We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Steed of the Red Dawn

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Item:...f_the_Red_Dawn

Does anybody know where this steed can be obtained? I don't have any pictures but it's more or less a red coloured Steed of the Eastemnet but the symbols are different as well. I've read in the "Show off your favourite war-steed outfit" thread that it is with the German Heroic version of Riders of Rohan. Is this true? I'd like some details on it. I saw two people in-game with this steed, I asked one of them and he just said that it came with Riders of Rohan. I asked him if it was the German edition and he said he wasn't sure there's a difference between it and the others. Didn't say whether or not he bought the German edition.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield

I have this steed and the matching outfit from a boxed version.

That was a Polish edition of boxed RoR, basic version that cost roughly equivalent of 40 $, with a CD with the base client (I assume, I already had the game installed) and the RoR code.
    Frankly I expected to get the olive steed outfit as I was convinced it went with all RoR versions. Instead I got the the steeds of Eastemnet and of Red Dawn on all my toons, and the matching Red Dawn outfit on those lvl 75.

Was quite mystified at that time and still am :P maybe some unannounced feature of European editions?

Quote Originally Posted by ticzerka71 View Post
    ---Was quite mystified at that time and still am :P maybe some unannounced feature of European editions?
    Truly unannounced. There's nothing, not even half a word, to be found about this, other than in discussions between players.

In-game, you can get to see the red steed parked near the end of the Epic they gave us with RoR.

ETA:
    That steed? Can't be glimpsed in the screencaps on the official RoR site, either.
    There truly was no way to know about that steed, before buying the European boxed version and using it. Nice.
    Last edited by Daeross; Nov 26 2012 at 07:10 PM.

I got it from the German box set - Had to order from Amazon in Germany. Yay for internet translation services! I recieved the box, took out the key code, entered it into my account and poof, I got it. I did not get any matching armor though (that would have been really nice).

For those interested in what it looks like and a screencap of the steed of the eastment for comparison. Sorry for the night shots. It always seems to be night when I log in.

Ah! It's that symbol again.

Well, sorta.

Thanks for the images. About the war-steed appearances, they only come with the Legendary Editions of RoR. Which edition of the German one did you buy? If I'm not wrong, the European has the base, Heroic and Legendary Editions too.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Raesharra View Post
    Sorry for the night shots. It always seems to be night when I log in.

Phew, I'm not the only one haunted by nighttime every blasted time that I log in. It's like Rohan has no other time of day. No it has to be night... *grumble* again.
    Thanks for the pics. I'm a little jealous, I've always favored the color red far above green. So I have no intention of using mine, cept the well groomed tail piece.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonarhxus View Post
    Ah! It's that symbol again.Thanks for the images. About the war-steed appearances, they only come with the Legendary Editions of RoR. Which edition of the German one did you buy? If I'm not wrong, the European has the base, Heroic and Legendary Editions too.
    If you google Amazon Germany and then search Riders of Rohan there's only one box set you can get that I saw. I would link the page directly but I'm not sure it's allowed. The exact product title is Der Herr der Ringe Online: Die Reiter von Rohan and in the picture you can see it say PC and DVD in the upper left.

Hope that helps.

I have that horse from polish version of RoR and I've got a question: is it always called "Wrath"?

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    I've used this in a couple of live streams. I'm currently working to get the codes for it so we can add the steed to Extra Life and perhaps find new ways for players to earn it through community channels later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I've used this in a couple of live streams. I'm currently working to get the codes for it so we can add the steed to Extra Life and perhaps find new ways for players to earn it through community channels later this year.
    Sapience, you will be my hero if you can get codes for this steed for Extra Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylrisson View Post
    Sapience, you will be my hero if you can get codes for this steed for Extra Life.
    Ditto! I am already thrilled that you were able to add the Steed of the First Marshal. As a horse collector, I have been trying to figure out a way to get these two for ages. Thank you for trying to do this!

I'm such a nut for more mounts I'd buy the cosmetics for the Steed of the Red Dawn in a heartbeat if I could.