We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,119

    Freeps need some form of maps

    Freeps need increased mobility around the map, in terms of moving from one point to another in a matter of seconds, rather than walking/running/marching/horsing it which can literally take a minute in some cases.

    Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps.

    /balance
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Freeps need increased mobility around the map, in terms of moving from one point to another in a matter of seconds, rather than walking/running/marching/horsing it which can literally take a minute in some cases.

    Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps.

    /balance
    First of all, how are you Rubicon? Honestly there is never going to be balance because look how many people have left since Turbine decided, hey lets try the trait trees and see how many people will like it. The answer is most of the people didn't like it and since there is no new end game raid then people moved onto other games that do. Each day I'm hearing bad news about people transferring to other servers and the most common one people say is Brandywine. Is Brandywine jam packed like Sardines in a can while the other servers turn into an abandoned home? I'm not disagreeing with your idea but I think the devs will look at this and then throw it out the window.
    - Second Marshall Battalion-1 ( Currently Semi-retired from Lotro )

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Freeps need increased mobility around the map, in terms of moving from one point to another in a matter of seconds, rather than walking/running/marching/horsing it which can literally take a minute in some cases.

    Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps.

    /balance

    You can have good isen,

    Ok but in all seriousness I agree with you. It's really annoying to die and get spawned halfway across the map back to gv.
    But considering freeps already have mounts, I think they should only get maybe a 1 minute map to EC and a 1 minute map to that npc area east of ptr.
    Last edited by Girum19; Jun 21 2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: typo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Freeps need increased mobility around the map, in terms of moving from one point to another in a matter of seconds, rather than walking/running/marching/horsing it which can literally take a minute in some cases.

    Take away 2 or 3 Good Creep maps and give them to Freeps.

    /balance
    The moors is the creeps zone never going to happen. we have horses they have maps
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Quebec city, Canada
    Posts
    857
    so after reading some of your threads RGilthanas... your way to fix imbalance is to give every good stuffs creeps have... to freeps ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,119
    Quote Originally Posted by thebravecaptain247 View Post
    First of all, how are you Rubicon? Honestly there is never going to be balance because look how many people have left since Turbine decided, hey lets try the trait trees and see how many people will like it. The answer is most of the people didn't like it and since there is no new end game raid then people moved onto other games that do. Each day I'm hearing bad news about people transferring to other servers and the most common one people say is Brandywine. Is Brandywine jam packed like Sardines in a can while the other servers turn into an abandoned home? I'm not disagreeing with your idea but I think the devs will look at this and then throw it out the window.
    Buddy it's good to see you're still sticking around. Brandywine does have its zergtastic moments, but like I say, better to have action than no action.

    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    The moors is the creeps zone never going to happen. we have horses they have maps
    I know. I would rather say something and hope I'm heard rather than waiting for someone else to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by irkel View Post
    so after reading some of your threads RGilthanas... your way to fix imbalance is to give every good stuffs creeps have... to freeps ?
    No. Simply trying to update outdated mechanics/playstyles that aren't necessary in today's moors. One so happens to be that creeps no longer need to have the ability to map anywhere quickly and overwhelm freeps simply by greater numbers. A small group of creeps can do extremely well, nothing like "back in the day".

    Note: this isn't QQ. I'm actually very happy with today's parity between freeps and creeps, it just needs a few tweaks here and there.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    So youd be fine with losing your horse for maps? Creeps arent OP as everyone thinks they are right now, they have one class that got to much love and everything jumps to the thoughts of oh good creeps are OP.

    Maps are something creeps got for hard work and one of the few advantages over freeps and i honestly dont think that should change at all. the only negative from it is those who like to call out people around a map spot tends to invite a zerg but thats been like that for 7 years so the best way to avoid that is dont fight around map spots.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    So youd be fine with losing your horse for maps? Creeps arent OP as everyone thinks they are right now, they have one class that got to much love and everything jumps to the thoughts of oh good creeps are OP.
    Another statement that is only based on your own experience. Weavers, defilers, reavers and wargs are all OP (wargs are just easy to play, not OP, but still strong). BA's burst is fairly strong, but far from OP. The fact that you have no problem killing them on an LM, does not mean they're not strong. In fact, it's mostly because the LM is in a good shape right now. Good luck taking on any of those OP classes I mentioned on a champion, hunter, burglar, captain or (the average) warden.

    In groups, however, things appear to be quite balanced... Except for defiler heals and the damn Impale.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Another statement that is only based on your own experience. Weavers, defilers, reavers and wargs are all OP (wargs are just easy to play, not OP, but still strong). BA's burst is fairly strong, but far from OP. The fact that you have no problem killing them on an LM, does not mean they're not strong. In fact, it's mostly because the LM is in a good shape right now. Good luck taking on any of those OP classes I mentioned on a champion, hunter, burglar, captain or (the average) warden.

    In groups, however, things appear to be quite balanced... Except for defiler heals and the damn Impale.
    Actually i have other toons and yes ive beaten them and they've beaten me but those classes being OP LOL no not really theyre just in a good spot.

    Weavers reflect dot damage is messed up but doesnt overall make the class OP, Reavers Impale isnt mitigated but other then that theyre solid as reavers should be because they're the one viable creep class with damage and survival.

    I wont even bring up wargs because if you take away two OP skills(non damage skills) sprint and hips wargs are good maybe even better then good but OP naw sorry theyre not.

    Defilers are the only class i consider OP on creep side because of the damage/debuffs and healing they have at this moment ontop of the high mits
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Actually i have other toons and yes ive beaten them and they've beaten me but those classes being OP LOL no not really theyre just in a good spot.
    Please keep in mind that not everyone plays his characters as competently as you do, and that some of us are not able to beat these balanced classes. Please learn me to play.

    Weavers reflect dot damage is messed up but doesnt overall make the class OP, Reavers Impale isnt mitigated but other then that theyre solid as reavers should be because they're the one viable creep class with damage and survival.
    I guess you really just don't have a clue, then. It's not the reflect part that's OP. Also... Just lol at your reaver comment. My champ has neither damage nor survival (this is of course a hyperbole), yet reaver should have acces to both?

    I wont even bring up wargs because if you take away two OP skills(non damage skills) sprint and hips wargs are good maybe even better then good but OP naw sorry theyre not.
    Do you even read?

    Defilers are the only class i consider OP on creep side because of the damage/debuffs and healing they have at this moment ontop of the high mits
    You really don't have a clue, then. Defilers don't have high mits.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Please keep in mind that not everyone plays his characters as competently as you do, and that some of us are not able to beat these balanced classes. Please learn me to play.



    I guess you really just don't have a clue, then. It's not the reflect part that's OP. Also... Just lol at your reaver comment. My champ has neither damage nor survival (this is of course a hyperbole), yet reaver should have acces to both?



    Do you even read?



    You really don't have a clue, then. Defilers don't have high mits.
    Actually i do have a clue playing for 7 years and this is the most love creeps have gotten big deal

    1. Defilers have got mits and high ones(learn the class please)
    2. Champs are broken but that doesnt mean reavers are
    3. Spider got love big deal but OP theyre not and yes ive got one , theyre in nice shape considering the past and #### go back 7 years ago a champ could kill 4 of them.
    4. Yes i read and yes i dont considering those classes OP but some of the skills not working properly or working how they should be are OP.


    Im not a great play nor am i exceptional at my class but i do know how to fight those individual classes when im caught solo and lastly this isnt about being solo this is pretty much become a group based game as turbine as stated many times they dont balance for 1v1s but the overall effect of the moors.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Actually i do have a clue playing for 7 years and this is the most love creeps have gotten big deal

    1. Defilers have got mits and high ones(learn the class please)
    ... No comment. Learn classes please amg.

    2. Champs are broken but that doesnt mean reavers are
    Hunters, RK's, Minstrels, Captain (w/o Noble Mark, anyway).

    3. Spider got love big deal but OP theyre not and yes ive got one , theyre in nice shape considering the past and #### go back 7 years ago a champ could kill 4 of them.
    The "ive got one" part is all I need to know... lawl. And yeah, defilers were also so bad in U12, they really deserve to be OP! I can't wait for the update my champ becomes fotm again. Deserved it, after all. Damn, your logic is just so flawless!

    4. Yes i read and yes i dont considering those classes OP but some of the skills not working properly or working how they should be are OP.
    No, you don't read. And you still haven't actually read my post. I said wargs are not actually OP, only very easy to play.

    Im not a great play nor am i exceptional at my class but i do know how to fight those individual classes when im caught solo and lastly this isnt about being solo this is pretty much become a group based game as turbine as stated many times they dont balance for 1v1s but the overall effect of the moors.
    Quite the opposite. You're a god.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    ... No comment. Learn classes please amg.



    Hunters, RK's, Minstrels, Captain (w/o Noble Mark, anyway).



    The "ive got one" part is all I need to know... lawl. And yeah, defilers were also so bad in U12, they really deserve to be OP! I can't wait for the update my champ becomes fotm again. Deserved it, after all. Damn, your logic is just so flawless!



    No, you don't read. And you still haven't actually read my post. I said wargs are not actually OP, only very easy to play.



    Quite the opposite. You're a god.
    1. I know the defiler class but it sounds like you dont, are you new?

    2. Rks do a great amout of damage, their healing is lacking but their damage is great

    3. Captains are still pretty OP i guess you dont have one i do

    4.Minnys in healing mode can do amazing stuff to keep a group up

    5. Hunters i agree for the most part


    i just wonder how long you've played to get a understanding of the moors, just because you dont play your class well doesnt mean the abilities arent there so maybe just maybe you should look into this.


    theres a Lotro 101 course you should read and get a better understanding on whats going on and maybe just maybe you'll see better
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    1. I know the defiler class but it sounds like you dont, are you new?
    3 years is quite new, ask Tolgaring. Also, my r6 defiler is on 30% mitigations... Pretty damn high, especially compared to 70% Reavers, WL's and Weavers, right?

    2. Rks do a great amout of damage, their healing is lacking but their damage is great

    3. Captains are still pretty OP i guess you dont have one i do

    4.Minnys in healing mode can do amazing stuff to keep a group up

    5. Hunters i agree for the most part
    ... I'm talking about a damage and survival combo... I never said these classes are bad at their job. Learn to read bedore you post man. I'm talking about their survival while they're in their DPS spec, and vice versa.

    i just wonder how long you've played to get a understanding of the moors, just because you dont play your class well doesnt mean the abilities arent there so maybe just maybe you should look into this.
    Stop making this kind of idiotic posts. The fact that my signature doesn't show any characters, doesn't mean I do not have any. I have all characters at the level cap, except RK (85) and LM. My signature doesn't show my highest rank character, either. I perfectly well understand every class in this game, and its mechanics. Same can't be said for you, though. A defiler has the lowest mitigations after wargs and (maybe?) BA's. Learn classes, please.

    theres a Lotro 101 course you should read and get a better understanding on whats going on and maybe just maybe you'll see better
    I'm afraid I have more knowledge of this game than a lot of people on these forums (you included). Sorry to disappoint.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    3 years is quite new, ask Tolgaring. Also, my r6 defiler is on 30% mitigations... Pretty damn high, especially compared to 70% Reavers, WL's and Weavers, right?



    ... I'm talking about a damage and survival combo... I never said these classes are bad at their job. Learn to read bedore you post man. I'm talking about their survival while they're in their DPS spec, and vice versa.



    Stop making this kind of idiotic posts. The fact that my signature doesn't show any characters, doesn't mean I do not have any. I have all characters at the level cap, except RK (85) and LM. My signature doesn't show my highest rank character, either. I perfectly well understand every class in this game, and its mechanics. Same can't be said for you, though. A defiler has the lowest mitigations after wargs and (maybe?) BA's. Learn classes, please.



    I'm afraid I have more knowledge of this game than a lot of people on these forums (you included). Sorry to disappoint.

    Actually defilers can have high mits and i seriously dont understand you saying this because you claim you have one, really do yourself a favor and look into it and actually see how high you can get them.


    Freeps actually have to learn how to play better now and not rely on turbine giving it easy so you should probably work out on the test dummies and see what new stuff you can learn, until then i'll let you slide on the learning curve.


    thanks for playing
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Actually defilers can have high mits and i seriously dont understand you saying this because you claim you have one, really do yourself a favor and look into it and actually see how high you can get them.
    ... Any class "can" have high mitigations. That doesn't mean they have high mitigations. I can get my warg's mitigations up as well.

    Freeps actually have to learn how to play better now and not rely on turbine giving it easy so you should probably work out on the test dummies and see what new stuff you can learn, until then i'll let you slide on the learning curve.
    Now, where did I say I have a problem with them being OP? They're going to die regardless.
    That does not change the fact that these classes are in fact OP. Most players just lack competence to play them properly. I'm still performing reasonably well on my champ, also in 1v1. Perhaps you should just not make comments like these if you do not know who you're actually talking to?...

    But like I said, please learn me to play.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    ... Any class "can" have high mitigations. That doesn't mean they have high mitigations. I can get my warg's mitigations up as well.



    Now, where did I say I have a problem with them being OP? They're going to die regardless.
    That does not change the fact that these classes are in fact OP. Most players just lack competence to play them properly. I'm still performing reasonably well on my champ, also in 1v1. Perhaps you should just not make comments like these if you do not know who you're actually talking to?...

    But like I said, please learn me to play.
    1.please learn me to play? what

    2. Secondly you just argued defilers dont know youre admitting they do? OMG is there a full moon out.

    3. One Op class you got correct you just dont like the abilities of the other thats all


    Now back to the maps for freeps, i'll say it again no i dont think its a good idea
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    1.please learn me to play? what
    Would just like to be as good as you are. Is that too much to ask? Whacking reavers and spiders like it's nothing.

    2. Secondly you just argued defilers dont know youre admitting they do? OMG is there a full moon out.
    I can honestly, despite my several attempts, not make any proper sentence of this. Please rephrase.

    3. One Op class you got correct you just dont like the abilities of the other thats all
    Because Impale, Wrath, AtO and DR are not OP?
    Because a 5s daze + stuns + roots + fears + 1k DoT's and 2k Virulent Poisons (40% mits), and arsenal of selfheals, and Webs, combined with 70-80% mitigations is not OP?

    Oh, sorry, my bad.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

    The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Would just like to be as good as you are. Is that too much to ask? Whacking reavers and spiders like it's nothing.



    I can honestly, despite my several attempts, not make any proper sentence of this. Please rephrase.



    Because Impale, Wrath, AtO and DR are not OP?
    Because a 5s daze + stuns + roots + fears + 1k DoT's and 2k Virulent Poisons (40% mits), and arsenal of selfheals, and Webs, combined with 70-80% mitigations is not OP?

    Oh, sorry, my bad.
    Make another thread and i'll gladly debate this for you , instead of derailing this thread anymore

    kk thanks
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  20. #20
    LOL what happened to the thread?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Quebec city, Canada
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    also in 1v1.

    You are playing the wrong game

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    894
    This thread got sidetracked. Maps, horses, defilers...

    Are we taking maps away from defilers?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    This thread got sidetracked. Maps, horses, defilers...

    Are we taking maps away from defilers?
    No but hopefully theyre giving you a warg to ride
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    This thread got sidetracked. Maps, horses, defilers...

    Are we taking maps away from defilers?
    Best defiler nerf idea ever!
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
    This thread got sidetracked. Maps, horses, defilers...

    Are we taking maps away from defilers?
    Make all the healers walk everywhere!!!!

    ------

    Freeps need some maps, creeps need less. Give freeps 2 or 3 good creep maps.

    Lots of map ins from freeps as well as creeps.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload