We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Canceling VIP Subscription

I wanting to find out how cancelling my VIP sub will effect my account? I have bought the following expansions: Helms Deep, Moria, Isengard, Riders of Roahan and Mirkwood. How drastically will it effect my game play if i decide not to renew.

The big two:

1) You lose access to the VIP rental content. That would be Angmar, Endewaith, Eregion, Evendim, Forochel, Great River, Lohtlorien (some people will keep Lothlorien depending on when they bought Mines of Moria) Misty Mountains, North Downs, Trollshaws and the new regions coming in Update 14. Hopefully I did not miss a region.

2) You lose access to the Moors on the Freep side. You can rent access as a non VIP.

Plus:

1) No VIP bonus experience points. Which may or may not be a loss for you.

2) Any new characters you create after VIP ends are seriously limited.

3) You have to buy the horse riding skill. You do not have access to the horse riding skill quest any more.

4) There is some sort of crafting limitation. I believe it has to do with advancing in craft guilds and or joining additional guilds.

5) You lose two character slots. You may have to put two characters into the locker until you buy additional character slots.

6) You lose 20 wardrobe spaces.

I let someone else fix my errors. Add to what I wrote.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

7) Auctions: Total number of auction slots per character drops by at least half (15? might be lower).
    8) Certain skirms/instances are no longer available. Inn of the Forgotten is one of them.
    9) 5g Gold Cap on new characters created after VIP sub expired.

Take a look here for more info: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Account_Types