We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    5 Haven Way, Menellant, Falathorn, Elendimir

Thumbs down "You do not have permission to access customer support for LOTRO."

When I click on the Help button I get the following message: "You do not have permission to access customer support for LOTRO.", thus I am unable to submit a new ticket, review previous tickets, and/or submit a bug report.

I am not a F2P, I am not a Premium account holder.

I am a Lifer, and I had this as an option since day one of my account.

This needs to get resolved, it has been two days as of 06.19.2014!
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][CENTER]Hallatur [LM] | Galadtar [HNT] | Yaraval [RK] | Tarsilme [CPT] | Till [BRG][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][b][color=Red]Proud Member of Aurora Australis on Elendilmir[/SIZE][/b][/color][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][b][color=Red]Founder of Aphadrim uin Calad on Elendilmir[/SIZE][/b][/color]
    [SIZE=2][color=White]~ Established: February 2005~[/SIZE][/color]

[URL="http:/forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=238856"]Editor of Community Resource—Elendilmir: Kinship Directory, make sure to add your Kinship.[/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

http://lotrobugs.turbine.com/ics/sup...?style=classic

You can try this link to submit your bug out of the game. Maybe you should call Turbine about you being not able to access the ingame bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    http://lotrobugs.turbine.com/ics/sup...?style=classic

You can try this link to submit your bug out of the game. Maybe you should call Turbine about you being not able to access the ingame bug report.
    Thank you, I am ware of alternative ways of submitting bug reports. The primary issue here is the disappearance of in–game access to my account options.
    I have submitted a ticket on–line, this is just an additional means.
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][CENTER]Hallatur [LM] | Galadtar [HNT] | Yaraval [RK] | Tarsilme [CPT] | Till [BRG][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][b][color=Red]Proud Member of Aurora Australis on Elendilmir[/SIZE][/b][/color][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][b][color=Red]Founder of Aphadrim uin Calad on Elendilmir[/SIZE][/b][/color]

[URL="http:/forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=238856"]Editor of Community Resource—Elendilmir: Kinship Directory, make sure to add your Kinship.[/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Hallatur View Post
    I have submitted a ticket on–line, this is just an additional means.
    No one on the forum can do anything, since this is specific to your account. You can either wait for the ticket to be processed (be sure to reply to the auto-response sent) or call Account Management when they are open to get it resolved right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    No one on the forum can do anything, since this is specific to your account. You can either wait for the ticket to be processed (be sure to reply to the auto-response sent) or call Account Management when they are open to get it resolved right away.
    Thank you for your feedback.

There are CRs at the forums as well. Just means of awareness since this is the Customer Support section of the forum.
    I am waiting on the ticket to be processed, between 3 to 5 days as noted in the e–mail. The reply to the auto–response e–mail should only be if there is an update on the ticket (as noted in the e–mail).

Considering I am now in Europe, and at work, I have no intention of calling them directly (or via Google Voice, or via Skype) since they have other means of resolving issues than spending X time on the telephone.

There are CRs at the forums as well.
    the CRs do occasionally check the forums (or so the rumor goes ), but using the forums for this kind of help is by far the slowest way of getting help

Just means of awareness since this is the Customer Support section of the forum.
    these are peer-peer (player to player)support forums with occasional input from forum mods when they see the problem, our forum mods have no access to player account information even those from turbine
    I am waiting on the ticket to be processed, between 3 to 5 days as noted in the e–mail. The reply to the auto–response e–mail should only be if there is an update on the ticket (as noted in the e–mail).
    "should" being the operative word here, however the system will send an auto email to most requests for help. they assume that this auto email will resolve an issue in the first instance, if no reply is received the system will assume the problem is solved and close the ticket. if you receive an email asking you to reply if your problem is not resolved, you must reply to the email to receive help from an actual person

Quote Originally Posted by Finglonger_UK View Post
    the CRs do occasionally check the forums (or so the rumor goes ), but using the forums for this kind of help is by far the slowest way of getting help
    My primary way of dealing with this issue being through the Support Ticket makes it the fastest way picked, this is an additional as I mentioned above so the speed is not in question.

these are peer-peer (player to player)support forums with occasional input from forum mods when they see the problem, our forum mods have no access to player account information even those from turbine
    The forum name is: Account Support Questions. It further states: Look here for answers to your questions about your LOTRO account, including Pre-orders, subscription plans, etc. And my thread deals with account support. No where does it state it is peer–to–peer, and even in that case the expectation is to provide constructive information not criticism or already known information.

"should" being the operative word here, however the system will send an auto email to most requests for help. they assume that this auto email will resolve an issue in the first instance, if no reply is received the system will assume the problem is solved and close the ticket. if you receive an email asking you to reply if your problem is not resolved, you must reply to the email to receive help from an actual person
    I don't know if you have read the e–mail or not:
    Thank you for contacting Turbine. This automated Email has been sent to let you know that we have received your help request. You will receive a response from a Turbine Account Management Representative as soon as possible.

Currently, responses take about 3-5 days to process. While you are awaiting your response please feel free to search for an answer to your question(s) within our Knowledge Base:
    http://support.turbine.com

To update your ticket please reply to this Email. In your reply please do not update the default subject line.
    So no where does it say I must respond to the e–mail but rather if I want to update the ticket that I could by responding to the e–mail without changing the subject line. So no the e–mail, as you can see, does not ask me to respond, but rather that I will be contacted by an Account Management Representative in 3 to 5 days.

In any case, thank you for your input and for sharing your point of view and experience.

My primary way of dealing with this issue being through the Support Ticket makes it the fastest way picked, this is an additional as I mentioned above so the speed is not in question.
    Support on the forum is very slow. At least 95% of the time, the official response is to put in an email ticket or place a phone call. Or not response someone like Finglonger UK already provided the correct answer.

What you get here is going to be:
    1) How to fix the problem yourself? Not applicable in your case.
    2) How to contact a Turbine employee that can fix it for you? You have done that.
    The forum name is: Account Support Questions. It further states: Look here for answers to your questions about your LOTRO account, including Pre-orders, subscription plans, etc. And my thread deals with account support. No where does it state it is peer–to–peer, and even in that case the expectation is to provide constructive information not criticism or already known information.
    Your statement is correct. The kind of support or help you are looking for is not available here. It helps if you read the sticky threads provided by Turbine at the top of this forum. These threads such as this one:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ort-Experience
    clarify who, what, where and how. Here is another sticky:
    https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/show...%28EN-FR-DE%29
    that expands on the previous sticky. I pulled these piece on support forums out of the second sticky I referenced which may be of particular interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by what does the support forum provide
    The Support Forums are a great place to ask for general information, quick questions, in-game advice such as character development and pathing, quests, account policies and procedures, etc. The Support Forums are not the best place to ask for official feedback, although we will often provide it. If you have an account or character specific question, would like a support answer within a certain time limit, or would like an official support answer, we recommend you contact the appropriate department directly using the support options at the top of this post. The information included below can help you determine which department to contact.

The Support Forums are a great place for players to get a quick question answered. Often the community members will beat a Turbine Support Representative to the answer, but someone will be around to verify! Please note that if the community member's answer is correct, we likely won't post.
    Please note that we are unable to assist with account or store specific questions on the forums (or in PMs), such as, "Why is there a $XX.XX charge on my account?" or "My bank statement says I paid you, but my account is expired!!" For these sorts of questions we recommend you contact Account Management directly, using the information provided at the top of this post.

We ask you to contact us directly as we will need account specific information to both verify your account and investigate your issue. Since this information is attached to your account (and confidential) we want to help you keep it as secure as possible. We do NOT want you to post it in these forums for the general public to see!

Please keep in mind that you can also find a wealth of information in our Knowledge Base (linked above).
    I've bolded some parts that should interest you.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Just a quick update on this topic.

Over the weekend I received an e–mail from a CR on my submitted ticket, in the time frame as stated in the original e–mail. Responded to it, and as of this morning I am able to access the Help window in–game and use the options I should have access to based on my account type.

Luckily the issue wasn't as serious as some others are, but still the timeframe could be quicker. Ideally speaking.