We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lieutenants!

Lieutenants!

For those who dont know, spepherd of the filth, venemous blood arrow are op monsters in skirm, but they have op skills, the crawlers, and substracting hp or mp, im playing champion, so its easy for me , when they start to cast the spell, i just stin them and they failed, so im clear, sont know about others, so if anyone got problems in skirm with those two, use stun when the start to cast ( u can see on shepherd when crouching, then he is casting or when u see a cicrcle under them!?

Blood Arrow: Every class* has an interrupt skill. So, interrupt him as soon as he runs out and he's easy peasy.
    *Except possibly LM, but their daze is insta-cast, so that works too.

Shepherd of Filth: It's a pit trickier. If you have a stun/daze skill, use it with he starts to summon the crawlers. Else, use AoE/ranged attacks to kill the crawlers before they explode.

In all, those Lieutenants are rather easy. I'd say Blood Rook, Daylight Beserker and Echo of Death are far more annoying. Though, the first two could be handled with a daze. And, Priest of Vengeance will usually kill someone, because they're not paying attention and will attack the mob that has the reflect damage buff.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Skirmish_Lieutenants

As noted in the other thread you posted, this wiki page explains all the lieutenants and what they do. Knowing this stuff is the only hard part left about learning to skirmish effectively. When I started skirmishing, if a lieutenant 'got me' i'd remember it's name and look it up. Or I'd skirm with the page open, identify them before starting to fight them and alt tab to it to check before attacking them.

Some basic tips for newer players:
    • Lieutenants and other mobs also have little symbols below their vitals that explain their buffs and debuffs. If you mouse over that little symbol it will tell you it has a minus incoming melee damage effect, just for example.
    • The circles around their feet will revolve when they are performing inductions.
    • Many also 'shout' what they are going to do. Having the chat box show their words helps you to know who they are attacking and how (eg 'Jaximus, fear my rage' would say to you that you are about to get a fear debuff. 'Feel the burn' would tell you they are about to do area of effect fire, etc.) .
    • Sometimes your character will get 'an eye' overhead which says you have an effect on you -usually a dot (damage over time) that means you should bubble up and sometimes you even need to run away from the group before you drop fire on your fellows feet, or whatever.
    • Some reflect damage -so if you attack them the damage you do bounces back onto yourself.
    • Your soldier won't attack some lieutenants if the attcks will cause more harm to you.
    • Having a good strong soldier helps.

It's harder with old eyes and a small laptop screen, but if I can manage to recognise the different types i'm sure most people can. It eventually becomes automatic to react the appropriate way. Then you can apply this knowledge to the bosses in instances and raids, if you ever choose to do them. This is the main fun of learning to skirmish-the mobs/lieutenants vary each time, and come in different combinations and need different strategies to defeat them.

and if you practice enough you may be able to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETNGo12-h4
    it's meant for 12 players, and hopefully won't be possible for much longer, but it's fun to watch what a 95 champ can do
    Last edited by Calta; Jun 19 2014 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Blood Arrow: Every class* has an interrupt skill. So, interrupt him as soon as he runs out and he's easy peasy.
    *Except possibly LM, but their daze is insta-cast, so that works too.

Shepherd of Filth: It's a pit trickier. If you have a stun/daze skill, use it with he starts to summon the crawlers. Else, use AoE/ranged attacks to kill the crawlers before they explode.

In all, those Lieutenants are rather easy. I'd say Blood Rook, Daylight Beserker and Echo of Death are far more annoying. Though, the first two could be handled with a daze. And, Priest of Vengeance will usually kill someone, because they're not paying attention and will attack the mob that has the reflect damage buff.
    Loremasters have an Interrupt as part of Bane Flare. If you need additional interrupts, you can use the Eagle. If the enemy is *ranged*, you can also use the Raven to harass them (largely cancels out their ability to use ranged attacks and forces them into melee).
    [i]Nothing can seem extraordinary until you have discovered what is ordinary.[/i] - C.S. Lewis
    =
    [i]Saruman believes it is only great power that keeps evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small things... the actions of ordinary folk... that keeps the darkness at bay.[/i] - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossbow View Post
    Loremasters have an Interrupt as part of Bane Flare.
    Like I said, Bane Flare is a daze, not an Interrupt.

All of those skills specifically interrupt induction.
    If you need additional interrupts, you can use the Eagle. If the enemy is *ranged*, you can also use the Raven to harass them (largely cancels out their ability to use ranged attacks and forces them into melee).
    And, yes. While some of the LM pets do have the chance to interrupt a mob, you shouldn't rely on that happening, on account of Murphy's law.

The Lore-master interrupt is in fact Blinding Flash. This is also a daze, but the skill description specifically mentions 'interrupts inductions', so this should interrupt even if the daze fails.

And, yes. While some of the LM pets do have the chance to interrupt a mob, you shouldn't rely on that happening, on account of Murphy's law.
    As the previous post already stated, LM's interrupt is Blinding Flash.
    Eye Peck (Eagles interrupt) is actually quite reliable, it has a 15s cooldown, and once it's off cd, the eagle will always prioritize using it if it detects it's target is inducting.

About the shepherd, I generally throw sticky gourd/ring of fire on the luit and than stand on top of him, the crawlers just die if they come close :P.

As usual, my mind was thinking the wrong name for the skill. Blinding Flash is both a daze and interrupt in the same skill.

Also, the Eagle will *always* use its interrupt skill any time it detects an induction and has the interrupt available.

A Loremaster has enough Dazes/Stuns in their arsenal to use as pseudo-interrupt skills as well. But, Blinding Flash and the Eagle are the 2 most reliable forms.
    [i]Nothing can seem extraordinary until you have discovered what is ordinary.[/i] - C.S. Lewis
    =
    [i]Saruman believes it is only great power that keeps evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small things... the actions of ordinary folk... that keeps the darkness at bay.[/i] - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossbow View Post
    But, Blinding Flash and the Eagle are the 2 most reliable forms.
    Now that we're discussing LM interrupts, I'd like to point out that the animation time for Blinding Flash is horrible for interrupting. For mob inductions that are very short (a few seconds), I almost always miss it, since first the animation of my previous skill has to finish, and then the Blinding Flash animation has to finish before the interrupt occurs.

As I read the bit about the eagle here yesterday, I thought I'd try it today, but I didn't find any reference to the interrupt in-game. Is it a 'passive' skill for the Eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathili View Post
    Now that we're discussing LM interrupts, I'd like to point out that the animation time for Blinding Flash is horrible for interrupting. For mob inductions that are very short (a few seconds), I almost always miss it, since first the animation of my previous skill has to finish, and then the Blinding Flash animation has to finish before the interrupt occurs.

As I read the bit about the eagle here yesterday, I thought I'd try it today, but I didn't find any reference to the interrupt in-game. Is it a 'passive' skill for the Eagle?
    It is a passive, unlisted skill for the Eagle. Also, as of Helms Deep, Blinding Flash was changed to be faster to cast considering it is an LM's base "interrupt" skill (and a daze).

But, again... unless the target is immune to stun/daze... just about any skill with a daze/stun on it will work as an interrupt. If the target has inductions that are "ranged", you can even use the Raven to interrupt those ranged skills.
    =

Im champion, so when Blood Arrow successfully casts a spell on me, i just active Fear Nothing, and the disease is gone!
    But against Shepherd, when i fail my stun, im dead... i dont use aoe, i use red line!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaximus View Post
    Im champion, so when Blood Arrow successfully casts a spell on me, i just active Fear Nothing, and the disease is gone!
    Or, simply run up to him and use Clobber before the induction ends.
    But against Shepherd, when i fail my stun, im dead... i dont use aoe, i use red line!
    You "fail" your stun? You have the Horn of Gondor and the Woodworker crafted consumables.

But, a side from that, you still have access to Bladewall.