quote Originally Posted by ISS_21 View Post

1. warg
    2. BA
    3. reaver
    4. defiler
    5. warleader

so thats 6 out of 6 not talking about yellow cappys, guards, LMs here. take it that you cant kill every class solo since it is reasonable or go play candy crush...
    disagree with reaver and warg

1. warg
    2. BA
    3. reaver
    4. defiler
    5. warleader

On my warden, DECENT wargs do very well versus me, and since outside of 1v1 circles, it's literally impossible for me to find a solo warg, I find them pretty competitive, versus the strongest freep melee class (and a tank, at that).

BA's are also not in a bad spot right now, they also do well if played right, and with a 50% heal mod (I don't heal 1v1, but if I were to...) that is going to be a tremendous boon to any BA.

Reaver... Doesn't stand a chance against a warden, are you out of your mind? Reaver has literally no competition both on freepside and creepside as far as burst, survivability, solo utility and general facerolling goes. The only thing I'll give this class to it's difficulty, is the fact that a good rotation makes all the difference. But a good reaver often beats me 1v1.

Defiler... I have no words for this, if you lose any 1v1 on your defiler unless you're using no heals (and even then, to be honest......) you're doing something wrong.

WL... The same. I haven't fought any WLs (including rank 13s, 14s and 15s) except ONE, that don't healspam endlessly on me, which quite literally makes them nearly impossible to kill. If they heal, I will also heal and it's usually a never-ending fight. If they don't heal and I don't heal, it's quite close, and often-times I lose, but as I say, there's really only one or two that actually don't heal 1v1.

As far as it goes, creepside right now is extremely faceroll versus most freep classes 1v1 (not-a-1v1-game-so-they-keep-saying), the fact that freepsides strongest competitor, the warden, isn't a match for the majority of creep classes says it all, those it is a match for it's often a close fight. And don't even get me started on spiders. They don't need bleed reflect to be ridiculously overpowered, personally the bleed reflect was just a bug the way I see it, and exploiters and ezmoders were using that as much as possible, I didn't even consider it part of what made the class so faceroll overpowered, and as of U14, that still has not changed.

If you legitimately think that no creep class is competitive or even better than a warden in a fight 1v1, you're doing it wrong.

I will give it to the person who mentioned LMs though, but this is only true if they spam waterlore endlessly and a reaver for example doesn't use Dying rage for a 15k impale 5k DS, second 5k DS combo, which I do all the time if a LM can actually get me below half health through spamming wrath to counter their waterlore.

As people keep saying though, it's not a 1v1 game, but right now there's some serious competition, creepside has had the biggest buff it's ever had and some classes are ridiculously overpowered when compared to their freep counterparts, stop complaining about u14, and wardens.
    Leader of Hysteria

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    On my warden, DECENT wargs do very well versus me, and since outside of 1v1 circles, it's literally impossible for me to find a solo warg, I find them pretty competitive, versus the strongest freep melee class (and a tank, at that).

BA's are also not in a bad spot right now, they also do well if played right, and with a 50% heal mod (I don't heal 1v1, but if I were to...) that is going to be a tremendous boon to any BA.

Reaver... Doesn't stand a chance against a warden, are you out of your mind? Reaver has literally no competition both on freepside and creepside as far as burst, survivability, solo utility and general facerolling goes. The only thing I'll give this class to it's difficulty, is the fact that a good rotation makes all the difference. But a good reaver often beats me 1v1.

Defiler... I have no words for this, if you lose any 1v1 on your defiler unless you're using no heals (and even then, to be honest......) you're doing something wrong.

WL... The same. I haven't fought any WLs (including rank 13s, 14s and 15s) except ONE, that don't healspam endlessly on me, which quite literally makes them nearly impossible to kill. If they heal, I will also heal and it's usually a never-ending fight. If they don't heal and I don't heal, it's quite close, and often-times I lose, but as I say, there's really only one or two that actually don't heal 1v1.

As far as it goes, creepside right now is extremely faceroll versus most freep classes 1v1 (not-a-1v1-game-so-they-keep-saying), the fact that freepsides strongest competitor, the warden, isn't a match for the majority of creep classes says it all, those it is a match for it's often a close fight. And don't even get me started on spiders. They don't need bleed reflect to be ridiculously overpowered, personally the bleed reflect was just a bug the way I see it, and exploiters and ezmoders were using that as much as possible, I didn't even consider it part of what made the class so faceroll overpowered, and as of U14, that still has not changed.

If you legitimately think that no creep class is competitive or even better than a warden in a fight 1v1, you're doing it wrong.

I will give it to the person who mentioned LMs though, but this is only true if they spam waterlore endlessly and a reaver for example doesn't use Dying rage for a 15k impale 5k DS, second 5k DS combo, which I do all the time if a LM can actually get me below half health through spamming wrath to counter their waterlore.

As people keep saying though, it's not a 1v1 game, but right now there's some serious competition, creepside has had the biggest buff it's ever had and some classes are ridiculously overpowered when compared to their freep counterparts, stop complaining about u14, and wardens.
    Ive had Reavers using DR in a 1v1 which i guess is fine but most find it wrong in 1v1s but vs my LM and at that time i have many options to use to save my butt so obtion A)Eldars Grace and B) save my Zoo(since i 1v1 reavers blue line) and they absorb most of my damage plus heal me.

So im pretty much looking at a dead Reaver after.

But i do agree with alot of what you just said creeps are in a good spot right now so they really dont have much to complain about.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

I'm all for nerding spiders!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    you might not be a decent high rank warden then.

just to note, it was never a question of "losing" a 1 vs 1, since the burg dont need to fight spiders, he can just go on or disappear. it was a question of can certain classes beat a warden, with all he has (doesnt matter if some wardens dont use never surrender in 1 vs 1 for example, they still can use it, when they want) so defilers and wls cant, since there dps isnt high enough, not even to dps through heal gambits. wargs cant, since warden bleeds can kill you in seconds and hips doesnt help at all. no comment about BAs, if a warden really lose against on of them... well... spiders without the reflect on dots, wardens can just faceroll dot them to death, again.

so reavers: agree reavers have a chance, but when wardens use two times never surrender, what they can while spamming bleeds, even a reaver dont have any chance. its just ridiculous that they can use it twice and healgambits aswell with this insane dps abilities. imagine a reaver could use AtO twice, would be the same.

Ps. the exception for LMs doesnt make any sense, since they can spam waterlore and why shouldnt they do it to be op? would be the same when someone argues spiders are just op when they pop reflect.

since there is almost at least one of each classes on my server that is competitive to almost all creep classes, it cant be a problem of underpowered. if so, how can this peeps beat creeps solo?

1. warg
    2. BA
    3. reaver
    4. defiler
    5. warleader

Are you serious? If your reaver, defiler or spider (without reflect) can't beat a warden, you should delete, seriously. Spiders have a very good chance, the other ones shouldn't even lose if they don't want to. Also, WL's aren't in so bad of a spot either. If you'd bother stance swapping you can be quite annoying in 1v1. Wargs (good ones, anyway) can rip a warden apart in 15s or so. If no self-healing, at least. But then again, stuns + debuffs can make the self heals rather hard to get going, at times.

Funny how you're accusing me of QQ'ing while I'm only pointing out facts.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Weaver's have always been a hard counter to most melee classes, obviously subject to change based on individual class tweaks/overhauls. I think part of the current problem stems from the general versatility of the class. They are currently what the Warden class was previously with the addition of strong CC.

My current gripe (outside of TC) is the lack of a hard counter to weaver mechanics. Catch prey is tough to break for most melee classes, you also have to deal with a low CD TC, full burrow heal, 25% health pot, high DoT damage, strong mitigation's, and faster movement speed. There are currently very few counters or draw backs to the class.

Yesterday, rank 7 spider (fully store bought though) defeted me and a rank 13 lore master inside the elf camp with all npcs on him, 2-2 at outposts.
    If that's how it is supposed to be... Well done devs!!
    Trait trees have ruined the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post
    Yesterday, rank 7 spider (fully store bought though) defeted me and a rank 13 lore master inside the elf camp with all npcs on him, 2-2 at outposts.
    lol what a bad LM
    Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post
    soloed plenty of spiders on lm high ranked without blue line or wotc, so unless he was afk he didnt do a very good job..^^

We may have done few wrong moves, but he's a good lm (nobody on our server can claim otherwise) and me being somewhat good hunter, and weaver knows how to play his class, but still, their dps is just insane. Something should be done about it.
    Same goes for defilers' heals. 3 high ranked (12, 12, 11) hunters in red can't bring a single R11 defiler down, with timed hs and ms.
    It's just crazy.

I was for tweaking both weavers and defilers a bit, but this is just way too much.

We may not be the best of the best, but things like that... make more and more people everyday to ragelog and/or level their other toons.
    Trait trees have ruined the game

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast