We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning player questions about horses and deeds

Coming back after about a year and a half absence. Questions:

1. How do I get a horse without a subscription? The guys at the farm say I need a sub to get a horse. What now? My warden is 22.

2. I have a 33 burglar and 32 captain, 4 runekeeper and 21 warden. Mostly interested in the warden, RK, and burglar. However, I have a LOT of deeds to complete on my burglar and I' not keen on going back to the old forest and bree area at 33 to fight greens/greys for deeds. Do I need them or can I get the deeds in other areas around my level?

3. I like support the best. Of the burglar, runekeeper, and warden, which are most helpful in groups? I'm really liking warden now but not sure how assailment line will work in groups. The debuffs seem underwhelming. Is that true or do they actually help? Can I do decent damage as a bubble healing focused RK?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Paltaye View Post
    1. How do I get a horse without a subscription? The guys at the farm say I need a sub to get a horse. What now? My warden is 22.
    You need to open the in game Lotro Store. Find and buy the horse riding skill. I believe it is 95 Turbine Points. Once you have the horse riding skill, you can purchase one of the 500 silver horses at the Horse Farm.
    2. I have a 33 burglar and 32 captain, 4 runekeeper and 21 warden. Mostly interested in the warden, RK, and burglar. However, I have a LOT of deeds to complete on my burglar and I' not keen on going back to the old forest and bree area at 33 to fight greens/greys for deeds. Do I need them or can I get the deeds in other areas around my level?
    Decide which virtues that you want to slot / equip. Do all the deeds that provide an increase in those virtues. Do or ignore the others as you desire.

No comment on 3 since I do not play a rune keeper or a warden.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

First, you need the Riding trait, any player that has completed the Introduction, can purchase the Riding passive trait form the LotRO store for 95TP per character.
    Though, there are certain purchases that are applied throughout the account; Such as Sam Gamgee's Starter pack and the Account-wide Apprentice/Journeyman Riding traits.
    Also, VIP's can take a quest from Hogmeister's farm to get the Riding trait at level 20. If you're not VIP, then you don't have access to this quest.

Then, once you have the Trait, you can purchase basic Mounts from Hogmeister's farm for 500 silver, or from rep Vendors, at some festivals/events, etc.
    Completing deeds will get you TP, which can buy things from the LotRO store.

A side from that, most deeds will also improve your virtue traits. And, since U13, your Virtues have become more important for Mitigations.
    3. I like support the best. Of the burglar, runekeeper, and warden, which are most helpful in groups? I'm really liking warden now but not sure how assailment line will work in groups. The debuffs seem underwhelming. Is that true or do they actually help? Can I do decent damage as a bubble healing focused RK?
    I've never meet anyone who bothers to use Assailment. I don't know why the devs keep trying to make that a thing. Wardens are either tank or DPS.
    Likewise, Burgs tend to be DPS with either QK or Gambler, though some can heal small groups with MM.
    And, RK will either DPS with Fire/Elec or heal. Fire, with its multi-target DoT's, is the better DPS for groups.

Unable to buy 500 horse. SAys I must be a subscriber. I bought the riding trait. I see the 500 horses but they are greyd out because it still says I must be subscriber.

What exactly is the name of the Mount you're trying to buy?

If do you have the Riding trait, then you should be able to buy Bay, Blonde Sorrel, Bloodbay and Chestnut Steeds, regardless of your account status.
    In order to buy the Bree-land Starter Mount, you have to be VIP, but there's no reason to purchase this Mount, as it's only 132% running speed, while the others are 162%.

The riding trait is per character unless you get one of the apprentice/journeyman packages. Make sure you purchased the riding trait on the character you were wanting to buy a horse for. That could be why the horses are locked.