We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So they are scaling the rift?

Scaling Gear in Rift instance loot
    From Bullroarers notes.

... or what?

I think it means they will introduce the new loot system to this instance and change the loot... What a shame.

New loot system = essence gear?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueXiphoid View Post
    New loot system = essence gear?
    There is more than one new loot system since launch in 2007. When the Rift came out in 2007 or early 2008 there was only fixed loot. Later on Turbine introduced loot that scales - A level 50 gets the level 50 version of the armor piece with level 50 stats, go back at 51 get the same piece - it will have better stats.

That is my take on Kehleyr's comment on "Scaling gear in Rift instance loot." --> The stats depend on your character's level.

Otherwise the Rift loot would be under the Socketed Gear bullet instead of having its own bullet.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    There is more than one new loot system since launch in 2007. When the Rift came out in 2007 or early 2008 there was only fixed loot. Later on Turbine introduced loot that scales - A level 50 gets the level 50 version of the armor piece with level 50 stats, go back at 51 get the same piece - it will have better stats.

That is my take on Kehleyr's comment on "Scaling gear in Rift instance loot." --> The stats depend on your character's level.
    Loot that scales depending on your character's level? You mean depending on the instance's level, don't you?

Because if it was like you said, it would mean that a lvl-capped character can get better gear out of a fixed-level 50 raid (Rift) than an actual lvl 50 character. This does not make any sense at all, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Loot that scales depending on your character's level? You mean depending on the instance's level, don't you?
    Good point. If the instance is started at level 50 then the instance loot can not scale above 50. If the character is level 50 then the loot can not scale above 50 for that character.

In summary, the loot is scaled based on the lowest level - character or instance.

Some examples:
    1) Level 50 instance - Level 95 character. You get level 50 loot.
    2) Level 50 instance - Level 46 character. You get level 46 loot.

You can't twink a level 46 by starting a level 70 instance. There is not much benefit for a level 95 running a level 50 instance because they are not going to get any usable loot items.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

They may be referring to the Rescue in Nurz Ghashu instance rather than the raid. Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Good point. If the instance is started at level 50 then the instance loot can not scale above 50. If the character is level 50 then the loot can not scale above 50 for that character.

In summary, the loot is scaled based on the lowest level - character or instance.

Some examples:
    1) Level 50 instance - Level 95 character. You get level 50 loot.
    2) Level 50 instance - Level 46 character. You get level 46 loot.

You can't twink a level 46 by starting a level 70 instance. There is not much benefit for a level 95 running a level 50 instance because they are not going to get any usable loot items.
    Today you only get loot based on instance level. A lvl 46 and a lvl 55 who run school on lvl 50 will both get the lvl 50 loot.